Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

3 minutes ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

It may be in the contract but it comes down to 'reasonableness' - on average reasonableness is about 6 months. If he made NUFC aware of his intent to leave in January. by June he could be free to go. Any compensation owed will also be  limited by time passed and gardening leave conditions / reasonableness. If CAS say 2 years is too much, maybe its a year, he will have already served a number of months and we might have 4 or 5 months of finances owed then, to which out 20m is pointless. So we could lose out on all our bargaining positions for a few mil.

On Ashworths part it isnt great, but it's a job end of the day. He got the chance to go to a bigger club at a great time where he isnt financially hamstrung. Without fandom most of us do it, its business sadly and MUFC have a strong position when we look at it that way

also - From manchester so United is a given sadly :(

Sorry, that is just wrong. Six months is the average gardening leave term, but the term is agreed as part of the employment contract. It isn't just something you can stomp your feet about, claim is unfair, then leave early.

Reading your posts, I'm not even convinced you are a Newcastle fan to be honest [emoji38]

Just now, Froggy said:

Aye Omar Berrada and Jason Wilcox don't have a clue what they're at. ;)

We'll see man.

Chelsea got in a lot of people that were highly qualified, but the man at the top was a buffoon and we saw how that all transpired.

Summer soon come.

14 minutes ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

Yes, they do

Like fuck, Employment Tribunals give legally binding rulings on employment not some quasi sporting body.

Edited by FloydianMag

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Aye Omar Berrada and Jason Wilcox don't have a clue what they're at. ;)

Without Ashworth there to facilitate, those guys will be out of control and directionless.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Without Ashworth there to facilitate, those guys will be out of control and directionless.

:lol: I would sure hope not, given that Berrada will be Ashworth's boss.

Just now, Froggy said:

How do you see the Ashworth saga playing out Froggy? An agreement before the summer window for ~10mill or so? 

He's probably done a good job overall, but I'll always remember him as the bloke who spoke about the importance regarding due diligence in recruitment, then he went to Milan and signed Tonali :lol:

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

How do you see the Ashworth saga playing out Froggy? An agreement before the summer window for ~10mill or so? 

No I don't think it'll be done before the window. While some people might try and crticise him now as he's leaving, the fact is he's considered as one of the best or the best in his role. I think Newcastle would be mental to let him leave now and be able to work through the summer with Wilcox and Berrada. The next window is absolutely huge for both clubs IMO. 

Just a friendly reminder that @Froggygloated and mocked with his trademark emoji, when we paid £60 million for Isak. Citing an inability to score goals.

While at the same time celebrating the £60 million purchase of a Brazilian relic whose legs have expired within a year and who will now already need replacing.

More comedy moments to come this summer. Watch this space.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Just a friendly reminder that @Froggygloated and mocked with his trademark emoji, when we paid £60 million for Isak. Citing an inability to score goals.

While at the same time celebrating the £60 million purchase of a Brazilian relic whose legs have expired within a year and who will now already need replacing.

More comedy moments to come this summer. Watch this space.

I didn't gloat. I said it was a huge fee for someone who scored 1 in 3 in La Liga. It was a huge fee. I stand by everything I said. Friendly reminder Martial had more goals and assists per 90 than Isak last season. Isak is clearly talented, but he's only managed to make the pitch for 50% of your minutes this season. Lets calm it down a little before acting like £65m was some sort of magic bargain. 

Also, Casemiro was one of the most important players in getting us back into the Champions League and winning our first trophy in years. It was hardly a laughable signing. :lol:

1 minute ago, OCK said:

I recall everyone laughed at Casemiro signing. Even Casemiro.

He can win his 10th final in a row next month then sail off into the sunset with PIF's money in the summer.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I didn't gloat. I said it was a huge fee for someone who scored 1 in 3 in La Liga. It was a huge fee. I stand by everything I said. Friendly reminder Martial had more goals and assists per 90 than Isak last season. Isak is clearly talented, but he's only managed to make the pitch for 50% of your minutes this season. Lets calm it down a little before acting like £65m was some sort of magic bargain. 

Also, Casemiro was one of the most important players in getting us back into the Champions League and winning our first trophy in years. It was hardly a laughable signing. :lol:

;D ;D ;D

You can have your Carabao and busted flush Brazilian who the Coventry boys were skipping past for fun. I'll have Isak thanks.

What's especially funny about your proclamations about Isak, is that you then spent even more on Hojlund who has been more injured and had an even lesser goal record prior to signing for you. 

Hold that L man.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He’ll just be a spoke in Ashworth’s wheel. Imagine a wheel with loads of spokes and no middle bit. That’s what you have.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

;D ;D ;D

You can have your Carabao and busted flush Brazilian who the Coventry boys were skipping past for fun. I'll have Isak thanks.

What's especially funny about your proclamations about Isak, is that you then spent even more on Hojlund who has been more injured and had an even lesser goal record prior to signing for you. 

Hold that L man.

Hojlund is 3 years younger and already has more goals in his first season than Isak did.

Hold that L for sure man.

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

He’ll just be a spoke in Ashworth’s wheel. Imagine a wheel with loads of spokes and no middle bit. That’s what you have.

:lol: I enjoyed this.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Hojlund is 3 years younger and already has more goals in his first season than Isak did.

Hold that L for sure man.

Oh man, the cope is real.

Unfortunately for you, getting older doesn't automatically mean improvement, especially at your club. Ask Martial.

Our strikers value has already doubled and even your fans are all over the place gagging for him, along with everyone else.

We'll soon see the mess you'll make of Hojlund, who you won't get your money back for right now. He's already looking worse each week from how he started.

You are in the mud.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

Let me lay a few points out that we need to consider and how it benefits us by doing a deal

• If united are smart (and they will be) they'll have applied to CAS and they will probably get their way
  • A CAS hearing could be expedited and he be in place before the end of this window
  • If we go to CAS and do not win, we have a precedent against us
  • There is a significant chance we get much less than we want
  • It may well void a number of terms we currently have
  • We may actually end up losing out on what we could get and damage our own FFP
  • We may not be able to hire an individual in place of DA whilst hes here
  • If we deal we can delay a start date
  • We can also implement terms on players that can & cannot be recruited as part of an expedited agreement
  • We can protect information and hire a replacement quicker
  • We can insert terms regarding any staff or other individuals that MUFC may wish to get from us
  • We have the ability to control the situation going forward

All of this so United potentially wait a few months is damaging

'United', FFS man, please stop typing that.