Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Cucurella should have cut it out though.

An OG waster. Hilarious how much he has fucked it off since he moved to Chelsea.

Looks like every second weed smoking Spaniard you see outside Europe too which confirms this. 

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Seems like quality prep for the season this like, proper games.

I love playing teams from the league to be honest. It’s a much better run out than going to like Japan and playing a bunch of their local teams. 

That being said, I’d love to see us go somewhere like Brazil or Argentina and play their teams too though. 

Right, I have torn up my notes on the first half all because of Miggy.  Anyway here goes.  I will bullit  

Point my observations because  I don't want to turn into Stifler (winky face).

. We look poor in defence because of lack of pace.

. Gordon is scaring the shit out of the opposition.

. We lack any ingenuity from midfield.

. I can't wait for Pope to be back in goal.

. Chelsea have a lot of fantastic footballers.  If Poch gets them working as a team then they will be up there.

Just now, cubaricho said:

I love playing teams from the league to be honest. It’s a much better run out than going to like Japan and playing a bunch of their local teams. 

That being said, I’d love to see us go somewhere like Brazil or Argentina and play their teams too though. 

I'd like us to go to Midwest USA so I can fucking watch them live!

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

their goal comes from the same issue we had vs Villa. Huge gap between midfield and defence to exploit.

If you play a high press there always a chance there'll be gaps to be found. That's why pace at the back is crucial to cover ground quickly when those gaps are found.

Our goal came after Murphy's header, which would be 0.4-0.5 xG for the nerds. It was not "against the run of play".

Gordon looks quick thinking and very composed on the ball. When you remember that he also happens to be about the third or fourth fastest player in the league, something we've hardly exploited in his time here, he has potential galore. By contrast, Mudryk is looking a bit like ASM, extremely skilful and unpredictable, but not really effective.

Just now, TRon said:

If you play a high press there always a chance there'll be gaps to be found. That's why pace at the back is crucial to cover ground quickly when those gaps are found.

I presume Eddie realizes that himself. Must be balancing many factors. Current players, needs, in effect what can he change.

i think the heat has been a factor too.

But based on the 1st half - Gordon and Miley look very good.

Tonali needs to be a bit more adventurous with his passing - but amazing 1st touch

Joelinton took a massive blow to the head, hope hes ok.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

I'd like us to go to Midwest USA so I can fucking watch them live!

Obviously I agree. :lol:  

They have mentioned that this is the “inaugural” Premier League Summer Series so I’d imagine the one next season might be a West Coast type thing. I don’t imagine we’ll be involved again so quickly but hopefully when they do a Midwest one we’ll be involved and can go. :lol: