Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

0/4  [emoji38]

And I can't even go to the Brighton game, was just applying for a friend who would use my tickets

Just reinforces my theory that the club have black balled me in the ballot cos they know I've got legendary status in sorting out tickets via the member sale and resale

They don't want me to lose my incredible skills and end up becoming a has-been nobody on the ticket acquisition scene

Edited by bobbydazzla

27 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

We probably have 100k sold memberships and more than half of them will be touts with multiple accounts.

That's why everybody has such limited chance IMO. You're not in a fair game.

More than half? I mean, you could be right but how can we know? 

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

More than half? I mean, you could be right but how can we know? 

My mate bought one on eve of the season and his transaction number was around 75k.

Might mean nothing but sounds about right if some people were discouraged from previous year’s lack of success. Last year the club said we had just below half the membership that Borussia Dortmund have which is 200k.

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

0/4  [emoji38]

And I can't even go to the Brighton game, was just applying for a friend who would use my tickets

Just reinforces my theory that the club have black balled me in the ballot cos they know I've got legendary status in sorting out tickets via the member sale and resale

They don't want me to lose my incredible skills and end up becoming a has-been nobody on the ticket acquisition scene

:lol: quickfingers junior (me) is also 0/4.

Pretty annoying tbh - I can still usually manage in the resale but a) it's tedious AF, b) I'm generally limited to singles, c) the more convoluted system this year appears to have made resale harder :anguish:

Was easier to deal with last season when I was getting a few in ballot and could pick up others in resale but this is definitely harder work than it was. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

The world and club’s only going to get more digital though, not less at this point. If there’s no way to clamp down on digital touting then it’s really fucking shit. A ton of fans lose out for the benefit of a handful of people who are exploiting them. The club is neutral to it from a financial perspective but it has the potential to drive away fans if people are completely shut out from attending 

I don’t think the club are neutral to it, far from so. It means fans willingly pay a premium for tickets, with that premium going into someone else’s pockets rather than theirs.

3 hours ago, Earp said:

Ignore that - 0/4

Same. Don’t know what I can do different :( Go as a pair which must decrease chance odds, but going to need a good run of ballots to get close to a 1 in 3 chance.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

My mate bought one on eve of the season and his transaction number was around 75k.

Might mean nothing but sounds about right if some people were discouraged from previous year’s lack of success. Last year the club said we had just below half the membership that Borussia Dortmund have which is 200k.

I was 78,000 odd in the queue when I went on to get my membership at the beginning of last season. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we have 100k members and even if only half of those are applying for tickets that's 50,000 scrambling for probably 15k tickets maximum so you wouldn't be getting much better than a 1 in 4 chance. 

Actually come to think of it didn't Eales say last season that the average member had a 25% success rate in ballots.

The percentage will be something like 15-20% this season I reckon, with the tickets that have gone to general sale. 

I really only enter the ballot because it's there and I may as well, long since lost any expectations about winning. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I was 78,000 odd in the queue when I went on to get my membership at the beginning of last season. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we have 100k members and even if only half of those are applying for tickets that's 50,000 scrambling for probably 15k tickets maximum so you wouldn't be getting much better than a 1 in 4 chance. 

Actually come to think of it didn't Eales say last season that the average member had a 25% success rate in ballots.

Yep with a bit of sensible thinking off bits of info from club and accounts from friends I reckon we sold 50k first week of sales last season rising up to 90/95k.

This season just before 1st game of season I reckon we’d sold 75k at that point.

i reckon each home game there is approximately 14k tickets for sale. Split pretty much 50/50 in Ballot and General.

Edited by LFEE

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

:lol: quickfingers junior (me) is also 0/4.

Pretty annoying tbh - I can still usually manage in the resale but a) it's tedious AF, b) I'm generally limited to singles, c) the more convoluted system this year appears to have made resale harder :anguish:

Was easier to deal with last season when I was getting a few in ballot and could pick up others in resale but this is definitely harder work than it was. 

If you’re free to be in front of a few screens at 10am on a weekday then member general sale has been a piece of piss so far

In and out within 30 mins and plenty of seats to choose from, including pairs 

15 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

If you’re free to be in front of a few screens at 10am on a weekday then member general sale has been a piece of piss so far

Cheers mate, I did try once with no joy but will give it a go again next week :thup:

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

I think it was 30%, but as @AyeDubbleYoo says likely to be lower this season in order to facilitate the choosing of seats.

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I thought you had to be logged in now, preventing multiple browsers on one account?

15 hours ago, gbandit said:

The world and club’s only going to get more digital though, not less at this point. If there’s no way to clamp down on digital touting then it’s really fucking shit. A ton of fans lose out for the benefit of a handful of people who are exploiting them. The club is neutral to it from a financial perspective but it has the potential to drive away fans if people are completely shut out from attending 

Up until this season you could just send the ticket via email for our games, which was nuts. You didn't even need a membership. You could print the ticket out and as long as it had the barcode you could use it to get in. :lol: 

They're bringing in those ticketmaster barcodes from next season apparently.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Up until this season you could just send the ticket via email for our games, which was nuts. You didn't even need a membership. You could print the ticket out and as long as it had the barcode you could use it to get in. :lol: 

They're bringing in those ticketmaster barcodes from next season apparently.

My best pal is also a glory seeking arrogant entitled red vermin like you and at a game last season he turned up to his ST seat at OT and there was someone already sat in it, with a ticket that had the right seat number on but must have been a snide

The person had no idea is was a snide, they'd bought it off a 3rd party and it had got them into the ground but then they were booted out by the stewarts before kick off

Edited by bobbydazzla