Nick Pope

Rich

23 minutes ago, Pilko said:

His kicking is bloody dreadful but he saved us two points towards the end with that save.

He's generally not a good kicker, but I have to admit that the last few matches it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as previously. His long kicking generally stays in play now. By comparison, against PSG last season he hit 4 goal kicks in a row into touch with alarming accuracy. :lol:

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Cant remember if it was Southampton or Bournemouth but he kicked it out again and again :lol:

Call me old fashioned if you like but I want my goalkeeper to keep the ball from hitting the back of the net.  He's feckin brilliant at that.  He's shite playing one twos like.

30 minutes ago, Heron said:

When the ball is passed back to him? :lol:

All the years following football I didn't really get the pass back rule but after you laughing at me I googled it. Apologies I wasn't aware it was an enforceable rule. I had though he could control the pass with his foot and then pick the ball up Even more reason why its stupid to pass back to him he can't kick with any sort of accuracy. 

1 minute ago, nufcjmc said:

All the years following football I didn't really get the pass back rule but after you laughing at me I googled it. Apologies I wasn't aware it was an enforceable rule. I had though he could control the pass with his foot and then pick the ball up Even more reason why its stupid to pass back to him he can't kick with any sort of accuracy. 

You even got that wrong.  It's back pass rule not pass back rule.  Get ya coat!

3 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Every day's a school day mate ;)

Up until last season his poor kicking really annoyed me. Now I just laugh at how poor he is at it. :lol: He makes up for it by being really good at everything else, but it'd be a huge fucking upgrade to the team if an equally good keeper who can somewhat control a ball with his feet became available. We do lose possession a lot every single game due to him both directly when he kicks the ball out for throw ins and indirectly when players don't dare pass it back to him and ends up hoofing the ball aimlessly up the field to the opposing teams defenders.

1 hour ago, Teslact said:

Liverpool have only won one league title since too.

I'd enjoy these kinds of stats a lot more if we had won the league at any point since the Great Depression.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Up until last season his poor kicking really annoyed me. Now I just laugh at how poor he is at it. :lol: He makes up for it by being really good at everything else, but it'd be a huge fucking upgrade to the team if an equally good keeper who can somewhat control a ball with his feet became available. We do lose possession a lot every single game due to him both directly when he kicks the ball out for throw ins and indirectly when players don't dare pass it back to him and ends up hoofing the ball aimlessly up the field to the opposing teams defenders.

I love to believe the theory that most deep kicks from pope was strategic /intentional.

And the reason is instead of taking risk of loosing possession in our own half due his "deficiencies" let force a throw in deep into enemy half & win the possession back through our high press there.