Dan Ashworth (now working for Manchester United)

Rich

Just now, Froggy said:

It absolutely has. Something else that needs addressed and seems like it already has been based on how the Branthwaite deal went.

Technically wouldn't De Ligt be very similar to your recent signings problems. Targeting a big name, presumably paying him big money as he's stepping down from the Champions League. Also, signing a former Ten Hag player which seems rather unimaginative as far as scouting goes.

8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Didn't Ratcliffe invest more in us in his first month than Ashley did in 14 years at Newcastle? I know everyone is trying to compare the two with the desperate hope we'll get worse, but they aren't comparable.

If we have nearly double the staff of our rivals, surely that's something that needs looked at? Or does nobody want to admit that's what good business owners do?

We were rock bottom in terms on infrastructure spending. I remember the refs changing room was dilapidated at one point. The stonework on the ground was also left to decay, and rather than maintain, he just had it all painted black. His net contribution was probably negative overall, as our commercial income remained almost static (plunging in inflationary terms) under his ownership, whereas everyone elses doubles or trebled. Instead, he plastered our ground with Sports Direct signage which didn't bring the club a penny.

Edited by Turnbull2000

1 minute ago, gdm said:

lowball offers, move on to next target

You're talking about Brainthwaite, which has now been confirmed to be £35m+10m in add ons. That's not a lowball offer for someone who's played one season IMO and certainly not an offer not worth of negotiation. Move on to De Ligt. I see nothing wrong.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

try to get a player on the cheap from nice coz he part owns them

Why wouldn't we? :lol: Look at Savio and Man City? £60-70m player and they're signing him for £26m from a City owned club. You're kidding yourself if you think PIF wouldn't do the same thing.

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

stops staff working from home

Not the best thing for staff but a very common request from many business owners. Even my own employer wants us in the office all the time but they made the mistake of putting hybrid working in our contracts or they'd have forced us all back in.

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

repeatedly goes on tv and embarrasses himself with lies and outrageous comments about the ‘big 6’

Agreed. He needs to be quiet in public interviews.

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

begging his government pals for tax payers money to build a new stadium and surrounding areas. 

If he thinks he can make it happen, why wouldn't he? 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

If all this was done by the Glazers and not the shiney new Ineos you’d be getting the green & yellow scarf back out and you know it 

Ratcliffe has investment more in the club in his first day than the Glazer's have their whole time here. The Glazer's taking a breath is met with anger, and the green and gold movement never went away.

8 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

We were rock bottom in terms on infrastructure spending. I remember the refs changing room was dilapidated at one point. The stonework on the ground was also left to decay, and rather than maintain, he just had it all painted black. His net contribution was probably negative overall, as our commercial income remained almost static (plunging in inflationary terms) under his ownership, whereas everyone elses doubles or trebled. Instead, he plastered our ground with Sports Direct signage which didn't bring the club a penny.

Exactly, so he's not comparable at all to Ratcliffe is he. This is my point. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Technically wouldn't De Ligt be very similar to your recent signings problems. Targeting a big name, presumably paying him big money as he's stepping down from the Champions League. Also, signing a former Ten Hag player which seems rather unimaginative as far as scouting goes.

He's reducing his salary as he wants to come to us. Good fee, good wages, good player. In a position we desperately need someone. There's zero negatives about the transfer. Just hope we can reach an acceptable payment structure with Bayern.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

You're talking about Brainthwaite, which has now been confirmed to be £35m+10m in add ons. That's not a lowball offer for someone who's played one season IMO

If he was your top target the club obviously value him quite highly and by all accounts he’s been superb this season and future England centre half 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Not the best thing for staff but a very common request from many business owners. Even my own employer wants us in the office all the time but they made the mistake of putting hybrid working in our contracts or they'd have forced us all back in.

All well and good but when you read in to it the club used the working space for hospitality. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If he thinks he can make it happen, why wouldn't he? 

It should and will never happen. Apparent biggest club in the world begging for government tax. 

As much as I hate the Mancs and think that Ratcliffe will fall on his face when he keeps making obnoxious public statements and begins to alienate internally as well as externally once the 'not the Glazers' schtick wears off, I would hazard a guess that their entire staff has been run in a similar manner to the squad, with slap dash recruitment, not shifting legacy workers when new hires are brought in and plenty of dead wood. It's not great being made redundant in the current marketplace, but from a business and club management perspective this probably isn't the most stupid thing to do, and it's not like Ashley who cut us back to the barest of bones, this is getting rid of excess fat. 

Based on how badly they’ve been run for the last few years, I’m surprised it’s only a quarter :lol:.

Predictably, he’s coming across as a massive dick but I’m hesitant to throw shade until we see what the results will be. Really sucks for the staff there but something had to change as they’re clearly operationally underperforming.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

If he was your top target the club obviously value him quite highly and by all accounts he’s been superb this season and future England centre half 

All well and good but when you read in to it the club used the working space for hospitality. 

It should and will never happen. Apparent biggest club in the world begging for government tax. 

Kieran Maguire hates Ratcliffe almost as much as Disco hates Thomas Frank. :lol:

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’s not wrong tho 

Well he is since the cuts are from London offices. He's saying Mancunians for effect. His agenda against Ratcliffe is fairly annoying when his financial reporting is top class.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I was actually thinking the exact opposite that it's a cunts move for very little gain :lol:

It's £7.5m a year if you give a conservative average salary of £30k, which given that the offices are mostly London based, will be way off.

If the staff are indeed surplus to requirements, it's a huge sum to be paying out needlessly. I've seen passengers in a workforce when the team was less than 20, never mind 1100 strong.

It just irks me real bad when big wealthy companies want to make people redundant. If it's done through not hiring new people and letting the work force naturally reduce itself due to people retiring, quitting for other opportunities or offering lucrative voluntary severance packages then fine, but sacking people who may not want to quit because they enjoy it there and/or have to make massive changes to their way of life as a result...nah. Fuck him to hell.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

It's £7.5m a year if you give a conservative average salary of £30k, which given that the offices are mostly London based, will be way off.

If the staff are indeed surplus to requirements, it's a huge sum to be paying out needlessly. I've seen passengers in a workforce when the team was less than 20, never mind 1100 strong.

I used an average annual wage of 50k as an estimate which would basically cover a player on 240k a week which is ca. 1 more Martial in the squad.

3 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Froggy the Tory

It's just how business works, and football clubs are businesses like any other.

If we have double the staff of clubs of a similar stature, I'd argue that's a problem that needs addressed.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Exactly, so he's not comparable at all to Ratcliffe is he. This is my point. :lol: 

He's reducing his salary as he wants to come to us. Good fee, good wages, good player. In a position we desperately need someone. There's zero negatives about the transfer. Just hope we can reach an acceptable payment structure with Bayern.

He's actually doubling his salary as he doesn't want to join you at all.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's just how business works, and football clubs are businesses like any other.

If we have double the staff of clubs of a similar stature, I'd argue that's a problem that needs addressed.

Football clubs are not businesses like any other. Hence PSR, FMV ETC

1 minute ago, madras said:

Football clubs are not businesses like any other. Hence PSR, FMV ETC

If you're using PSR to try and differentiate, then streamlining operations and cost cutting makes even more sense for a football club than a regular business.

3 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

He's actually doubling his salary as he doesn't want to join you at all.

You're thinking of De Jong. Bit racist.