Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Reading a few reports here of people who went to every game last season (myself included) not being successful and those who have been to very little/ no games getting tickets, I wouldn’t be surprised if the club have rigged the ballot to try to appear “fair”.

It’s at the expense of the atmosphere if they have and they’ll regret it if it transfers onto the pitch.

I didn’t go in the ballot as my son is away.

But on video call I have explained to him the possible outcome of no tickets for many games from now on.

He asked me why they have changed it.

I basically told him the because we went every season as dad had lots of windows open and was in lots of different places in the queue. It stopped other people who didn’t know how to do it from getting tickets.

He now understands that dad was a cheater. 

And to be honest. We had a good run. We shouldn’t complain. I expect to not get many games this new way. But nothing will change. We just have to accept it.

I just hope the majority don’t end up out priced when the place becomes the next Chelsea and it is a corporate statement for the rich and famous business billionaires around the world.

3 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I didn’t go in the ballot as my son is away.

But on video call I have explained to him the possible outcome of no tickets for many games from now on.

He asked me why they have changed it.

I basically told him the because we went every season as dad had lots of windows open and was in lots of different places in the queue. It stopped other people who didn’t know how to do it from getting tickets.

He now understands that dad was a cheater. 

And to be honest. We had a good run. We shouldn’t complain. I expect to not get many games this new way. But nothing will change. We just have to accept it.

I just hope the majority don’t end up out priced when the place becomes the next Chelsea and it is a corporate statement for the rich and famous business billionaires around the world.

This is why its imperative they expand the stadium or build a new one. New corporate seats for the rich and famous, but keep affordable tickets for the everyday fan. 

For the club to work going forward there will be a tipping point where the new owners have to realise this is the NE and not West London.

If they think they’ll keep increasing match day prices at this seasons %, they’ll quickly find we don’t have enough international fans to fill all the seats.

We need to grow for FFP but it’s imperative it remains affordable for the hardcore local support, or we’ll completely lose our identity.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

For the club to work going forward there will be a tipping point where the new owners have to realise this is the NE and not West London.

If they think they’ll keep increasing match day prices at this seasons %, they’ll quickly find we don’t have enough international fans to fill all the seats.

We need to grow for FFP but it’s imperative it remains affordable for the hardcore local support, or we’ll completely lose our identity.

Thats why im concerned about this new Peter Silverstone guy, obviously very good at what he does but much easier to do this stuff if the club is somewhere more affluent like parts of London.

Think charging £55 for the Sela Cup was a bit too much (urgh i think i agree with Adam P)

Especially as its school holidays and cost of living etc. 

£20-£25 a day or £40-£45 for two might have been better. I doubt many will be going both days and it means loads of empty seats yesterday

Due to family health reasons I am not going to be able to use my season ticket next year. Although I have already got someone who I will be forwarding my tickets too I can only do this ten times. The club are now saying you can sell up to ten tickets back to the club and they will put them up for resale. I have asked if this means you can forward on 10 and sell back 9 but have not had an answer yet. There does not seem to be any info of how these resales are going to work but if I can alert people on here to when they are put up for sale I will do. Most likely though I think they will  choose some more of those that have already entered the ballot and been unsuccessful.

18 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

Due to family health reasons I am not going to be able to use my season ticket next year. Although I have already got someone who I will be forwarding my tickets too I can only do this ten times. The club are now saying you can sell up to ten tickets back to the club and they will put them up for resale. I have asked if this means you can forward on 10 and sell back 9 but have not had an answer yet. There does not seem to be any info of how these resales are going to work but if I can alert people on here to when they are put up for sale I will do. Most likely though I think they will  choose some more of those that have already entered the ballot and been unsuccessful.

I’m sure there’s ways round that.

Hopefully officially, but if not definitely unofficially.

Although I understand they don’t want profiteering I think most people who pass tickets on are doing it for the right reason and I actually let him have it for free as others will no doubt too.

Tbh I want to keep everything official as I don’t want to risk losing the ticket!

Edited by Toontimes
Addition

Let’s be honest, when it comes to ticketing (both ST’s and Members) the club have lost the plot

They clearly don’t know what they’re doing and their communications have been appallingly bad, probably because they haven’t got a clue what they’re doing 

Ticketing is a basic part of running a sports stadium and they’ve absolutely mugged it 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

Although I understand they don’t want profiteering I think most people who pass tickets on are doing it for the right reason and I actually let him have it for free as others will no doubt too.

Tbh I want to keep everything official as I don’t want to risk losing the ticket!

Ultimately if someone else was going to use the ticket the whole time, you could just change your phone number on the ticket account to their number and I assume they could then download to their phone?

Memberships schemes are generally just an extra way to make money and every club does it. The only benefit to you and I now is that it gives us access to tickets ahead of non-members so that we feel ‘valued’ and continue being invested in the club

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

Ultimately if someone else was going to use the ticket the whole time, you could just change your phone number on the ticket account to their number and I assume they could then download to their phone?

It can be downloaded to any phone so yes I could have done it that way I guess. Unfortunately I have already downloaded it to my phone and anyway I would just worry about it. I think I will write to the club and make the point to them that this is really an unfair policy they are imposing on everyone because of the profiteering activities of a few.

50 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

Yeah you should be able to transfer 10 and sell 9.

Just need to do it game by game I’d imagine. You’ll get 9x19th of your ST ticket price back in total. NUFC will re-sell at higher price. That’s digital for you ?

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Yeah you should be able to transfer 10 and sell 9.

Just need to do it game by game I’d imagine. You’ll get 9x19th of your ST ticket price back in total. NUFC will re-sell at higher price. That’s digital for you ?

yes you only get paid if it sells and it is guaranteed they will sell it more a higher price, it will be interesting to see how they make them available as you can sell up to 24 hours before the game

20 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

yes you only get paid if it sells and it is guaranteed they will sell it more a higher price, it will be interesting to see how they make them available as you can sell up to 24 hours before the game

I haven’t read any info at all (full disclosure) but I’d be very surprised if they don’t guarantee your money regardless if it sells as it would be restraint of trade on their behalf as you could’ve sold it yourself which isn’t illegal despite what they want to portray (?)

Maybe they don’t guarantee if you leave it within 24/48hrs to sell (?) trying to be fair to the club on that occasion but again they really should up to 24hrs prior.

44 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Memberships schemes are generally just an extra way to make money and every club does it. The only benefit to you and I now is that it gives us access to tickets ahead of non-members so that we feel ‘valued’ and continue being invested in the club

Exactly this. I don’t think memberships were a thing 15 years ago. Back then it was season tickets and general sale. Tbh I’d prefer they went back to that than this ballot

Edited by gdm

I only know of pne person out of about 15 that wasn't successful in the ballot - makes me think that purchase history must be taken into account - these are all former season ticket holders / regular past attendees.

3 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

I only know of pne person out of about 15 that wasn't successful in the ballot - makes me think that purchase history must be taken into account - these are all former season ticket holders / regular past attendees.

Think there’s quite a few people on here that went to every game last season and failed for Villa. Me included. 

As a season ticket holder this situation doesn't effect me but, I have been reading the topic out of interest and my main observation is that the previous system allowing members to ring on a specific day and buy tickets seemed to work perfectly well and satisfied everyone involved.

This new system of ballot seems stupid and pointless.  It is stressing people out and members who have found their way to attend most of the games they wanted to, often in the same seat week in week out, are now being completely randomised and seem as likely to miss out as to win.

Complicating things for complicating sake in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

As Ian says, there's a large group on here who have rarely missed a game since Oct 2021 that didn't get tickets for Villa

I'm very intrigued to know how many of the people who were either unavailable for 10am sales, or tried and failed to get a ticket in 10am sales, actually managed to get a ticket in the ballot.

Cos as I understand it, that's the group that the two main groups the new system was supposed to benefit.

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

As a season ticket holder this situation doesn't effect me but, I have been reading the topic out of interest and my main observation is that the previous system allowing members to ring on a specific day and buy tickets seemed to work perfectly well and satisfied everyone involved.

This new system of ballot seems stupid and pointless.  It is stressing people out and members who have found their way to attend most of the games they wanted to, often in the same seat week in week out, are now being completely randomised and seem as likely to miss out as to win.

Complicating things for complicating sake in my opinion.

Focussing on the people fortunate to have jobs who can log-in for 10am though. Fair that I should miss out on pretty much every game due to work? Bollocks sorry. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Focussing on the people fortunate to have jobs who can log-in for 10am though. Fair that I should miss out on pretty much every game due to work? Bollocks sorry. 

Fair enough, of course people work and making a 10am queue can be a big problem.

I guess if you cannot make it and cannot get someone to do it for you then a ballot is the next best solution.

Can not please all of the people all of the time comes to mind!

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I totally get why the 10am weekday time was unfair for some

Would you have been able to log in if they'd moved sale times to evenings or weekends ?

Or if they'd kept 10am weekdays could you have linked your account to someone who could log on at that time ? I was always able to make myself available at sale time, so got tickets for pals who weren't 

There was easy workarounds to the old system, if people were determined to get a ticket they probably could.

But now it's 100% down to luck. No level of control over how likely you are to get a ticket, or where you'll be sitting in the ground.

Edited by bobbydazzla