Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

3 minutes ago, patrone said:

So what's the point of membership in that case?

Is the whole concept of membership to gain some kind of benefit over a non member ?‍♂️

I think the point is to have a modicum of control over who sits in your seats with the added pleasure of making a bit of coin out of it. 

The top and bottom of it is "legacy fans" appear to think they're entitled to superior treatment than other members who've all paid the same. 

They're clearly not tho. Not as far as the clubs concerned. 

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

I think the point is to have a modicum of control over who sits in your seats with the added pleasure of making a bit of coin out of it. 

The top and bottom of it is "legacy fans" appear to think they're entitled to superior treatment than other members who've all paid the same. 

They're clearly not tho. Not as far as the clubs concerned. 

So you agree, there's no longer any place for loyalty, regardless of how you describe it.

So where does this stop?

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

? I knew you knew. But that’s literally the only thing membership gets you! 

Apparently it also gives you a sense of superiority over others as well.

Especially the non legacy members and their new money ?? 

Just now, patrone said:

So you agree, there's no longer any place for loyalty, regardless of how you describe it.

So where does this stop?

No, it would appear that the club thinks there's no such thing as "legacy fans" with regard to non season ticket holders. 

Season tickets are a totally different subject. 

17 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

No, it would appear that the club thinks there's no such thing as "legacy fans" with regard to non season ticket holders. 

Season tickets are a totally different subject. 

Why are season ticket holders any different in the clubs eyes?

A member might have been buying tickets regularly for decades but for whatever reason didn’t have a season ticket. They might have lived abroad for instance.

Does that member deserve to be frozen out whereas a season ticket holder who only started going to games in Aug 2021 is given untouchable status ?

I’m not kicking off another “who’s the loyalest debate” just emphasising that if prior members are perceived as having no priority, what’s to stop the club going after ST holders seats too 

There’s already been stories on here this summer about ST holders having massive hassles with the club because they’re not willing / able to pay thousands to stay in their existing seats

Edited by bobbydazzla

26 minutes ago, Wandy said:

In a football stadium you need a base level of fans you can rely on in every game to help get the team through sticky patches. Again, this new system might just have removed that base level.

Like 25-30k season ticket holders for example? 

I can totally understand the frustration from any fan who may well get into SJP fewer times this season than they did last (I'm probably one of them) but I think a fair counter point would be - what's better for the club and the supporter base as a whole - two fans getting to see ten games each, or ten fans getting to see two games each?

The previous system locked out (or reduced the odds) for people who didn't realise there was going to be a cap on membership (unsurprising seeing as it wasn't mentioned at the time). It also heavily favoured people who could sit in front of a computer for an hour or so, debit card in hand, waiting to get to the front of a virtual queue (or knew people who could).

Personally I think the more fans that get to experience a live game at St James Park this season, the better. Maybe a few of them will be happy-clappy day-trippers, but there'll also be plenty who are going to be ready to go mental for 90mins because they know how fortunate they are to be sat there.

42 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Like 25-30k season ticket holders for example? 

I can totally understand the frustration from any fan who may well get into SJP fewer times this season than they did last (I'm probably one of them) but I think a fair counter point would be - what's better for the club and the supporter base as a whole - two fans getting to see ten games each, or ten fans getting to see two games each?

The previous system locked out (or reduced the odds) for people who didn't realise there was going to be a cap on membership (unsurprising seeing as it wasn't mentioned at the time). It also heavily favoured people who could sit in front of a computer for an hour or so, debit card in hand, waiting to get to the front of a virtual queue (or knew people who could).

Personally I think the more fans that get to experience a live game at St James Park this season, the better. Maybe a few of them will be happy-clappy day-trippers, but there'll also be plenty who are going to be ready to go mental for 90mins because they know how fortunate they are to be sat there.

The trouble with that is I'm not convinced it's the current ST holders who make the noise at SJP.

2 hours ago, patrone said:

So what's the point of membership in that case?

Is the whole concept of membership to gain some kind of benefit over a non member ?‍♂️

Adult Membership 

Digital Membership card

Priority access to tickets to home matches via a ballot - STRICTLY 1 TICKET PER MEMBER

No booking fee when purchasing tickets

Access to ticket re-sale opportunities

Access to two digital events with Club Legends and/or players (subject to availability, terms and conditions apply)

Access to streaming (where available)

Get 25% off food and beverage on matchday for the first 30 minutes after gates open

10% discount on drinks and 15% off food at Shearers Bar on non-matchdays

25% discount on stadium tours

Free hire of event space in Shearer’s (Once per season – terms and conditions apply)

4 minutes ago, patrone said:

Context not your thing then?

Well you seem to suggest that there was no point in memberships? So I’ve highlighted you get a lot more for your money.

So everything a ST holder gets maybe the context you are looking for. 

42 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well you seem to suggest that there was no point in memberships? So I’ve highlighted you get a lot more for your money.

So everything a ST holder gets maybe the context you are looking for. 

I was responding to the post before mine, it was rethorical

But I guess you knew that ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Why are season ticket holders any different in the clubs eyes?

It’s the same for every single club around that’s just the way it is

7 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Straw poll…..

Q1. Does anyone know people who consistently failed to get tickets since Oct 2021 and have now been able to get a ticket for Villa in the ballot ?

Q2. Does anyone know people who consistently succeeded to get tickets since Oct 2021 and haven’t been able to get a ticket for the Villa game ?

Maybe it’s the circles I move in but I don’t know anyone in group 1 and I know loads of people in group 2 

If it was a switch in process to make it fairer to access tickets, there should be loads of happy people in group 1 to balance out the loads of pissed off people in group 2 

I don't know any in group 1. I know 6 in group 2.

But I know 4 different individuals that couldn't care less about football never mind Newcastle until the takeover, who have tickets for villa...

7 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Straw poll…..

Q1. Does anyone know people who consistently failed to get tickets since Oct 2021 and have now been able to get a ticket for Villa in the ballot ?

Q2. Does anyone know people who consistently succeeded to get tickets since Oct 2021 and haven’t been able to get a ticket for the Villa game ?

Maybe it’s the circles I move in but I don’t know anyone in group 1 and I know loads of people in group 2 

If it was a switch in process to make it fairer to access tickets, there should be loads of happy people in group 1 to balance out the loads of pissed off people in group 2 

But I know 4 different individuals that couldn't care less about football never mind Newcastle until the takeover, who have tickets for villa...

6 hours ago, patrone said:

I don't see anyone expecting "superior treatment" at all, more just some recognition of loyalty to the club ?‍♂️

Where does it end, remove season ticket renewals and make everyone apply each season?

Might not be a bad shout… if only to stop people using the word ‘entitled’ at any given opportunity…

35 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Are they radgies ?

If not, do you have their addresses ?

Asking for a friend 

But seriously, there in lies the problem. Regular match goers have been frozen out and day trippers are taking their place.

Am genuinely intrigued by the atmosphere for Villa, I suspect it’ll be as flat as some of the cup games last year 

1 hour ago, TheDimpleboy said:

Grim. 

My pal has been to every home game without a season ticket. Doing the queue at 10am and he didn’t get tickets for villa in family section with his bairn.

My pal who has never been and lives in Swindon has become a member and entered the ballot with his bairn and is travelling up for villa game as he was successful.

My pal up here is slightly angry. Especially as I keep winding him up.

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Are they radgies ?

If not, do you have their addresses ?

Asking for a friend 

But seriously, there in lies the problem. Regular match goers have been frozen out and day trippers are taking their place.

Am genuinely intrigued by the atmosphere for Villa, I suspect it’ll be as flat as some of the cup games last year 

Nah it's ok, apparently it's good to have "new" fans 

Reading a few reports here of people who went to every game last season (myself included) not being successful and those who have been to very little/ no games getting tickets, I wouldn’t be surprised if the club have rigged the ballot to try to appear “fair”.

It’s at the expense of the atmosphere if they have and they’ll regret it if it transfers onto the pitch.