Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

6 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

As mentioned in the comments there, it happens with other large clubs too.

No doubt the clubs could probably be doing more, but ultimately it’s going to require government intervention to make a significant difference. 

I don’t even understand how these sites can do this legally given it’s actual illegal to sell a football ticket above FV in this country?

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

As mentioned in the comments there, it happens with other large clubs too.

No doubt the clubs could probably be doing more, but ultimately it’s going to require government intervention to make a significant difference. 

I don’t even understand how these sites can do this legally given it’s actual illegal to sell a football ticket above FV in this country?

For that particular site I wonder if their workaround is being based in Spain when looking at their terms. Maybe more hassle than its worth for the UK to try and punish those involved? From a random Google but https://maketicketsfair.org/laws-in-your-country/ says there's no laws against online resale in Spain.

Also classic disclaimers that essentially equate to 'we're not the sellers we're just a website don't blame us'.

I'm certainly no legal eagle so God knows how such things would hold up if they were actually challenged on that. 

Just now, wormy said:

For that particular site I wonder if their workaround is being based in Spain when looking at their terms. Maybe more hassle than its worth for the UK to try and punish those involved? From a random Google but https://maketicketsfair.org/laws-in-your-country/ says there's no laws against online resale in Spain.

Also classic disclaimers that essentially equate to 'we're not the sellers we're just a website don't blame us'.

I'm certainly no legal eagle so God knows how such things would hold up if they were actually challenged on that. 

Well exactly, as ever it’ll be something obtuse that makes it difficult to pin on anyone.

Which is why I say it’ll require government intervention. I won’t hold my breath…

4 hours ago, SteV said:

Well exactly, as ever it’ll be something obtuse that makes it difficult to pin on anyone.

Which is why I say it’ll require government intervention. I won’t hold my breath…

Like the government intervention to stop venues charging extra for buying gig tickets on credit cards than the cost of paying in cash… The venues put the cash price up instead of dropping the CC Price so majority were worse off 🤦‍♂️

Still remember my Larry David argument with the box office at the academy to this day 😆

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Horrific this…

Another example of the Club nkt

giving a shit. First they came for members…next season it’ll be ST holders.

https://x.com/jonjonufc90/status/1712481530214551906?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

So UEFA-allocated tickets are being sold on? Or at least advertised?

If genuine, the club need to be asking UEFA what the hell is going on.

22 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Certainly a warning as to the risks of uncapped memberships and how we’ve now also opened the floodgates to bots/touts.

This will certainly happen at SJP in the not to distant future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67106928

In Copenhagen you're thrown out of the stadium immediately if you are sitting with the home fans and cheering for the away team. 

20 minutes ago, nufcmichael said:

In Copenhagen you're thrown out of the stadium immediately if you are sitting with the home fans and cheering for the away team. 

You are here, but it’s a bit more difficult to do that if there’s two thousand of you.

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

555 x Dortmund fans could go onto Livefootballtickets right now and buy seats in home areas for their trip over here

Doubt all those tickets those tickets are legit, but even if we assume they are, they’ll be scattered all round the stadium.

How the hell Man Utd have managed to sell what looks like whole blocks to Galatasaray fans, seems mental.

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

555 x Dortmund fans could go onto Livefootballtickets right now and buy touted seats in home areas for their trip over here

And Newcastle fans can do the same in Dortmund... Can't really se how to avoid this 

33 minutes ago, SteV said:

Doubt all those tickets those tickets are legit, but even if we assume they are, they’ll be scattered all round the stadium.

How the hell Man Utd have managed to sell what looks like whole blocks to Galatasaray fans, seems mental.

I hadn't realised they were in whole blocks at Old Trafford

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

I hadn't realised they were in whole blocks at Old Trafford

Well, I’m just going off that BBC report. Unless they all just got in sharp and decided to get together in whatever part of the ground they were in, displacing home fans?

Whatever it sounds like some fairly catastrophic failures by Man Utd, both in the selling and on match day.

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

555 x Dortmund fans could go onto Livefootballtickets right now and buy touted seats in home areas for their trip over here

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a decent amount of Dortmund fans in the home end tbh. How known they make themselves will depend on how the game goes I suppose.

8 hours ago, SteV said:

Well, I’m just going off that BBC report. Unless they all just got in sharp and decided to get together in whatever part of the ground they were in, displacing home fans?

Whatever it sounds like some fairly catastrophic failures by Man Utd, both in the selling and on match day.

Think they were generally spread out but congregated together to celebrate after the Final whistle when the home fans had departed.

Certainly from the photo's I've seen it appears the Turkish fans were dotted around in 2s and 3s.

7 hours ago, NE28 said:

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a decent amount of Dortmund fans in the home end tbh. How known they make themselves will depend on how the game goes I suppose.

This dogshit ballot & resale system was introduced with a claim it would make it “fairer” for more NUFC fans to get match tickets

Bu it’s actually made it easier for touts to get tickets and sell them to whoever is willing to pay their daft prices

And 555 Dortmund tickets are advertised via touts right now, which indicates that the system is fucking shite 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Sell season tickets.

sell 3x memberships of the seats available outside of season tickets on a first come first serve basis.

If you snooze you lose.

Then ballot them.

Ticket loads onto your membership card at a loader any time within a week before the match at certain points around the city. Scanning your ticket then scanning your membership card and only that card it loads onto.

Have I just fixed the routing issue.

And I’m a dumb ass taxi driver

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Think they were generally spread out but congregated together to celebrate after the Final whistle when the home fans had departed.

Certainly from the photo's I've seen it appears the Turkish fans were dotted around in 2s and 3s.

Not quite as ridiculous then.

Although two thousand still seems to be an extreme number

18 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Certainly a warning as to the risks of uncapped memberships and how we’ve now also opened the floodgates to bots/touts.

This will certainly happen at SJP in the not to distant future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67106928

It happened to us a few years ago when Liverpool came and they got that dodgy late winner. Ashley had sold loads of tickets in the 1892 club to Liverpool fans and got away with it by classing it as corporate tickets.

On 12/10/2023 at 18:30, TheGuv said:

Horrific this…

Another example of the Club nkt

giving a shit. First they came for members…next season it’ll be ST holders.

https://x.com/jonjonufc90/status/1712481530214551906?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

I said this a little while back.

Loads of our fans with the ‘fuck you for not being a season ticket holder’ attitude, not realising that sooner or later they could be fucked over when season tickets top £1k minimum and they are the ones being ousted.