Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

28 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Sterling hasn’t done much for his £££ 

Illustrates the problem of giving some players crazy money - the rest of the squad see it as a benchmark. Half the squad will look at Sterling and think I contribute more than him I want the same cash.

Agreed, he's not been as good as he was at City, but probably shouldn't have gone to Chelsea in the first place (hindsight, 20/20, in all that). Sterling has far better pedigree than Mount, regardless of age, which got him to the absurd wage. 

59 minutes ago, STM said:

Fair points.

I do agree with you in thinking Mount is a Howe player, but he's been first hand to the shitshow that is Chelsea and has that bias baked into his thinking. Reece-James and he both came through the academy, so I somewhat get where his head is at. 

Further emphasizes how terrible Chelsea are and have been for football. Fuck them.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

:yao:

Saw that yesterday. Wouldn't make much sense as we could have had him for less in the Summer and he's been disappointing. Would like to see us go mental on the likes of Maddison, Diaby and Sesko!

48 minutes ago, Paully said:

This Alex Scott who we’ve been linked with looks one hell of a player!

Very similar to David Brooks who Eddie signed from Sheffield United perhaps ? Can see why we would be after him looks an intelligent footballer with good movement.

Edited by Whitley mag

11 hours ago, Paully said:

This Alex Scott who we’ve been linked with looks one hell of a player!

Yeah, looks a talent. We may have a chance, because we'd progress his career quicker than the likes of Chelsea or Man City.

12 hours ago, sempuki said:

Saw that yesterday. Wouldn't make much sense as we could have had him for less in the Summer and he's been disappointing. Would like to see us go mental on the likes of Maddison, Diaby and Sesko!

Agreed. He’s starting to show his form but if they didn’t already try and sign him why would they now and as you say for more money. Maddison if we can get him seeds the ideal player with a number 6 to take us forward. 

Think this Summer Maddison will be the main target for that creative/attacking midfielder role. The Paqueta bus has been and gone now. Saw someone mention Sesko, isn't he already signed up with someone else for a Summer move? Want to say its RB Leipzig in one of those 'definitely not dodgy..' Red Bull to Red Bull transfers. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not as convinced as other that Maddison will be our number one target. 

There seems to have been too much background noise and reporting for him not to be one of the top targets for me. Seems exactly what we need etc. Only concern is a bit of a patchy injury record but I think he’d be an amazing signing. Him and Bruno working on the creative side with a number 6 sitting would be immense.

25 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

There seems to have been too much background noise and reporting for him not to be one of the top targets for me. Seems exactly what we need etc. Only concern is a bit of a patchy injury record but I think he’d be an amazing signing. Him and Bruno working on the creative side with a number 6 sitting would be immense.

Based on nothing at all, just pure gut, but I don't see him here. I think its London bound for him imo. Really rate him but just too much noise around it all for my liking.

I also rate Harvey Barnes from that side and would not mind us looking at him..but all depends on top 6 I suppose.

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Possibly, but it's also an easy link due to our previous bid. There's been a lot of discussion after the fact, that his agents led us to believe that he may well be available for a much lower price than he actually was.

His stock has risen since, so it'll be a competitive market for him this summer and he may well go for a price that we don't fancy paying. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Don’t worry this isn’t true and jac talbot knows fuck all about either ours or real Madrid’s transfer plans. 

The source is Mundo Deportivo, I have no idea if they're in the know. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they are monitoring Bruno. I'm sure most of the elite teams in Europe are. Its whether we'd even entertain an offer, and if he'd even be interested that are the actual questions. 

FWIW Real Madrid are the only team that scare me with Bruno. They still have huge pull, and I'm sure Bruno has mentioned that he used to follow them as a kid. 

Edited by sushimonster85

12 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they are monitoring Bruno. I'm sure most of the elite teams in Europe are. Its whether we'd even entertain an offer, and if he'd even be interested that are the actual questions. 

FWIW Real Madrid are the only team that scare me with Bruno. They still have huge pull, and I'm sure Bruno has mentioned that he used to follow them as a kid. 

Would totally get Madrid looking at him and this is why I'm keen for us to extend his contract and bump his wages up massively.