Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

12 hours ago, Wandy said:

True enough. But apparently it was a lot worse today.

It was mate. Cracking atmosphere down on the bus and back but match was strange. Seeing things like half and half scarves suggests day trippers / interlopers. There were a lot of people who didn’t fit in. I’ve made my feelings known on the current ticketing arrangements but we’ve pissed off and lost a lot of our regular younger travellers but I think there’s a desire to minimise the Radge element from sone quarters which is obviously going to be detrimental to a boisterous away end. 

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Half and half scarves in an away end is a shocking state of affairs like. I presume they were the Dortmund/NUFC ones sold midweek and not a Wolves/NUFC one??

There were 4-5 lads behind me who were speaking a different language with half-and-half Wolves/Newcastle scarves on.

15 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Half and half scarves in an away end is a shocking state of affairs like. I presume they were the Dortmund/NUFC ones sold midweek and not a Wolves/NUFC one??

I’d argue that buying a half and half when away in Europe is the only time it’s allowed. 

2 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

I’d argue that buying a half and half when away in Europe is the only time it’s allowed. 

I admittedly got one away at PSV as a kid, and against Yeading. They weren't such a thing then and I got them as souvenirs for one-off games. I'll join in with slagging them off now. Wolves v Newcastle ffs :lol:

9 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

no they were nufc / wolves - on sale outside the away end on the walk down from the Asda 

6 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

God forbid 😱 I hope, at the very least, they were white 🙄

That’s a bit of a jump - I’m guessing Ryan is pointing out that they’re unlikely to have got their tickets through loyalty points and have prob paid over the odds on resale sites. But he might be a massive racist for all I know tbf 

5 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

That’s a bit of a jump - I’m guessing Ryan is pointing out that they’re unlikely to have got their tickets through loyalty points and have prob paid over the odds on resale sites. But he might be a massive racist for all I know tbf 

That's exactly what I was trying to point out[emoji38] I'd probably say they were player/corporate tickets as they were all sat together. But yeah, the combat 18 meet last week was wicked, DM me if you want an invite to the next one.

7 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

6 hours ago, ryanegg said:

That's exactly what I was trying to point out[emoji38] I'd probably say they were player/corporate tickets as they were all sat together. But yeah, the combat 18 meet last week was wicked, DM me if you want an invite to the next one.

Yeah, could've been player's friends. Regardless there's going to be more people speaking forrin at our games because we'll become internationally recognised. It's the way it is and, imho, not a negative. Ticket wise. 

Edited by Groundhog63

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guessing there's a few in here who must hate this thread or have never done it. 

Had thought about launching myself into that thread every time someone moans about tourists and the forrin. got to be a few "This you" moments 

47 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guessing there's a few in here who must hate this thread or have never done it. 

I guess it kind of depends.

If we weren’t in the situation we are with tickets, where people are desperate for them, but can’t get them, there probably wouldn’t be the negativity towards perceived ‘outsiders’.

A ‘tourist’ taking a ticket that nobody else wants isn’t doing anyone any harm.

8 minutes ago, Sima said:

Also, different imo getting tickets in an away end as opposed to a home end.

Yeah, I mean however bad things have been, there’s always been demand for 90% of away games.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Yeah, could've been player's friends. Regardless there's going to be more people speaking forrin at our games because we'll become internationally recognised. It's the way it is and, imho, not a negative. Ticket wise. 

Of course, I agree it’s a positive myself to a certain extent. Just slightly unfair on season ticket holders with no points and genuine members wanting to go an away game. I suppose there’s always gonna be people missing out, but when there’s quite visibly a fair few day trippers going instead of genuine fans, it’s worth a discussion. 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Well it is when you pride your club on having some of the best away ends in the country

It would be better if the superfans on Twitter actually came up with a realistic solution, as opposed to demanding a return to select fans controlling tens of tickets and folk who don’t go piling up their loyalty points. The club are never going to agree to that, regardless of it happening in the past, and I doubt the home team and the PL would approve either.

Gone are the days of terrace, pissing in each others pockets to stay warm and climbing trees and floodlights to watch the game. Gone are the days of clubs not bothering about who is in each seat. It may be worse, but it’s not going back to the way it was, like it or not.

9 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

It would be better if the superfans on Twitter actually came up with a realistic solution, as opposed to demanding a return to select fans controlling tens of tickets and folk who don’t go piling up their loyalty points. The club are never going to agree to that, regardless of it happening in the past, and I doubt the home team and the PL would approve either.

Gone are the days of terrace, pissing in each others pockets to stay warm and climbing trees and floodlights to watch the game. Gone are the days of clubs not bothering about who is in each seat. It may be worse, but it’s not going back to the way it was, like it or not.

That’s a fair point.

There’s far too much pissing and moaning for the sake of it. Well, I say that, and then I also think people have the right to have the opinion that something is shit, whilst not really knowing what a viable solution is.

You’re completely right though that the club is never going to just ‘put it back’. Exactly like digital home ticketing, it’s here to stay, so people need to accept that, and think about ways that it can be changed to improve.

FWIW I actually think an eventual move to fully digital away ticketing will help. I reckon that free’s up the ability to transfer tickets in the manner you can with home tickets currently. Even if it’s no loyalty point involved and only a limited number of times a season.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

That’s a fair point.

There’s far too much pissing and moaning for the sake of it. Well, I say that, and then I also think people have the right to have the opinion that something is shit, whilst not really knowing what a viable solution is.

You’re completely right though that the club is never going to just ‘put it back’. Exactly like digital home ticketing, it’s here to stay, so people need to accept that, and think about ways that it can be changed to improve.

FWIW I actually think an eventual move to fully digital away ticketing will help. I reckon that free’s up the ability to transfer tickets in the manner you can with home tickets currently. Even if it’s no loyalty point involved and only a limited number of times a season.

Social media in a nutshell.