Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We better not sign Mctominay 

Why, what are you going to do about it if we do? ;D

You lot are so funny man. Seems an Eddie Howe type of midfielder, with his size, speed and high intensity pressing. If he's on Howe's list, give the manager what he wants.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Why, what are you going to do about it if we do? ;D

You lot are so funny man. Seems an Eddie Howe type of midfielder, with his size, speed and high intensity pressing. If he's on Howe's list, give the manager what he wants.

Be disappointed in us giving Man Utd money for a bang average player ? 

And you can’t have seen much of him if you think his speed is an attribute, it his pressing since he’s never played in a pressing side.

Could we get McTominay without CL football? I imagine we would face stiff competition from the rest of the big 6 and the big boys on the continent.

Edited by Kimbo

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Be disappointed in us giving Man Utd money for a bang average player ? 

And you can’t have seen much of him if you think his speed is an attribute, it his pressing since he’s never played in a pressing side.

So according to you he is slow and doesn't press well yeah? 

You're the one that has no idea of what type of player he is.

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Could we get McTominay without CL football? I imagine we would face stiff competition from the rest of the big 6 and the big boys on the continent.

Don’t go there, plz. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Have you watched him or Man Utd in the last few years ? When has he or them played a pressing style ? I’m not sure what you are on about tbh.

I’m not saying he can’t press, but you can’t list it as a big attribute when he’s never been asked to do it.

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

We have Longstaff and Joelinton who are performing a similar role. We need to add quality in area so we don’t have to rely so heavily on Bruno. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

We have Longstaff and Joelinton who are performing a similar role. We need to add quality in area so we don’t have to rely so heavily on Bruno. 

Well that's down to the manager, and he should be allowed to build up the squad as he sees fit.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Well that's down to the manager, and he should be allowed to build up the squad as he sees fit.

Hopefully there’s a fair few others that are having their say. 

21 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He is fucking shit, and another one of those manu wankstain shit players that they rob other clubs from. Nah fuck signing more of their cast off players. We have been down that road before.

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Have you watched him or Man Utd in the last few years ? When has he or them played a pressing style ? I’m not sure what you are on about tbh.

I’m not saying he can’t press, but you can’t list it as a big attribute when he’s never been asked to do it.

Do you even know what pressing is? So you've never seen Man Utd or McTominay press and close down the opposition in any game? Are you serious? 

This is embarrassing man.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Do you even know what pressing is? So you've never seen Man Utd or McTominay press and close down the opposition in any game? Are you serious? 

This is embarrassing man.

I can’t be arsed getting in to it with you, you simply can’t accept anyone having a different opinion to you when it even slightly negative. Of course he or they close down during a game every player does but it isn’t a strength of his game. You also seem to think he has pace, yet he has recorded slower speeds than lindelof and Phil jones and was only slightly quicker than Matic when he was at Man Utd.

13 minutes ago, maze said:

Hopefully there’s a fair few others that are having their say. 

I'm sure there will be and their recommendations will largely be based on data.

Last season he played the most minutes he ever has in the premier league and his disruptive numbers stood out, and so if we're looking for another midfielder that is very active in breaking things up then he will have been flagged. I mean it would hardly be a surprise.

image.thumb.png.30e50d70c8e19be58fc7186e20404ee4.png

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I can’t be arsed getting in to it with you, you simply can’t accept anyone having a different opinion to you when it even slightly negative. Of course he or they close down during a game every player does but it isn’t a strength of his game. You also seem to think he has pace, yet he has recorded slower speeds than lindelof and Phil jones and was only slightly quicker than Matic when he was at Man Utd.

Fine lets not discuss this any further because I completely disagree with your assertion that he is slow and he doesn't press and close down players well.

I genuinely have no idea what you are watching if that is what you are seeing.

5 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Every single professional midfielder in the premier league can press the ball, I mean come on now. There’s a reason the very first thing ETH did was upgrade their midfield. 

I'm completely bored of this discussion. His break up numbers ,which I posted above, speak for themselves. 

If Howe does want him and does sign him, I'd be interested to see how he is used and what he gets out of him, and will not be over reacting beforehand. Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm completely bored of this discussion. His break up numbers ,which I posted above, speak for themselves. 

If Howe does want him and does sign him, I'd be interested to see how he is used and what he gets out of him, and will not be over reacting beforehand. Simple as that.

Think this is the key really. Our manager wants a player, whatever we happen to think of him, if we've learned anything it's that EH can coach and get performances out of anyone.

I’m not sure how buying a Manure reject is going to make us compete in the top 6? It has never worked out for us buying rejects from Manure. 

We need WAY better than what we got now. WAY better. McTominay is not that. He provides depth. That’s it imo. 

If we are buying from top 6 I’d rather look in to what Chelski has to offload in the summer. Their squad is superbloated. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They do in one season, if you check his full breakdown not so much. There are lots of red flags in his numbers and beyond that the eye test also applies. If Howe wants him that’s his choice, he’s not God and people are allowed to question it. All stats are fallible, see Chris Wood’s “headers won” stat.  

3BE2A3CB-3F02-4FDA-A887-D4AC9483F81B.png