General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Looking forward to:

- CEO appointment (might speed up other announcements)

- Sporting director announcement (Dan Ashworth, most likely)

- Next season kits reveal (hopefully with a new manufacturer, but unlikely)

- Sponsorship/s announcement

- New arrivals

Let us hope all of these are spread out, and not announced all at once :D

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

I thought Ba was a free agent.

I’m sure we triggered some weird free agent clause he had going on. I know for a fact we paid a good few quid to his people to get him here… I think something like ten people were involved in the whole deal and needed paid to sign him. I think Ba did that to look after his people, family etc. He’s a top guy IMO and I loved him when he was here, to think what Rafa or Howe could have done with that team!

On 07/05/2022 at 12:05, OCK said:

He's still only 28. Fella has had a few bad games in the grand scheme of things, given the amount of managers he's been through. Signing him and Darlow almost looks like great business in hindsight, considering they've been here 8 years. I think we're arseholes as fans. [emoji38]

Aye I think he gets a lot of unfair stick on here. Not a great player, but has been a very good servant for us here. If he's good enough for Rafa, he's good enough for me :snod:

8 hours ago, Nine said:

The thickest pundit out there

My favourite was in a FourFourTwo interview yonks ago, when he was asked what he’d likely have been if he wasn’t a footballer.  ‘A model, because I’m really interested in fashion’.  There is a man completely lacking in self awareness.

Peter Crouch’s answer to the question of what he’d have been if he wasn’t a footballer?  ‘A virgin’.  There is a man with self awareness …

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/premier-league-2022-23/winner

Obviously mainly a case of bookies covering their backs and not taking any chances, plus expectation of anticipated money, but Newcastle are the clear 7th faves for the 2022/23 title, the same odds as Arsenal at Betway, and significantly shorter than the likes of West Ham and Leicester.

It'll likely be at least 5 years until we are even in any kind of half realistic contention, but how good does that look to be pretty much the same odds as Arsenal to win the league next season, and not being the usual 4th to 6th favourites to go down like we have been for years? It must have been about 16/17 years since we were considered in amongst the top 7 faves.

On 13/05/2022 at 09:15, TheBrownBottle said:

My favourite was in a FourFourTwo interview yonks ago, when he was asked what he’d likely have been if he wasn’t a footballer.  ‘A model, because I’m really interested in fashion’.  There is a man completely lacking in self awareness.

Heaven's above, he's one of the ugliest bastards I've ever clapped eyes on, like what Gilbert the Alien would look like after he went on queer eye for the straight guy, he's not average for an alien  - so obviously he'd have been a model

Edited by Wolfcastle