Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

5 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Seriously considering triple captaining Solanke this weekend. Is that mad?

No. Great choice.

I've an outside chance of winning the NO league.

Last couple of years I've finished 5-10 in the league. Finishing top 3 would be brilliant.

I'm completely lost as to what to do? Only have 3/4 players for GW29 so need to play a chip but really want to keep the free hit for the bigger double gameweeks later in the season. 

Seriously contemplating playing my wildcard this week dealing with double gameweek 28 and also navigating the blank gameweek 29!

They guy who is top in the NO league is in 2720 overall, that is some effort.

1 hour ago, Magpie said:

I'm completely lost as to what to do? Only have 3/4 players for GW29 so need to play a chip but really want to keep the free hit for the bigger double gameweeks later in the season. 

Seriously contemplating playing my wildcard this week dealing with double gameweek 28 and also navigating the blank gameweek 29!

The decision you make this week will define your season, I'm in another league where the guy looks like he has to free hit next week and I want to play through, but it means I load up on Luton this week and he likely loads up on Bournemouth. Teams will diverge massively this week as strategies take everyone away from the standard picks.

I'm really considering a -4 to take Haaland out for Morris.

30 minutes ago, TRC said:

They guy who is top in the NO league is in 2720 overall, that is some effort.

The decision you make this week will define your season, I'm in another league where the guy looks like he has to free hit next week and I want to play through, but it means I load up on Luton this week and he likely loads up on Bournemouth. Teams will diverge massively this week as strategies take everyone away from the standard picks.

I'm really considering a -4 to take Haaland out for Morris.

Well this is my quandary as the two league I'm playing in for money I've made big strides, top in one and second in the other. 

My thinking is I don't really need to keep hold of Haaland or bring Salah in as they're playing each other and then blanking. Plus everyone is surely captaining Solanke. 

Essentially I'm just of the opinion burning my FH on BGW29 will be a bit of a waste!

Im going for it like, shit or bust 🤣

4 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Well this is my quandary as the two league I'm playing in for money I've made big strides, top in one and second in the other. 

My thinking is I don't really need to keep hold of Haaland or bring Salah in as they're playing each other and then blanking. Plus everyone is surely captaining Solanke. 

Essentially I'm just of the opinion burning my FH on BGW29 will be a bit of a waste!

Im going for it like, shit or bust 🤣

I'm 90% going Ake, Foden, Haaland to Doughty, Son, Morris. Seems like a terrible idea, but I want to see who is fit for Liverpool, if they put a makeshift team out I really dont know.

I'm half hoping Solanke picks up a knock this week so I can take him out.

My first season on Fpl  and in this league - my son got me into it as they were short in mini league. Been  beating him most of the season until last 3 weeks and he got ahead.

Not knowing the game I panicked & used my 1st WC in w3 after a 27pt fail in w2 and then did same using 2nd WC in w21 after another 27pt in w20. 

I've gone for Morris cos I cant afford more +4s and he's a good 3rd forward. Going to have to go with 6 players next week and try to sort it out for the double game weeks ahead.

On the upside - I got my first 100 pointer last week !

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Liverpool's defence aren't that good. I'm not convinced it's best to sell Haaland. He could easily bag a brace.

Likely to sell him though. But I'm not convinced.

Second best defence in the league and best defence at home in the league and undefeated at home.

6 minutes ago, TRC said:

Second best defence in the league and best defence at home in the league and undefeated at home.

Their XGa is 3rd. Which is still excellent. They tend to leave a lot of space in behind and the GKs often bail them out or players get intimidated.

I can see a Haaland brace.

But I don't want him against Arsenal for sure. I can just see a Morris 4 pointer coming up.

Edit: I take that back, Morris has 5 in his last 7.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Their XGa is 3rd. Which is still excellent. They tend to leave a lot of space in behind and the GKs often bail them out or players get intimidated.

I can see a Haaland brace.

But I don't want him against Arsenal for sure. I can just see a Morris 4 pointer coming up.

Edit: I take that back, Morris has 5 in his last 7.

Yeah, its a super tough call. I would be going Morris for a -4 for palace/bournemouth/spurs away and forest at home vs liverpool away arsenal at home for Haaland.

Palace without their best defender, Bournemouth without theirs.

I'm relying on Porro being back for 29, if not im gonna have to pull the trigger on a freehit in 29 as I'll have 4 players with 3 transfers to make.

Great time of the season though, when everyone's teams are completely threw up in the air. One of the reasons why I'm willing to take a bit of a risk.

Just now, Beren said:

Is there any reason/strategy not to use the free hit on GW29?

If you could field a team of maybe 6/7+ players? Even with a hit or two 

Just now, Magpie said:

If you could field a team of maybe 6/7+ players? Even with a hit or two 

Whick week could the FH be better utilised on?

3 minutes ago, Beren said:

Whick week could the FH be better utilised on?

A double game week would have a higher upside. I'm not that keen on using it on players from 8 teams that are mostly shit, where I don't have much faith in any of them returning much. 

3 hours ago, Beren said:

Is there any reason/strategy not to use the free hit on GW29?

I am saving mine for future DGW - am planning on taking upto a -12. But my rank is pants so what do I know ha

15 hours ago, Interpolic said:

A double game week would have a higher upside. I'm not that keen on using it on players from 8 teams that are mostly shit, where I don't have much faith in any of them returning much. 

Agreed.

But there is an upside to 29.A freehit would beat the non-free hitters by 12-30 points considering a lot will be taking hits.

The doubles in 34 and 37 have mostly better teams, so you would want those picks anyway. 

If you don't free hit. You're probably taking -4/-8 for 29 and then wildcarding 31, maybe taking a hit or 2 for 34.

If you freehit you might be able to delay the wildcard until closer to 34. Taking less hits on the way.

Edited by The College Dropout

On 05/03/2024 at 16:24, Magpie said:

My second proper season and I love it personally.

Even getting to the point where I'm beginning to think the content creators haven't got a clue 🤣🤣

I’ve done it off and on since the 90’s (started a league with friends in the Telegraph, of all papers!) and more often than not it genuinely feels like self-punishment! 

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed.

But there is an upside to 29.A freehit would beat the non-free hitters by 12-30 points considering a lot will be taking hits.

The doubles in 34 and 37 have mostly better teams, so you would want those picks anyway. 

If you don't free hit. You're probably taking -4/-8 for 29 and then wildcarding 31, maybe taking a hit or 2 for 34.

If you freehit you might be able to delay the wildcard until closer to 34. Taking less hits on the way.

Are you autistic?