Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

1 hour ago, Earp said:

A mate bought a ticket from a third party ticketing site for last night's game. It turned out to be from a season ticket holder in the Leazes end. When he got to his seat the bloke next to him told him that the ST holder was ill and confirmed that he had sold his ticket back to the club. How then did this ticket end up on a third party site?

Tout signs up for membership and gets a ticket in the resale 

Tout sells ticket at inflated price and forwards the ticket download email to the punter

Or if the tout is a massively snidey cunt they could forward the email multiple times and take payment from loads of punters

But only one of the punters will actually get into the ground

Edited by bobbydazzla

Trying my luck on the ballots for Palace and Dortmund. If I get a ticket for the Palace game first, I might just book a trip from Friday till Thursday and cross my fingers I get tickets for Dortmund as well. Ahhhh. How I miss the old system :lol:

7 minutes ago, andyman said:

Trying my luck on the ballots for Palace and Dortmund. If I get a ticket for the Palace game first, I might just book a trip from Friday till Thursday and cross my fingers I get tickets for Dortmund as well. Ahhhh. How I miss the old system :lol:

Tbh, if you familiarise yourself with the resale element and all the F5’ing business you’ll get one in the week running up to Dortmund no bother if last night is anything to go by.

Wow. Maybe they're getting to grips a little bit. Already had email confirmation of a ticket for Palace.

I'd be interested to know if ballot entries have taken a nose dive due to frustration or just new season novelty wearing off. I've gone from 0/3 to 4/7. All section 2.

21 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Tout signs up for membership and gets a ticket in the resale 

Tout sells ticket at inflated price and forwards the ticket download email to the punter

Or if the tout is a massively snidey cunt they could forward the email multiple times and take payment from loads of punters

But only one of the punters will actually get into the ground

That's a bit shit 

On 05/10/2023 at 09:05, TBG said:

Wonder how many memberships have been sold off the back of last night.

Me and my mate were on the fence about getting one given how the system works and knowing someone with an In at the club who would sort tickets before that was clamped down on. 

I know the chances of getting a ticket is still slim, but I cannot risk not seeing Schar playing in midfield in person. 

I personally signed up yesterday morning - the atmosphere looked incredible on the TV, even at a slim chance of actually getting a ticket to a game I want to be in the hat. 

Anyone know how long it takes after buying a membership before you can enter ballots? The Dortmund one kept saying "you have no ballots you can enter" so assume there's a bit of a cool-down before you can start entering ballots to stop people signing up on-mass and immediately getting in?

17 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I personally signed up yesterday morning - the atmosphere looked incredible on the TV, even at a slim chance of actually getting a ticket to a game I want to be in the hat. 

Anyone know how long it takes after buying a membership before you can enter ballots? The Dortmund one kept saying "you have no ballots you can enter" so assume there's a bit of a cool-down before you can start entering ballots to stop people signing up on-mass and immediately getting in?

Think it's just a bug on the site mate, try logging out and log back in. 

i know 3 people who  paid £217 each for a ticket in the leazes for psg off a 3rd party site.

the digital tickets had the original punter's names on them.

surely the club just buys all the 3rd party tickets and bans/blocks the seat owners in future

51 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I had this too, but tried in a different browser with a private window and it worked straight away, so perhaps try that.

Managed to get two tickets for the Palace game :indi:

Some friends of mine and myself applied for several tickets for the Crystal Palace game.

Nearly all of them have been successful in category 2. But all who applied for category 1 had no success.

Was anyone of you successful with an application for cat 1?

On 04/10/2023 at 08:28, Unbelievable said:

So I want to go to the Palace game with my son as we will be over for the Lockwood Cup that weekend, and I want to give myself the best chance of actually landing tickets. This message on the website suggests that by selecting category 1 you have a better chance of being successful as you can also land a ticket in a lower price category: "IMPORTANT: Tickets can be allocated in any available category, and so if successful the total price of your application may vary. Prices shown are the maximum per price ticket." Has anybody been able to confirm if this is correct? Also does this include the family area? I'd be happy to go there, but since those tickets seem to be cheaper I'm afraid you wouldn't then enter the ballot for more expensive options. Is that correct?

Also on the phone a few weeks ago the box office told me there was a separate ballot for international membership holders, but that doesn't seem to be the case as far as I can see.

Bit of a clusterfuck this whole process :lol:

So in the end I bought four international memberships (wife, daughter, son and myself) and paired us as significant relationship members one adult to one child, i.e. my wife to my daughter and my son to myself.

For the Palace game I applied for two tickets for my son and me in the more expensive category 1, and two for my wife and daughter in category 2. If we could only get two my son and I would go, but if we got all four we'd all go. In the end we got my wife and daughter's tickets in Leazes level 7, which appears to be the family area rather than category 2 seats. No news on my own ticket application so I assume I have failed to land those category 1 tickets.

Which leads me to wonder what the above statement in italic actually means, and also what the categories actually mean? Also from this very little sample size it appears that category 2 applications, what with the seating area being much bigger and seemingly the family area being included in there too, might have a better chance of being successful than category 1.

I was told by the box office that there was a separate ballot for international members, but throughout the process I have seen no evidence of this whatsoever.

53 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i know 3 people who  paid £217 each for a ticket in the leazes for psg off a 3rd party site.

the digital tickets had the original punter's names on them.

surely the club just buys all the 3rd party tickets and bans/blocks the seat owners in future

Aye, would be a piece of piss and relatively inexpensive for the club to get the names of those touting tickets and block their accounts

Although with unlimited memberships and no need to demonstrate prior purchase history to get tickets, a professional tout could well be creating fake accounts and buying tickets on false names and addresses

As opposed to someone who actually goes to games but couldn't make it to the match and took the opportunity to fleece some cash out of their fellow fans

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, mondonewc said:

Think it's just a bug on the site mate, try logging out and log back in. 

43 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I had this too, but tried in a different browser with a private window and it worked straight away, so perhaps try that.

Managed to get two tickets for the Palace game :indi:

Thanks lads - this worked :D

26 minutes ago, tooooon said:

Some friends of mine and myself applied for several tickets for the Crystal Palace game.

Nearly all of them have been successful in category 2. But all who applied for category 1 had no success.

Was anyone of you successful with an application for cat 1?

As per my post on the next page, I was successful in cat2 and failed in cat1 too.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

The club have emailed me to say they have availability in the Wings hospitality area at £250+ VAT for the Palace game.

Sounds like it’s dropping in price from previous games then.

57 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Still nearly 11 hours left to run as well:

IMG_6934.jpeg

Find it difficult to believe there’s over 300 (that have seen this poll and voted) with a 7-8 success rate tbh