NUFC Twitter/YouTube

JonBez comesock

6 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Haven't followed the rights or the wrongs of this case but I do know she's a right annoying cunt who should be banned for them terrible songs ahead of anything else.

Whilst I'm at it, they wanna ban that fucking prick from Brizzle an'all with the hammed up geordie accent. Another cunt.

And fuck it, Pearson too.

In fact, any cunt producing video content for hits. Cunts. There's not a fucking likeable one amongst them. Pack of gimps.

Can we ban selfie sticks?

Personally they should be stoned to death if they are seen recording shit especially with the stick

I find them offensive and causes me great distress 

4 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

What if he wanted a burger from the burger van? You going to refuse him a burger?

Is he allowed to travel on the metro? It might be upsetting for people?

Is he going to be allowed to go for a pint?

In fact as soon as he comes off the train at central station should he be lynched then chopped up into small pieces and then fed to the pigs?

What are the limits? 

I've never heard anyone argue that a burglar, or a rapist, or a murderer, or a shoplifter should be broadly refused goods and services outside of the legal framework created to sentence them. There's an expectation that once they've served their sentence they will generally be able to participate in society like everyone else. I have no doubt whatsoever that there are at least hundreds of people at SJP every matchday who hold a criminal conviction. You might end up sat next to the bloke who nicked your granny's jewellery but you have no more right to demand his ejection from the ground than he has to demand yours.

But post views online that don't fit a particular prevailing orthodoxy at a particular time? Some people seem to think that's a much worse thing to do and should effectively be used to bar people who don't think the right things from public life. 

Very strange times we live in.

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I've never heard anyone argue that a burglar, or a rapist, or a murderer, or a shoplifter should be broadly refused goods and services outside of the legal framework created to sentence them. There's an expectation that once they've served their sentence they will generally be able to participate in society like everyone else. I have no doubt whatsoever that there are at least hundreds of people at SJP every matchday who hold a criminal conviction. You might end up sat next to the bloke who nicked your granny's jewellery but you have no more right to demand his ejection from the ground than he has to demand yours.

But post views online that don't fit a particular prevailing orthodoxy at a particular time? Some people seem to think that's a much worse thing to do and should effectively be used to bar people who don't think the right things from public life. 

Very strange times we live in.

Aye, granny was attached to that jewellery as well.

However, It makes up for when I set fire to his house for letting his dog shit on my lawn 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think that's slightly different and you know

Firstly, he isn't a fan but secondly and more importantly he's actively went up and down the UK spouting hate speech and has numerous criminal convictions

He’s said to be a fan of Luton Town, so it’s quite possible he could turn up today.

47 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

What if he wanted a burger from the burger van? You going to refuse him a burger?

Is he allowed to travel on the metro? It might be upsetting for people?

Is he going to be allowed to go for a pint?

In fact as soon as he comes off the train at central station should he be lynched then chopped up into small pieces and then fed to the pigs?

What are the limits? 

The burger van would be free to refuse to serve him or not, if they so wish.

The Metro are employing people who are kicking people off the trains who do this very thing.

Like the burger van, each pub would be free to allow him in or not.

Well no, private businesses refusing to serve people who have said offensive things is totally different to kidnapping, murder, and dismemberment.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s said to be a fan of Luton Town, so it’s quite possible he could turn up today.

As it happens he's banned from all football grounds so if he turns up he'll rightly be denied entry and/or arrested 

Banning people because of their opinion is ridiculous.

If she's an idiot, point out why. If she's a transphobe, point out why. If she's talking shite on social media, tell her on social media. If she's talking shite in public, tell her in public.

When terrorist sympathisers spout their shite in public...its illegal and I don't even agree with that.

Give them a big microphone, put them in the town centre and let them deal with the consequences of their words.

Banning people for things and cancelling people for their views is so counter productive. Like I say, give them a microphone and they will cancel themselves.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Banning people because of their opinion is ridiculous.

I’d gladly ban 90 per cent of posters on here for their shite football takes.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Case by case basis imo. 

Yeah I'd just about go along with that. Its very tricky though and the threshold should be higher. It takes a serious mind to draw that line carefully.

For me theirs a fine line between stupid/uneducated and hate speech/racism etc.

People start throwing the latter phrases around like sweets.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

She referred to them as ‘groomers’.  This is precisely what is meant by the term by trans-exclusionary radical feminists.  If I have to explain that you can describe the same thing in more than one way or have more than one word for it then I’d advise that you stay away from crosswords, as they will be a frustrating way to spend your free time.

edit: an old BBC article describing ‘grooming’ as precisely what I stated.  You can be as selective as you like mate, we’re just going to go round in circles. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7758292.stm

You said she had engaged in hate speech. This is false. What she said is legally protected speech. There’s no getting around that.

You said she had referred to “all transgender people as groomers”. This is false. You made that up because you’re not confident of the ground you’re arguing on.

Premier League clubs, and the Premier League itself, should not be in the business of extrajudicial policing of online speech. They should not be in the business of snooping on fans in real life because they suspect they’ve said problematic things on the internet. You no doubt hold lots of perfectly legal opinions that lots of other people find sincerely offensive. You shouldn’t be banned from St James’ Park as a result.

Let's take a vote at the next home game whether this lass should be banned eh?

lol.

I think a few of you talking big would be in a very small circle.

Go try your opinions out at the Percy Arms and let me know how it goes with the toon faithful, lmao.

[emoji38]

I don't know which post in particular Linzi was banned for, but she has posted a fair bit of material which goes well beyond the bounds of normal political discourse and could potentially tread into hate speech.

I'm not comfortable with clubs monitoring the social media activity of fans, but I struggle to have any sympathy for her.

Bottom line is, not one of us, unless you’re a Geordie Ned flanders, would not be in the dock at some point for saying something that may be deemed controversial. Human nature is that we’re the first to point the finger, especially on social media platforms when in reality the apple doesn’t fall far from the crumble…..I like apple crumble. 

The club have promoted themselves as being close in communication with fans, to listen and work with us (not that they have to). I mention this as I think on this occasion if they felt strongly about this then they could have reached out via NUST - I think that it’s a breech of civil liberties and discriminates against our own personal views particularly when we have owners…..yes, I’ve said this before, of a religion whose beliefs are against that whole community.

Edited by Geordie Boyo

17 hours ago, Hank Marvin said:

Let's take a vote at the next home game whether this lass should be banned eh?

lol.

I think a few of you talking big would be in a very small circle.

Go try your opinions out at the Percy Arms and let me know how it goes with the toon faithful, lmao.

[emoji38]

Drank enough times in the Percy to know that it wouldn’t be an issue at all.  I wouldn’t in the ‘toon disco’ upstairs post-match though - mainly because no cunt could hear what was being said in any case

13 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Drank enough times in the Percy to know that it wouldn’t be an issue at all.  I wouldn’t in the ‘toon disco’ upstairs post-match though - mainly because no cunt could hear what was being said in any case

Please record yourself in the Percy next time you're in, asking people whether you think this lady should be banned because she believes women don't have shlongs.

If you're interested in making it a series, I'd proffer the name 'The cock conundrum', 'Balls to this' or 'Sheamalerer!' - And I'd like to see the same question asked in the Black Garter, The Clock & The Butchers Arms in Byker.

I'm sure it'll be a balanced & nuanced debate with each party sensitive to the others concerns.

Namaste.

3 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Please record yourself in the Percy next time you're in, asking people whether you think this lady should be banned because she believes women don't have shlongs.

If you're interested in making it a series, I'd proffer the name 'The cock conundrum', 'Balls to this' or 'Sheamalerer!' - And I'd like to see the same question asked in the Black Garter, The Clock & The Butchers Arms in Byker.

I'm sure it'll be a balanced & nuanced debate with each party sensitive to the others concerns.

Namaste.

Oh, I’m under no illusions that I’d be in a minority of one.  But the implication that I’d get my head kicked in for holding that view?  Nah.

I’d have a hard job these days nipping in there tbf.  But I don’t doubt that the Garter and the Percy remain as robust as ever.  And I wouldn’t touch the Butchers Arms with yours :) 

1 hour ago, Hank Marvin said:

Namaste.

Haha

Don't go into Daily Mail pubs with your "I love Liniker" t-shirt on

🤡

30 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Haha

Don't go into Daily Mail pubs with your "I love Liniker" t-shirt on

🤡

Yeh the staunch bastions of fiscal conservatism that they are...

:lol: 

Edited by Hank Marvin

Anyone remember the @nufcfans twitter account from about ten years ago? Started off as a pretty standard news aggregator like @nufc360, but then slowly disappeared up their own arse and copped a load of shit for it.