General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

As if that f***ing muppet was allowed to manage us almost half a season, what an absolute joke. Sixteen Premier League matches.

zfvjcz2.jpg

'Better the devil you know!'

Had totally forgot it was that bad, incredible he saw the season out

Watching that John Carver interview, man :anguish:

I think I had wiped so much of that from my memory, or I just didn't give a shit about the club at the time and paid no attention.  I had forgotten how bad he came across and also how awful the results were!

Guest firetotheworks

No one was as bad as Carver in terms of results and football, like. :lol: Pardew ran him pretty close, but Carver was another level of shit albeit for a thankfully much shorter time.

I mean, don't get me wrong.  Players working hard and wanting to play for the club is massive for fans.  As we have seen under Rafa. But the way Carver goes on there, FFS.  Could you get any more clichéd?  I mean, I want players to graft and put a shift in.  But a bit of quality and skill would also be nice. 

The fact that he singled out Colback, probably just because he's from the North East, is absolutely shocking.  He always has been one of the worst offenders for hiding on the pitch and he regularly just decides to pull players back or give away a pointless foul, instead of actually busting a gut to track or get back to defend.

F365:

Newcastle United supporters

There were two interviews this week of people who should know better about Newcastle United and their fans. Firstly, former Crystal Palace chairman and now part-time Twitter rent-a-gob Simon Jordan (if someone has the word ‘opinion’ in their Twitter handle, be very afraid) said that Newcastle supporters never took to Mike Ashley because he was a southerner. Then former Newcastle player Kieron Dyer claimed that supporters believe Newcastle are a Champions League team.

Both are myths. Newcastle supporters initially backed Ashley after his takeover, and he even stood in the way end on numerous occasions. Things only went sour after Ashley starved the club of investment, made a series of ludicrous staff appointments and changed the name of the stadium for cheap advertising for his own company. Newcastle supporters seemed to do okay with southerners Rob Lee and Les Ferdinand.

Newcastle fans don’t expect to be in the Champions League, or even expect to be in the top half of the Premier League. What they expect is an owner who is prepared to channel the unique goodwill their club creates in its city, delegate responsibility to experts in their fields and therefore give the team the best chance of achieving sustainable progress. If that brings high league finishes and cup success, then more fool the owner who didn’t operate by those simple rules.

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-76

The rhetoric around us definitely seems to be changing/improving. It's taken a good while like, but more of the media seem to be defending us against the laughable, lazy allegations that we demand the fucking world on a stick.

You're always going to get massive twats like Simon Jordan running their mouths off, and it's obviously beneath him to do some actual research so he chooses to spout any old shit instead. He's a grade A, know-nothing rent-a-cunt. I can't imagine there are a lot of people in the football industry that actually take him seriously. Unfortunately we live in a clickbait world so people like him are good for ratings.

F365:

Newcastle United supporters

There were two interviews this week of people who should know better about Newcastle United and their fans. Firstly, former Crystal Palace chairman and now part-time Twitter rent-a-gob Simon Jordan (if someone has the word ‘opinion’ in their Twitter handle, be very afraid) said that Newcastle supporters never took to Mike Ashley because he was a southerner. Then former Newcastle player Kieron Dyer claimed that supporters believe Newcastle are a Champions League team.

Both are myths. Newcastle supporters initially backed Ashley after his takeover, and he even stood in the way end on numerous occasions. Things only went sour after Ashley starved the club of investment, made a series of ludicrous staff appointments and changed the name of the stadium for cheap advertising for his own company. Newcastle supporters seemed to do okay with southerners Rob Lee and Les Ferdinand.

Newcastle fans don’t expect to be in the Champions League, or even expect to be in the top half of the Premier League. What they expect is an owner who is prepared to channel the unique goodwill their club creates in its city, delegate responsibility to experts in their fields and therefore give the team the best chance of achieving sustainable progress. If that brings high league finishes and cup success, then more fool the owner who didn’t operate by those simple rules.

http://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-76

:thup: Brilliantly put.

F365 is such a breath of fresh air compared to practically everything else.

Guest firetotheworks

Oh aye, the great Footbal365. The go to place for everyone to read football stories made up by other media outlets.