Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

The way I see it is that the club take far more notice to these online nonces like Burnsie and that's had an impact on how they will distribute tickets in the future.

I know he was acting like a prick when this was announced but you know what I mean. This new breed of Twitter fans are the pits man.

I've attended all but 3 of our games since the takeover, having packed in my ticket when Bruce got the job with over 150 points. Thankfully I'm sorted this season but I totally understand why previous ST holders/members with a clear history of supporting the club through the lean years are completely pissed off that some random has an equal chance of a ticket - especially for 'big' games - than them. 

Even in my circle of mates, there are 3 lads who packed in the same time as me - very similar points, been to most games post takeover etc - who didn't get tickets for Villa but then there's another lad who frankly didn't give much of a shit about NUFC my entire life who got a ticket with his lass :lol: 

Agree there is no 100% fair way to do it, but a lottery will exclude some of our most vocal fans. If you though the atmosphere was bad at times last season, it will be rotten this year with people dotted about. Hopefully the SC is loud and proud which I'm sure they will be.

Also the pricing, quite frankly, was disgusting for the friendlies. Understand there was 'other games' but let's be fair most couldn't give a shit. The club should use friendlies (and early cup games) as a way to encourage families. Dads taking their kids for the first time etc. Not as a money making exercise. The attendances showed that tbh.

I feel almost guilty having a pop at ownership as I very much doubt they were directly involved in these decisions, but they need to be very careful going forwards. I guess football is all about ££ these days, but we're a working class city full of people on the bones of their arse at the minute. Knowing your audience is important here.

The Anfield Road end was extended by 10k this year (fact check needed) and only 1k of them were made available for new ST holders. Utter bollocks. If/when SJP is extended we need to encourage more ST holders for not only the benefit of the atmosphere itself but to ensure that when Isak scores and the images of him celebrating don't 75% of the fans in the background taking photos ala Old Trafford/Etihad/Anfield. When Bruno scored against Brighton the images of the fans were so organic. So natural and passionate. I'm not saying we shouldn't encourage international/new fans to attend - we will 100% need that if we are to grow globally. But the club has always been the heart of the city. We need it to stay that way and I hope that they take that on board going forwards. 

Any idea roughly how many tickets were available?

Last season the gen sale was about 500 i think, and if you were in the top 1k in queue you had a chance. Maybe something similar?

Thankfully i nabbed a barracks ticket for the villa game last week.

1 minute ago, JackieDoor said:

Last season the gen sale was about 500 i think, and if you were in the top 1k in queue you had a chance. Maybe something similar?

Best guesses seem to be it was more like 200 today. Although obviously impossible for anyone to be sure.

3 minutes ago, SuperFlat said:

Last day of my holiday, so I guess I’m sat refreshing the available areas in the hope that something miraculously pops up. MS-LL2G is taking the piss out of me :lol:

:lol:

Ive tried that one like 20 times 

28 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

Did you get Barracks just through normal sale? Seems to be sold out for every game this season. 

29 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Also the pricing, quite frankly, was disgusting for the friendlies. Understand there was 'other games' but let's be fair most couldn't give a shit. The club should use friendlies (and early cup games) as a way to encourage families. Dads taking their kids for the first time etc. Not as a money making exercise. The attendances showed that tbh.

I feel almost guilty having a pop at ownership as I very much doubt they were directly involved in these decisions, but they need to be very careful going forwards. I guess football is all about ££ these days, but we're a working class city full of people on the bones of their arse at the minute. Knowing your audience is important here.

When the takeover happened, one of the main consequences was a more aggressive commercial strategy. The sponsorships are all part of that but the revenue from SJP was very poor compared to what it could be. I hope they are trying to balance your concerns with the objective of driving revenue from all sources. Its all part of the mix and is both a positive and negative of the takeover by ambitious owners. The push for international customers in hospitality seems to be a good way of balancing this but i dont think there are straightforward options for the financial / commercial team. I thought 7.50 per game for kids last sunday wasnt that bad. 

Interesting that today there was more people in the queue for <1000 tickets than at any time last season with the original queuing system.

Perhaps logic shows that plenty of people can join a queue at 10am. If we are to ballot surely the ballot should be after a queuing system? Today was just madness.

3 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Managed to get two, but fuck me that took some refreshing and quick adding to basket - was literally on for 50 minutes - there has to be a better way.

Adult tickets?

Ive been on since 10am and not seen anything but youth and one wheelchair ticket 

Just now, LV said:

Adult tickets?

Ive been on since 10am and not seen anything but youth and one wheelchair ticket 

Aye, oddly enough both in the same area of the Leazes for me and my cousin. Like five rows apart. Just by sheer chance mind. 

1 minute ago, SuperFlat said:

Well done! Just pop up when refreshing? 

Yeah. Platinum club. 2 seats together but I only needed one. 

Hopefully someone else off here got the other one