Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Aye, ha, when does an "opinion" become a "point" ?

There's a lot of self appointed uberfans bleating on about access they feel they're entitled to being stifled by the club. The club, seemingly, intent on sharing the love, to a wider audience. (*) 

This entitlement, as seen on this thread, permeates many others as well. 

It started almost straight after the takeover. From an albeit minority, an outcry to bin 20+ "deadwood" & buy (insert any number of £80m players) instantly. 1st Jan window in fact. 

From then to now. 

Bin Wilson, Burn's shit, Crap window, Im a better fan than you, Club's shafting us blah blah fucking blah. 

Boo hoo fucking hoo ?

"We only want a team that tries" my arse

Caulkin summed it up succinctly, tbf. Recognised that the sad thing, possibly the only sad thing, to come from last season's amazing efforts was it was all achieved with a high degree of innocence and naivety. No matter how we do going forward that feeling will never be the same again. 

Just an observation, opinion NOT a point ?

* ps not suggesting the club can't make mistakes but they're from a good place. 

Opinion, point, whatever. I don't necessarily disagree on the transfer front though.

Folks suggesting a system that (unintentionally) excludes fans from certain financial demographics from attending games they otherwise could have attended, could be improved on doesn't seem like a manifestation of entitlement though.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Opinion, point, whatever. I don't necessarily disagree on the transfer front though.

Folks suggesting a system that (unintentionally) excludes fans from certain financial demographics from attending games they otherwise could have attended, could be improved on doesn't seem like a manifestation of entitlement though.

"ps not suggesting the club can't make mistakes but they're from a good place."

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You’re right, Keegan did say that - but back then match day revenue and club shop income represented the majority of a club’s income.  That’s why we were able to compete under our own steam.

Once the broadcasts became international, and sponsorships and commercials driven by foreign markets, it skewed everything completely.  The ‘Sky Six’ are in reality ‘the international six’ - they have revenue streams off the charts compared to other clubs because of their draw overseas. 

Of course they do, and that's why we're trying to compete at every possible level we can. It takes a long time to build the overseas draw, it takes a lot less to ramp up the Membership & ticket prices.

To repeat myself, I think they've gone too far with the price rises this season. But I do believe it's the same idea (in principle) as the Keegan/Shearer thing, the aim is to increase revenue to improve the playing squad rather than to line the pockets of the owners.

Worrying thing about the Silverstone interview was the bit where he said “if people don’t download the tickets, it will make it look like the club haven’t done the right the thing”. 

I don’t think someone customer-focused would say that, they would know that the responsibility is on the system to work for people. 

Also saying that they were trying to do digital ticketing in 6 weeks. Why was it six weeks? Why didn’t they start earlier?

I feel like he should’ve been challenged more by True Faith.

Also I guess the interview was recorded before the full extent of the recent debacle? 

With the Sela sponsorship, he also said they had spoken to 1000 companies, but just happened to end up with one from Saudi? :lol:

But TBF he did say they are open to fan engagement, and I do believe that. Just clear that he is a commercial person first and foremost. 

I went into it angry about the membership, so maybe overly negative. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, Yorkie said:

A compelling case. 

Aye, lazy af. You asked for evidence. I use my eyes. ?

Granted it's only human nature to be miffed if you can't have want you think you should but there's some right whoppers on here. 

Granted again, the club's dropped the ball in as much that people should be given a choice of where they'd like to sit in the event of getting a ticket. That 1st change may well be one of many. 

Doesn't alter my view that there's a rump of fans, elevated by their own egos and expectations, who've jumped the shark from "we only want a team that tries" and then some. 

17 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yeah you can only add it once.

For away games and ad hoc checks - it mentions appropriate proof of ID. I can’t see anywhere where this is defined, debit card/ photo ID, who knows. No chance I’m taking my DL or Passport to an away game.

I would just use a debit card. It won't be enforced anyway I reckon. It wasn't at Wembley.

1 minute ago, OCOCOL said:

I would just use a debit card. It won't be enforced anyway I reckon. It wasn't at Wembley.

The difference between here and Wembley, apart from the amount of fans, is that Wembley was a one off. If the threat of being checked stopped a few using tickets that weren’t theirs, it was job done.

Here, if people go to the first couple of aways and there’s no checks, you’ll almost immediately end up back to the situation where people are using others tickets willy nilly.

In fact, if anything, I’d expect the checks at the first couple of games to be on the heavy side, to try and reinforce the threat, then it might ease off a bit.

What's the most effective way to let the club know that there's a very frustrated group of regular match goers who now can't get tickets and are very pissed off about the situation.

Channel it via the likes of NUST and @Greg ?

Go on lots of solo missions with emails to Supporter Relations ?

There's a group of us on here who have ploughed money, time and emotion into being at every game since the new regime took over and now many of us can no longer get into the ground. Am sure there's plenty of people out there in the real world who are in the same position too.

It's got to be worth trying to fight for a change.

Edited by bobbydazzla

I know you can’t judge your chances on one ballot, but feels really bad. 

Going from attending every home game to not knowing about any is such a strange feeling. In the space of a few weeks. It’s quite life changing really, not being able to plan to attend games. 

I guess I stepped back from the club during the Ashley years, might just need to do it again :(

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo