Dan Ashworth (now working for Manchester United)

Rich

24 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

If we were (as was seemingly the case) £40m+ behind on PSR and Man U were offering £2m for Ashworth, accepting that rather than holding out for nearer £20m wouldn't seem sensible. That to me is a very sensible game of "chicken" given how little £2m would help us and how greatly £20m would help.

For £2m we might as well not bother as it's not going to move the needle on what we need to achieve.

Not sure what you are arguing, as that was my point too. The compensation was sorted after the PSR date meaning it didnt feature in our decsion making. If it had been a feature of our decision-making the only option to make it count for us woulld have been to push the date the compensation was paid forwards. They didnt, therefore its an irrelevance. Man U apparently have decided when it was paid. As we didnt push for anything to be done quicker then PSR was not part of the decision-making. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

How are we going to rapidly increase revenues from here?

How are we going to increase our revenues by £75-£100m per season in the next 3 years? That's what we'll need to do to continue to spend and not sell players.

To increase revenues, I think we need to build a new super stadium on Castle Leazes. Repeating an old discussion, but perhaps the events of the last 24 hours will allow the naysayers to realise we cannot compete without it, unless our mode operatum is simply player trading, specifically selling.

This is the longer term solution as won’t be done in 3 years.

Edited by Pablo

21 minutes ago, Adam P said:

The compensation was sorted after the PSR date meaning it didnt feature in our decsion making.

Was it? Getting the impression we did it to shoehorn it into the FY23/24 number.

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Was it? Getting the impression we did it to shoehorn it into the FY23/24 number.

What's the betting it's done so man utd can put it in this year stopping them going over but cos they are involved we are allowed to get it in last year. Not at all crooked but I refuse to believe they weren't fucked and had to wait

Just now, Nucasol said:

In which case my mistake, i thought Froggy said they waited until after the date before deciding to pay us. However, that does mean we were likely paid 2m (their position) meaning we were at risk of being 70m over spent on PSR and we couldnt quite get 70m together for Anderson and Minteh, meaning we called the mancs and said 'aye ok give us that 2m then'. 

I personally find that too absurd to even consider as plausible but what do i know.

Anything over £10M would be pretty incredible considering.

We'll find out the actual fee paid at some point but I'd be surprised if it was anytime soon, Man Utd will want to keep it quiet if they've forked out more than that knobhead said they ever would. 

Bad timing by Ashworth, his runner beans, potatoes and raspberries are ready to harvest.And it was also a time for planning ahead - now is the time to sow winter crops, including potatoes for Christmas,Its so thoughless of him to now leave his Allotment for a new project, But he is well known for not completing a job,

Edited by GeordieToon

Newcastle United and Manchester United have reached an agreement for the immediate release of Dan Ashworth from his contractual obligations at Newcastle United.

The terms of this agreement will remain confidential between the clubs. 

Newcastle United thanks Dan for his service and wishes him well for the future.

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Newcastle United and Manchester United have reached an agreement for the immediate release of Dan Ashworth from his contractual obligations at Newcastle United.

The terms of this agreement will remain confidential between the clubs. 

Newcastle United thanks Dan for his service and wishes him well for the future.

Shouldn’t have even thanked him