General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

Out of our 46 league matches this season, we only had 18 Saturday 3pm kick offs.

Such a pain in the arse getting time off work and organising travel in this league.

I suspect we won't have many 3pm's next season as well.

Out of our 46 league matches this season, we only had 18 Saturday 3pm kick offs.

Such a pain in the arse getting time off work and organising travel in this league.

In comparison, West Ham have had 18 of their 38 games as Saturday 3pm kick offs. 8 games less, but same number as 3pm kick offs.

30 of their 38 games have been on a Saturday or Sunday. Whereas only 26 out of our 46 games have been.

It's the midweek and constant Monday/Friday games that have been an issue this season.

Guest neesy111

In comparison, West Ham have had 18 of their 38 games as Saturday 3pm kick offs. 8 games less, but same number as 3pm kick offs.

30 of their 38 games have been on a Saturday or Sunday. Whereas only 26 out of our 46 games have been.

It's the midweek and constant Monday/Friday games that have been an issue this season.

Guessing it depends on many factors.

Didn't we in 14/15 only have 1 home 3pm in 5 months.

Highest second tier crowds

1. Newcastle United 1948/9: 56,299

2. Spurs 1963/4: 54,111

3. Newcastle United 2016/17: 51,108

4. Manchester United 1974/5: 48,389

5. Everton 1953/4: 44,493

6. Newcastle United 2009/10: 43,388

7. Aston Villa 1937/8: 41,950

8. Sunderland 1963/4: 41,258

9. Manchester City 1946/7: 39,283

10. Liverpool 1961/2: 39,237

Attendances via european-football-statistics.co.uk

Follow @ChronicleLive

I have to give a presentation tomorrow to my wider team about success, there may be a little slide of Rafa holding up the Championship trophy in there. Head of dept is a mackem.

Any of the regular away day fans not tempted to sack Spurs away off next season? Not sure I'd fancy the first trip following Newcastle at Wembley being a bog standard league game outnumbered heavily, rather than when there's 30-35k there for a Semi Final or Final. Just going to feel underwhelming.

Any of the regular away day fans not tempted to sack Spurs away off next season? Not sure I'd fancy the first trip following Newcastle at Wembley being a bog standard league game outnumbered heavily, rather than when there's 30-35k there for a Semi Final or Final. Just going to feel underwhelming.

Yep - it had crossed my mind but it's ridiculously popular with all my lot so I think I'll be going!

Just got to hope for Spurs away in the second half of the season, after the league cup final :snod:

Discussing this just the other day. I'm in agreement with you that being at Wembley for a league won't be the same. I'm not even sure i'd be too keen on a semi-final there, although we'd have the numbers then (more so than a final probably) so i'd probably give in.

Wembley lost that "sacred" feel years ago when all the Semi Finals started getting played there. Going there for a league game and not a cup final, or semi final, or play off final etc doesn't bother me in the slightest tbh. It's still Wembley stadium, it's just been transformed completely since we were last there.

Know what you mean, but will 100% still be going.

Thought it was class when I went with the Heed, will be great to experience it with a proper atmosphere (from our lot at least).

Guest neesy111

The new Wembley is absolutely shite anyway. Better than old (not difficult) but still shite.

It still baffles me how they can spend so much on a new national stadium and for it to be as shite as it is.

Has there been any indication of the allocation away fans will get at Wembley? 90000 capacity but I imagine the full stadium may not be open as can't see Spurs getting 90000 every week, but you'd hope the allocation would be at least 5000 which would be decent

What's shite about it?

Too big, front rows are miles from the pitch, lower bowl seating is too shallow, atmosphere doesn't stay in the ground.

It's very much a multi-purpose stadium, not a football ground.

Guest neesy111

What's shite about it?

What's shite about it?

Too big, front rows are miles from the pitch, lower bowl seating is too shallow, atmosphere doesn't stay in the ground.

It's very much a multi-purpose stadium, not a football ground.

Spot on.  Also the surrounding area is a fucking dump.

Get 40,000 Newcastle fans in there for a cup final and the atmosphere will stay in the ground.

Thought it was quality myself, still get the goosebumps going down Wembley way.

The noise when Rob Lee scored against Chelsea, man.

That's the loudest I've ever heard us.