General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Quick question:

I've just booked tickets for the match tomorrow night; it'll be a lot easier if I get wor lass to collect them as I don't finish work til about 6.30. If she has my card and/or confirmation email handy, will they be able to give her the tickets even though it's not her name on them?

Cheers.

Trying to put together a 'best individual performance NUFC XI'. No reason. So far I've thought of...

GK - Krul (away to Spurs 13/14...honourable mention to Given v Sunderland in the Dabizas 1-0 and Krul v Palermo)

RB -

LB - Enrique (away to Blackburn 10/11 season)

CB - Woodgate (home to Chelsea 02/03 season)

CB - Coloccini (away to Sunderland 12/13 season)

RW - Gillespie (home to Barcelona 97/98 season)

LW - Robert (home to Spurs 03/04 season)

CM - Tiote (away to Everton 10/11 season)

CM - Green (away to Man Utd 71/72 season...I have to otherwise my dad would disown me and he's shown me his shady copy of ITV's The Big Match umpteen times when he's p*ssed and it's hard to disagree)

CF - Shearer (home to Spurs 96/97...picking this one because it was pretty much the last we saw of 'peak Shearer')

CF - Asprilla (home to Barcelona 97/98)

Ben Arfa? I'm shite at remembering games, but he had a few when he completely took the piss.

Trying to put together a 'best individual performance NUFC XI'. No reason. So far I've thought of...

GK - Krul (away to Spurs 13/14...honourable mention to Given v Sunderland in the Dabizas 1-0 and Krul v Palermo)

RB -

LB - Enrique (away to Blackburn 10/11 season)

CB - Woodgate (home to Chelsea 02/03 season)

CB - Coloccini (away to Sunderland 12/13 season)

RW - Gillespie (home to Barcelona 97/98 season)

LW - Robert (home to Spurs 03/04 season)

CM - Tiote (away to Everton 10/11 season)

CM - Green (away to Man Utd 71/72 season...I have to otherwise my dad would disown me and he's shown me his shady copy of ITV's The Big Match umpteen times when he's p*ssed and it's hard to disagree)

CF - Shearer (home to Spurs 96/97...picking this one because it was pretty much the last we saw of 'peak Shearer')

CF - Asprilla (home to Barcelona 97/98)

Ben Arfa? I'm s**** at remembering games, but he had a few when he completely took the p*ss.

Stoke at home in 13/14 when they had 9 men.

Guest firetotheworks

Ben Arfa's best performance by a mile was West Brom away imo. He was also very good vs Villa away, Swansea away, Stoke at home x2.

Ben Arfa's best performance by a mile was West Brom away imo. He was also very good vs Villa away, Swansea away, Stoke at home x2.

I'd say his debut was his best as good as he was against WBA.

Quick question:

I've just booked tickets for the match tomorrow night; it'll be a lot easier if I get wor lass to collect them as I don't finish work til about 6.30. If she has my card and/or confirmation email handy, will they be able to give her the tickets even though it's not her name on them?

Cheers.

Aye she'll get them if she's got the card used to buy them.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd say his debut was his best as good as he was against WBA.

Aye, you can definitely argue the case for that. I remember being in complete awe of him in that match actually. I hadn't seen anything like that for us in years.

Alternative best individual performances XI... from players that generally were average-to-poor/forgettable for the rest of their NUFC career.

GK - Jon Karelse, Arsenal (a) in 1999/2000: Kept a clean sheet (he only made like 2 saves) and didn't fuck anything up for once.

RB -

CB - James Perch, Liverpool (h) in 2011/12: Kept Suarez in his pocket for the whole game and got Reina sent off, leading to Enrique in goal.

CB -

LB - Wayne Quinn, Lokeren (a) in 2001/02: Only went and scored, didn't he!

RW -

CM - Clarence Acuna, Spurs (a) in 2001/02: Bagged a header and managed to run the midfield despite playing alongside Jamie McClen for the entire match.

CM - Scott Parker, Arsenal (h) in 2005/06: Battled superbly in the centre of the park, took a fist to the face from Jens Lehmann, subbed after making a half-dazed tackle with his head after 70-odd minutes.

LW -

CF - Mark Viduka, West Ham (h) in 2007/09: Scored one beauty and one tap in, and made me think he was going to be class for us under Fat Sam. :lol:

CF - Shola Ameobi, Sunderland (h) in 2010/11: Knocked in a pair of goals and absolutely dominated the mackem defenders all day long.

Very much a work in progress ofc. Suggestions welcome

Quick question:

Cheers.

Aye she'll get them if she's got the card used to buy them.

:thup: cheers

Guest neesy111

Alternative best individual performances XI... from players that generally were average-to-poor/forgettable for the rest of their NUFC career.

GK - Jon Karelse, Arsenal (a) in 1999/2000: Kept a clean sheet (he only made like 2 saves) and didn't fuck anything up for once.

RB -

CB - James Perch, Liverpool (h) in 2011/12: Kept Suarez in his pocket for the whole game and got Reina sent off, leading to Enrique in goal.

CB -

RW -

CM - Clarence Acuna, Spurs (a) in 2001/02: Bagged a header and managed to run the midfield despite playing alongside Jamie McClen for the entire match.

CM - Scott Parker, Arsenal (h) in 2005/06: Battled superbly in the centre of the park, took a fist to the face from Jens Lehmann, subbed after making a half-dazed tackle with his head after 70-odd minutes.

LW -

CF - Mark Viduka, West Ham (h) in 2007/09: Scored one beauty and one tap in, and made me think he was going to be class for us under Fat Sam. :lol:

CF - Shola Ameobi, Sunderland (h) in 2010/11: Knocked in a pair of goals and absolutely dominated the mackem defenders all day long.

CM - Mark Kerr vs Arsenal FA Cup 2002

Guest firetotheworks

Can't believe no one's mentioned Edgar Vs Ronaldo, that's the epitome of it. Nothing player who had one of the greatest players of all time in his back pocket.

Alex Mathie vs Sheff Wed

GK - Jon Karelse, Arsenal (a) in 1999/2000: Kept a clean sheet (he only made like 2 saves) and didn't f*** anything up for once.

RB -

CB -

RW -

LW -

GK - Jon Karelse, Arsenal (a) in 1999/2000: Kept a clean sheet (he only made like 2 saves) and didn't f*** anything up for once.

RB -

CB -

RW -

LW -

Do you mean Brian Kerr?

Guest neesy111

RB -

CB -

RW -

LW -

RB -

CB -

RW -

LW -

Do you mean Brian Kerr?

Yes, I'm thinking of the FM legend.