Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

27 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

And don’t forget to mention that from Oct 2021 to Aug 2023 Bobby Dazzla bought a ticket to every game and was usually in Strawberry Corner putting his full support behind the team, even in the days when relegation looked a certainty.

He’s also a former season ticket holder, was a regular away in both top flight and 2nd tier and was at the 1999 & 2023 cup finals. He’s supported the club for 35 years and only stopped going to the match as a protest against the Ashley regime.

Joe Bloggs just likes to take selfies at big events and post them on Instagram.

What about if Bobby Dazzler works a job where it is impossible to get online at 10am during the week? 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Wonder how ticket resales work from Season Ticket holders.

Do the club only give the ST holder the ST price divided by 19 and they sell at single ticket value?

Decent chunk made for them if so...

Rules state you get 1/19 of season ticket value IF the ticket sells and no doubt the ticket will be sold for a higher price as you say.

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

What about if Bobby Dazzler works a job where it is impossible to get online at 10am during the week? 

Bobby Dazzla finds some friends or forum members who are able to be online at 10am during the week.

He links his supporter number to them and asks them kindly if they could buy his ticket.

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Bobby Dazzla finds some friends or forum members who are able to be online at 10am during the week.

He links his supporter number to them and asks them kindly if they could buy his ticket.

Right, but you get the point. In this fictional scenario, it’s just as likely there’s somebody who’s being going for years who can’t get online at the time the tickets go on sale, and in that case they’re the ones that lose out to the gloryhunter selfie person 

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

Right, but you get the point. In this fictional scenario, it’s just as likely there’s somebody who’s being going for years who can’t get online at the time the tickets go on sale, and in that case they’re the ones that lose out to the gloryhunter selfie person 

You’ve missed my point entirely though with my original scenario.

You’ve taken us right back to where we were at the start 

Edited by TheGuv

9 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

But there’s a clear and legitimate work around for those people. You only had to know members who could be online at 10am, then link accounts. Lads in here were helping each other out for instance.

I couldn’t even get a membership in 2022/23 as they weren’t selling them post-takeover.

But I had friends with season tickets who I had to ask to let me use their +1

If you were determined to be there, there was usually a way.

Now there isn’t. It’s a lucky dip. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

You’ve missed my point entirely though with my original scenario.

You’ve taken us right back to where we were at the start 

Actually, mate, just re-read and you’re right. Didn’t register that thing about the relative amounts of ballot entries 

2 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

So from tomorrow until before the match, you can go on the stadium plan and keep refreshing in the hope of a seat popping up from a ST holder who can't go?

I'm probably way off here [emoji38]

It's still unknown as how it actually works 

So from tomorrow until before the match, you can go on the stadium plan and keep refreshing in the hope of a seat popping up from a ST holder who can't go?

That is a good a guess as any - alternatively they might release new batches at 10.00 each day. Whatever the answer is they have to let people know.

Not sure actually, not sure how long ST holders have to ‘sell’. 

Posted this in the ticket forum so I'll put it here as well.

Mate who was successful in the ballot applied for Category 2 assuming it was the Gallowgate/Leazes, been given tickets in Level 7. He had a gall bladder operation the day before yesterday and can hardly walk up the stairs in his own house, let alone to Level 7. Got charged £44 for it and also can't sell the ticket as members' tickets are untransferable. 

Great stuff from the club. Superb. :thup:

This is the sort of example that shows how poor this all is. 

@Gregcan you pass this onto the Club please? I know they don’t seem too bothered with it all at the moment - but the more voices heard the better. 

24 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Mate who was successful in the ballot applied for Category 2 assuming it was the Gallowgate/Leazes, been given tickets in Level 7. He had a gall bladder operation the day before yesterday and can hardly walk up the stairs in his own house, let alone to Level 7. Got charged £44 for it and also can't sell the ticket as members' tickets are untransferable. 

That is a disgrace.

40 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

This is the sort of example that shows how poor this all is. 

@Gregcan you pass this onto the Club please? I know they don’t seem too bothered with it all at the moment - but the more voices heard the better. 

I posted this in Tickets, but even if we just look at the Villa game in isolation this is how it has played out......and it's absolutely diabolical.

- We bought memberships in good faith, but weren't told how the ticket sales would work.

- We had to choose ticket price categories in the ballot, without being able to see on a seat plan which part of the ground we were applying for.

- We don't even know if L7 is open to all, or just for families.

- Ballot success was only confirmed 8 days before the match.

- There's no provision for anyone's personal circumstances when entering the ballot e.g. Haydn's mate not being able to walk up stairs.

- If your allocated seat isn't suitable, you can't sell your ticket

- Resale tickets are released tomorrow but we don't know how to buy them

It's a fan relations disaster and there should be hell on.

I've contacted leadership at the club directly in order to share my concerns, but there needs to be a constructive and co-ordinated effort to get our frustrations aired.

Edited by bobbydazzla

25 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm not being funny but was the gall bladder operation an emergency or did he have prior notice? Elective surgery? 

Only asking because I would of thought erring on the side of caution after an operation like that and not thinking he could attend a football match 10 (?) days later would be the realistic thing ? no matter where the tickets are for. 

Wish him well and advise him to steer clear of spicy food for a good while. She's had some agonising nights after dabbling a tad. 

Admire his positivism mind. 

Mrs G was in agony for ages. Had a cracking surgeon too. 

As a separate issue we balloted, and got, 2 x "Cat2" tickets and I fully expect them to be level 7

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, I know what you’re saying, as long as people admit there is a hierarchy of fans.

The problem is we were talking about fairness, and whether it was fair for one supporter to miss out when another doesn’t. If that’s the parameters of the conversation then STs have to be considered too. 

Some people made sacrifices, some were just lucky. People could have bought a season ticket at any time in previous seasons but they made the decision that it was better not to. Some couldn’t buy one because of personal or financial reasons. 

None of this makes it easier to decide who should go and who shouldn’t. 

If we think that loyalty should matter then clearly a random ballot isn’t the way to go. It’s just interesting in football that there’s one group (ST holders) who are considered untouchable and another who have no rights. 

Also given the incredible demand, people who have a ST could be more accurately described as privileged than loyal. Thousands of people would step into their shoes if they could. It’s a very interesting position. 

To be clear this is more a theoretical point because I know that ST holders will always be there and I really want to become one ASAP :lol:

I just think it’s interesting to discuss it in an era where demand is so high. Traditionally you would think of STs as something the club needs to sell in order to guarantee income. And those people would be valuable because they’ll commit money that other fans won’t. 

but of course when they did have a chance, they didnt bother cos we were shite and uncool.