Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Everyone accepts that it was unfair on people with non-desk jobs. I just hope those people are actually benefitting. 

It’s hard to know what the numbers and proportions are. Like, are the tickets going to people who spent last season frozen out and angry, or just people who fancy the match now it’s easier? 

Either way they won’t go back to the queue now, and they can’t really use any measure of loyalty after this season, if attendance is random. 

Second hope is that it doesn’t effect the atmosphere too much with people unable to go regularly and sitting in a different area each time. 

40 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

I only know of pne person out of about 15 that wasn't successful in the ballot - makes me think that purchase history must be taken into account - these are all former season ticket holders / regular past attendees.

Definitely not the case I reckon.  I had my ST for about 15 years, 45 points, and purchase history last year too....didn't get one :D 

27 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Focussing on the people fortunate to have jobs who can log-in for 10am though. Fair that I should miss out on pretty much every game due to work? Bollocks sorry. 

The old system was fine or at least much better than the new one but I agree they should’ve mixed the times up each game rather than 10am every time.

Still I’m surprised you didn’t have anyone to log in for you whilst you were at work for the 10am slot? I would’ve helped you.

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Everyone accepts that it was unfair on people with non-desk jobs. I just hope those people are actually benefitting. 

It’s hard to know what the numbers and proportions are. Like, are the tickets going to people who spent last season frozen out and angry, or just people who fancy the match now it’s easier? 

Either way they won’t go back to the queue now, and they can’t really use any measure of loyalty after this season, if attendance is random. 

Second hope is that it doesn’t effect the atmosphere too much with people unable to go regularly and sitting in a different area each time. 

Surely if the ballot is truly random, with no ranking criteria applied, then no one ‘type’ of group will benefit on a consistent basis?

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Surely if the ballot is truly random, with no ranking criteria applied, then no one ‘type’ of group will benefit on a consistent basis?

Potentially it's the worst of both worlds.

If someone couldn't log on at 10am, or didn't have a friend who was available at 10am that they could link to, then now they've got to cross their fingers in the random ballot.

So how many people who were frustrated at being locked out by the old system, are now chuffed to be going to the Villa match ? Personally, I don't know a single one.

Edited by bobbydazzla

I don’t know how the Club came up with this ‘solution’ though?

Where was the consultation with members? (There was none. Yet there was a safe standing and away loyalty point consultation).

How had the old system been flagged as an issue if there was no consultation? Someone has dropped a clanger at the Club and we’re none the wiser. 

Is anyone genuinely happy with this alternative? Or is it just the Club who are happy as they’ve made a few extra £ for new memberships?

If the concern was that people couldn't log in at 10am due to work commitments possibly have two windows?  The usual at 10am and another at 6pm?

They could share out the available seats fairly across the two windows.

Edited by Sima

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

I don’t know how the Club came up with this ‘solution’ though?

Where was the consultation with members? (There was none. Yet there was a safe standing and away loyalty point consultation).

How had the old system been flagged as an issue if there was no consultation? Someone has dropped a clanger at the Club and we’re none the wiser. 

Is anyone genuinely happy with this alternative? Or is it just the Club who are happy as they’ve made a few extra £ for new memberships?

There was a home tickets forum. Don’t personally know anyone that was at it, so can’t say if the changes are reflective of what was discussed.

23 minutes ago, Sima said:

If the concern was that people couldn't log in at 10am due to work commitments possibly have two windows?  The usual at 10am and another at 6pm?

They could share out the available seats fairly across the two windows.

But then the people who work desk jobs, just get 2 go’s instead?

12 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

A tiered membership would have been fairer on the people who have attended loads of games, a supporter of another club has just as much a chance as a die hard NUFC fan now which isn't right.

Then people would have to pay more money to become a gold member? Wouldn’t that be unfair on people who couldn’t afford to?

5 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Then people would have to pay more money to become a gold member? Wouldn’t that be unfair on people who couldn’t afford to?

Jump up the tiers the more points you collect? It doesn’t have to be done in the form of a Catholic Indulgence payment to skip the queue.

If I spend a certain amount on my Amex Blue card, I get more points. The more I fly with BA I can move into a different Tier from Bronze - Silver - Gold. If I don’t use it. I lose it.

Not sure why the club can’t think of something along this sort of model.

18 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Tiered in this instance means you would build up some sort of recognition for previous purchase history or unsuccessful ticket applications, giving easier access to tickets for people who historically have been regular match goers

Cos at the moment you have 3 groups that are vastly different.

1) season ticket holders

2) people who can afford the very expensive hospitality tickets

3) anyone else (NUFC fan, neutral or away fan) can pay their £37 membership and be on an equal footing in the lucky dip

If you're not a season ticket holder, or able to splash £200+ on a hospitality ticket, then you might as well have zero history of supporting the club

Edited by bobbydazzla

There are a load of ways they could have done this, and rewarded loyalty to previous members.

But NUFC, regardless of ownership, has never rewarded loyalty of members, and that doesn't like its going to be changed :sad:

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

I totally get why the 10am weekday time was unfair for some

Would you have been able to log in if they'd moved sale times to evenings or weekends ?

Or if they'd kept 10am weekdays could you have linked your account to someone who could log on at that time ? I was always able to make myself available at sale time, so got tickets for pals who weren't 

There was easy workarounds to the old system, if people were determined to get a ticket they probably could.

But now it's 100% down to luck. No level of control over how likely you are to get a ticket, or where you'll be sitting in the ground.

He might have been able to while others then couldn’t. That’s potentially just shifting the problem from him to someone else. Unfortunately ballot is the fairest option for everyone even tho I was against it 

Failed in the ballot with a £74 choice, managed 2/7 from my mobile at work in the queue system, which was a stress ridden ball ache. Then happened to learn that some people had over 80 places in the queue, no wonder they were sitting in the same areas all season. Might have a go tomorrow,just for the craic

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, if I had been on that forum I would probably have said the 10am login was unfair. 

Just sucks to go every week and then a couple of months later you’re nowhere again. 

If you haven't got a season ticket then how's it fair that you get to go every week and someone else doesn't get to go at all?