General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

6 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Really touching. Small efforts, huge impacts. I like who we are at the moment. 

👍🏻 I think that’s the way forward Johnny.  As long as we’re growing it’ll come! They can’t keep us down :indi:

Seems like the workshops are an absolute waste of time. 

Fucking ridiculous that there has been no seat moves, further standing etc.

55 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Seems like the workshops are an absolute waste of time. 

Fucking ridiculous that there has been no seat moves, further standing etc.

Think its clear they're just lip service tbh.

2 and a half years in and I'm yet to see evidence of fan engagement being of paramount importance, which is what they claimed when they took over.

53 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think its clear they're just lip service tbh.

2 and a half years in and I'm yet to see evidence of fan engagement being of paramount importance, which is what they claimed when they took over.

The problem they have ultimately is a lot of the fans are either clueless or selfish. Engaging with them too much would probably leave the club making decisions that hamstring the club. 

Anyone who thinks we can compete at the top end within 5yrs without radically improving our revenue streams are in cloud cuckoo land.

What do we really want them to engage with us on short term? If the reality is a new ground is needed ready for 2028. Ticket sale policy perhaps and safe standing deployment 🤷🏼‍♂️ Everything else I’d imagine they’d keep in mind for construction of a new stadium to avoid ruffling too many feathers. Or they will start incorporating once season is over and the feasibility study is announced. 

They’ve announced ST prices today. NUST have sent a response today and it looks like Eales has responded same day. Not sure what more could be done?

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The problem they have ultimately is a lot of the fans are either clueless or selfish. Engaging with them too much would probably leave the club making decisions that hamstring the club. 

Anyone who thinks we can compete at the top end within 5yrs without radically improving our revenue streams are in cloud cuckoo land.

What do we really want them to engage with us on short term? If the reality is a new ground is needed ready for 2028. Ticket sale policy perhaps and safe standing deployment 🤷🏼‍♂️ Everything else I’d imagine they’d keep in mind for construction of a new stadium to avoid ruffling too many feathers. Or they will start incorporating once season is over and the feasibility study is announced. 

They’ve announced ST prices today. NUST have sent a response today and it looks like Eales has responded same day. Not sure what more could be done?

I agree. People like Greg (unsure if he's still at the Trust), Thomas from WF and the FSA I feel are great representatives for the fans. Many are whoppers, as seen by those justifying and arguing for price increases. 

Matchday revenue constituted as 11% of the club's accounts for 22/23. The club can improve the revenue streams without continually increasing ticket prices for fans season on season.

I meant this in regard to ticketing, not the stadium. Ticketing policy they changed this season without any word: it was within 3 weeks of the first league game of the season that memberships were belatedly put on sale for an increased price for less value. E-tickets introduced with no word. ID checks at away games that they brought in with next to no consultation from fans and have since been lambasted at away ticket workshops by fans yet remain. Price increases for tickets and STs with zero word to the Trust or the FAB that the club themselves set up.

Speak to the Trust beforehand to gauge fan opinion before pushing through changes maybe? Eales' response was a load of words without saying much at all. 

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

This. Few of them on here. 

I notice that the season ticket renewal  deadline is 20th May this year, rather than July as it was last year.

Wonder if this may be related to FFP.

Anyone renewing season ticket as a one off payment would be paying in May at the latest (as opposed to July last year), also for those spreading the cost it states first payment will be 5th June - it was 5th July last year.

I think the FFP period ends sometime in June?

Maybe they are trying to pull some of next seasons revenue into this FFP period?

Smart move if so, but may create a revenue reduction in the next 3 year period. 

5 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

I notice that the season ticket renewal  deadline is 20th May this year, rather than July as it was last year.

Wonder if this may be related to FFP.

Anyone renewing season ticket as a one off payment would be paying in May at the latest (as opposed to July last year), also for those spreading the cost it states first payment will be 5th June - it was 5th July last year.

I think the FFP period ends sometime in June?

Maybe they are trying to pull some of next seasons revenue into this FFP period?

Smart move if so, but may create a revenue reduction in the next 3 year period. 

So the DD payment scheme will be Jun - Jan next season?

Why shouldn't ticket prices go up? Revenue has to, doesn't it? 

Every single stream needs to be milked if you want to see NUFC win something, surely? 

I guess people were happier having 10 year frozen deals watching Ashleyball and now snapping up £10 shirts off of DHgate is ok? 

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

So the DD payment scheme will be Jun - Jan next season?

The website says first payment June 5th.

This season payments were July-Feb.

So yeah I agree June-Jan would be the scheme for next season - assuming they keep at as 8 payments.

Edited by Bally21

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I agree. People like Greg (unsure if he's still at the Trust), Thomas from WF and the FSA I feel are great representatives for the fans. Many are whoppers, as seen by those justifying and arguing for price increases. 

Matchday revenue constituted as 11% of the club's accounts for 22/23. The club can improve the revenue streams without continually increasing ticket prices for fans season on season.

I meant this in regard to ticketing, not the stadium. Ticketing policy they changed this season without any word: it was within 3 weeks of the first league game of the season that memberships were belatedly put on sale for an increased price for less value. E-tickets introduced with no word. ID checks at away games that they brought in with next to no consultation from fans and have since been lambasted at away ticket workshops by fans yet remain. Price increases for tickets and STs with zero word to the Trust or the FAB that the club themselves set up.

Speak to the Trust beforehand to gauge fan opinion before pushing through changes maybe? Eales' response was a load of words without saying much at all. 

Devils advocate…

They were always going to introduce digital tickets ASAP as it’s a way of collecting data of how many people turn up early and how much they spend etc. You were given the option not to have a digital ticket if you didn’t want one.

The value of the memberships can be debated until the cows come home. Those who’ve bagged anything more than 4 home tickets should see it great value. Those who bagged 4 tickets fair value. Those who have bagged 3 or less not good value (based on applying for every home game this season).

ID checks for away games was the solution from a debate from a fans meeting saying current system was unfair. It’s 50/50 at best again for those who prefer this and those who don’t. I’d stick my neck out and say more people are actually happier with it as it’s giving more people a chance. Ultimately transferring away tickets has never been allowed legally.

Those mainly lambasting are part of a coach travel/ticket operation that’s been in place for decades with some fans having access to 30+ STs and really the only ones the club is looking to ID check.

The NUST is only the voice of 10-12k fans. We’ve 35k ST holders approx and 90k members approx so even dialogue with them isn’t really equivocal consensus.

5 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Why shouldn't ticket prices go up? Revenue has to, doesn't it? 

Every single stream needs to be milked if you want to see NUFC win something, surely? 

I guess people were happier having 10 year frozen deals watching Ashleyball and now snapping up £10 shirts off of DHgate is ok? 

Read this article.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Read this article.

yeap, the PL was a ridiculous income compared to other leagues and we still see ridiculous losses across the whole league.

Said it before, but the sooner it all goes bust the better.

17 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

yeap, the PL was a ridiculous income compared to other leagues and we still see ridiculous losses across the whole league.

Said it before, but the sooner it all goes bust the better.

Agree… but let’s win one trophy first 👍🏻🤣

9 hours ago, arnonel said:

Apologies if giggs

It was a real fun weekend for sure. 

Bummed I didn’t meet Monty though! I only met the Fulham badger dude at a Fulham event. :lol: