General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

From a purely selfish point of view the worst part of moving our game to Christmas Eve would inevitably mean our home game on boxing day would be moved to 27th/28th, breaking tradition of a boxing day matchday p*ss up.

The whole idea of fixtures on Christmas Eve is just a massive joke though, shouldn't be allowed.

From a purely selfish point of view the worst part of moving our game to Christmas Eve would inevitably mean our home game on boxing day would be moved to 27th/28th, breaking tradition of a boxing day matchday p*ss up.

The whole idea of fixtures on Christmas Eve is just a massive joke though, shouldn't be allowed.

I'm the same tbh :lol: Love Boxing Day games. But that change is looking more likely as we play Man City at home on Boxing Day and it'll be the first time Rafa and Guardiola will have faced each other competitively so it's guaranteed to be on TV. If they change it it'll be the 27th, as we've got another home game scheduled for the 30th, against Brighton.

I'm almost praying that if they just have to move our game at West Ham they move it to the Friday night. It'll still be a massive piss take for our away fans going down there but it'd be better than going down to London on Christmas Eve, and West Ham have had and are still set to have a few Friday night games when at the Olympic Stadium.

I'm the same tbh :lol: Love Boxing Day games. But that change is looking more likely as we play Man City at home on Boxing Day and it'll be the first time Rafa and Guardiola will have faced each other competitively so it's guaranteed to be on TV. If they change it it'll be the 27th, as we've got another home game scheduled for the 30th, against Brighton.

I'm almost praying that if they just have to move our game at West Ham they move it to the Friday night. It'll still be a massive p*ss take for our away fans going down there but it'd be better than going down to London on Christmas Eve, and West Ham have had and are still set to have a few Friday night games when at the Olympic Stadium.

Fingers crossed the West Ham game stays as it is on the Saturday and the Man City game gets moved to the early evening/night slot on boxing day.

I'm almost praying that if they just have to move our game at West Ham they move it to the Friday night. It'll still be a massive p*ss take for our away fans going down there but it'd be better than going down to London on Christmas Eve, and West Ham have had and are still set to have a few Friday night games when at the Olympic Stadium.

Fingers crossed the West Ham game stays as it is on the Saturday and the Man City game gets moved to the early evening/night slot on boxing day.

Aye, I’m at work if we kick off at 3pm of 5:30, here is hoping for a 7:45 KO.

:thup: Last 2 Boxing Days have been home games at 5:30 and 7:45. Hopefully it'll be something similar this time, atmosphere should be class at that if it's at those times.

If they are going to have Christmas Eve games, then build the schedule with that in mind and scheduled "local" games for that game day.  NE vs NE, Midlands vs Midlands, London vs London etc

Don't have a teams furthest fixture (Newcastle v Swansea, Bournemouth v Huddersfield) scheduled for Christmas Eve. 

It;s not a bad idea - it just needs to be planned into the schedule, and not be an afterthought where you have fans trekking the length of the country when they could have been a quick trip home with a bit of fore thought.

I’m pretty sure Boxing Day used to traditionally be derby day, then a reverse fixture on New Year’s Day.

Now though with people just being on th piss for a good few days before the game there is no way you could police it correctly.

[emoji3] OK, so maybe not the derby games or the big rivalry games - but if they wanted Christmas Eve games then they should schedule the right match ups for that.

And we know that having a London club travel to the NE for Christmas Eve would be unthinkable but having  Newcastle in London wouldn't cause a second thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't they just move Christmas Eve to the 23rd?

In America they have football games on Christmas Day, only a matter of time before they come here.

They used to years ago.

Aye, 1957 was the last full fixture list in Div 1, last game 1965. Used to get some mental results with the reverse fixture on Boxing Day.

"High scores and unpredictable results almost certainly contributed to the popularity of the games. In 1956 Tottenham beat Everton 8-0 at White Hart Lane; Bury beat Bristol Rovers 7-2 and then lost the return game on Boxing Day 6-1. The following year Chelsea beat Portsmouth 7-4 on Christmas Day and lost 3-0 at Fratton Park on Boxing Day; Bristol Rovers, almost repeated their previous year’s performances, losing 6-4 at Swansea then winning 3-0 at Eastville."

Always reckoned the defenders played pissed. :lol:

Note: I am not that old to have been there, so a pre-emptive fuck off to anyone even thinking that.