General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

To be fair he's probably having a dig at anyone who wants a slice of credit for the way his son was looked after here in the past, rather than today's NUFC.

He might make a good consultant for us on what we need to do to revamp our academy.

It is an absolute banger to be fair. Can't help but getting hyped up for the match when you hear it.

Interesting to hear how much its changed though.

I wasn't a big fan of that 2006 version.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There’s nothing better than that song before kick off. 

Just wish the guy wouldn’t shout ‘enjoy the game’ and ruin it :lol:

hate that.

me kids cringe when he says it.

Ignoring the piece consists of no one other than Geordies, talking about what a song associated with NUGC/Geordies means to Geordies.

It's quite telling that Tino still didn't get picked over Burn, and Howe didn't want to go with the thoughts of Ben Parkinson.

22 minutes ago, huss9 said:

hate that.

me kids cringe when he says it.

I automatically shout fuck off every time he says it now. Cant stop meself anymore

Cry inside when he's announcing the teams and he starts shouting bruno bruno

I love Going Home/Local Hero but has the timing of it changed over the years? It starts later now, doesn't it? It used to play as players emerged but now that's the orchestral/choir piece, and Local Hero starts afterwards. Sometimes feels like everyone's waiting around for it to finish before the ref can blow his whistle. 

Could be talking shite. I'd bin the orchestral piece though.

Edit: orchestral piece, then PL music, then Local Hero. It's playing when the teams are shaking hands. Too late imo.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

That song still gives me chills on occasions 

Me too. Love it and one of the first tunes I learned to play (on whistle/flute not guitar). Not least as it is easy to play (Blaydon Races is even easier). Though it is actually called Going Home ?. ‘Twas just the theme to Local Hero—nice film but nowt to do with us/North East, whereas Going Home is very much about us—Mark Knopfler going home. 

Local Hero just reminds me of up here. Home. Would listen to it with my headphones on whenever I'd feel homesick at uni like a tragic tosser. 

That and The Dying Light by Sam Fender give the same vibe to myself.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Local Hero just reminds me of up here. Home. Would listen to it with my headphones on whenever I'd feel homesick at uni like a tragic tosser. 

That and The Dying Light by Sam Fender give the same vibe to myself.

I used to try and time the crescendo for when the train crosses the bridge, coming up from London. Got it right a couple of times. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I love Going Home/Local Hero but has the timing of it changed over the years? It starts later now, doesn't it? It used to play as players emerged but now that's the orchestral/choir piece, and Local Hero starts afterwards. Sometimes feels like everyone's waiting around for it to finish before the ref can blow his whistle. 

Could be talking shite. I'd bin the orchestral piece though.

Edit: orchestral piece, then PL music, then Local Hero. It's playing when the teams are shaking hands. Too late imo.

Yeah they play o fortuna which is really tacky imo

Agree, O Fortuna needs binning. As does that Zulu war drum chant version of Blaydon Races. And the PA guy, a bit of me dies every time he reads the teams out ahead of kick off and he says "Brunooooo".