Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

27 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I was the same, doesn't let me in on my account as I don't have a membership, despite having the bairns and missus as strong relationship and they all have memberships.  Just had to log into her account but it just seems a shit storm, it's all been made unnecessarily restrictive. 

Let me know how you get on if succesful. My youngun can't go to the first few anyway so no point me applying for any yet

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Problem is there'll be 100s/1000s wanting the same ones. Happy with just having a shot of getting in the ground again now without paying through the eyes for premium. 

But it was the same for Wembley tickets. People were successful in a ballot and then chose their seats. 

If you’re successful - great. But If you’re too slow selecting the exact seat you want. Tough.

And if you’re not arsed - then it doesn’t matter either way - as you’re in the same position as now 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TheGuv

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Bloody hell, I've just read the release properly. It does say "select a specific ticket price category". Surely you should be able to choose more than one.

Why, you can either afford it or you cant surely.

You are trying to hedge your bets when the argument was it was too pricey for some people. Now they can cap the cost.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Bloody hell, I've just read the release properly. It does say "select a specific ticket price category". Surely you should be able to choose more than one.

Completely agree, I selected three ticket price brackets thinking that as I’m a single member and not buying as part of a group that I’d be entered into three ballots. Maybe that’s taking advantage of the system but I ended up just going for one even though I’d have been ok going for the £44 or £56 options 

52 minutes ago, jack j said:

Let me know how you get on if succesful. My youngun can't go to the first few anyway so no point me applying for any yet

If you mean applying it was no bother once I was in her account. 

IF I'm successful, that'll be when the fun starts ha

7 minutes ago, patrone said:

I didn't have the ballot option using mobile browser, but did on pc.

Had to add mates name first ticket then mine.

Weird but it worked 🤷‍♂️

It doesn’t appear on mobile, I guess they couldn’t get anyone who could update the menu without breaking the layout :lol:

They added it to the normal home tickets page eventually. 

16 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he does have a membership

Sorry - the only thing may be that the age group of the ticket you want to assign is not appropriate or is his age set in his profile?

Edited by NITON
Clarification

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

If you mean applying it was no bother once I was in her account. 

IF I'm successful, that'll be when the fun starts ha

Yeh if successful

I've been on to the ballot page and that looked simple enough

3 minutes ago, NITON said:

Sorry - the only thing may be that the age group of the ticket you want to assign is not appropriate or is his age set in his profile?

It's because he has an ST so the ballot isn't an option when logged into his account regardless whether his linked accounts have a membership. 

Edited by Wilson

1 hour ago, JJ7 said:

I’d get this argument if the same people making it on Twitter cared about the fact that hundreds in the away end are getting the tickets passed on by friends. I mean I’ve been to 50+ away games and don’t have a loyalty point so I’ve taken advantage myself. Being up in arms about fairness because the cut off point is going to be higher because 100-200 are going to a ballot, doesn’t seem to be anything to do with fairness. I saw someone arguing all day yesterday on Twitter who at one point said ‘get some friends’. The club aren’t going to be back a system that sees hundreds of people getting tickets passed on to them, or people building up loyalty points up even though they don’t go. It’s been convenient for me, but it’s hardly ‘fair’.

But what about all the ones who haven’t taken advantage.. My 15 year old lad has built up approx 60 points over 7 years going to away games when the points drop.. there’s a big possibility he’ll miss out if the points threshold increases to accommodate a few hundred who have now decided they fancy an away trip… and when they had every opportunity to build points over the last few seasons…

Maybe they should spend a season cracking down on this before implementing a ballot… after all, they are ‘loyalty’ points…

1 minute ago, llcoolc157 said:

But what about all the ones who haven’t taken advantage.. My 15 year old lad has built up approx 60 points over 7 years going to away games when the points drop.. there’s a big possibility he’ll miss out if the points threshold increases to accommodate a few hundred who have now decided they fancy an away trip… and when they had every opportunity to build points over the last few seasons…

Maybe they should spend a season cracking down on this before implementing a ballot… after all, they are ‘loyalty’ points…

If they crack down properly on the passing on of tickets, which again I admit I’ve benefitted from, then the points to get a ticket for an away game should be lower anyway regardless of the small amount going to ballot. There has to be a way for those in the younger age group to build up points and not rely on a friend getting them a ticket. Some people have hundreds of loyalty points who’ve barely ever been. Nothing will be perfect and there will be criticism whatever the club do. I understand that for myself, despite being in an away end of 800 at Everton on a Monday night and going to most of the Championship aways when Hughton was manager, there’s going to be a very slim chance of me getting now, but I can’t personally think of a much better way of them doing it, or the perfect system.

24 minutes ago, llcoolc157 said:

Should have went more often in the past 7 years.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

Should have went more often in the past 7 years.

Is that a serious comment?? Between the age of 7 and 15 he’s been to almost 60 games…forged new friendships, met great new mates, things I experienced and remember well from back in the day.. loads of matches sell out on 100 points so unless he uses someone else’s ticket he’s missed out… he went to those he was able to.