Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, saw that the other day. Looks like he will be at Burnley again on loan next season though. Not sure Man City will be looking to sell him.

Reports suggest city want to sell as he wont sign a new deal, not sure how true of course.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Reports suggest city want to sell as he wont sign a new deal, not sure how true of course.

Ah, right. That's interesting. Just had a look and he's going into the last year of his contract this summer now, and so he could well have to be sold if he doesn't want to sign.

Link makes a lot more sense now as he seems to have done really well for Burnley and is highly rated. Another possibility there then and the fee would not be crazy due to the circumstances.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, saw that the other day. Looks like he will be at Burnley again on loan next season though. Not sure Man City will be looking to sell him.

Interesting to see how Burnley cope next year when they are limited in the amount of domestic loans they are allowed and they'll have to focus their recruitment wider than just signing Belgium based players

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I love Zaha but he doesn’t seem to have the work rate of an Eddie Howe winger.  

He is very over ratted - on the day he can turn it on but he lacks consistency. 

2 minutes ago, duo said:

He is very over ratted - on the day he can turn it on but he lacks consistency. 

He’s been one if the best most consistent players outside the top 6 for the last few years.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s been one if the best most consistent players outside the top 6 for the last few years.

Consistent? How exactly?  He has scored 6 goals this season - that isn't a great return for a forward.

5 minutes ago, duo said:

Consistent? How exactly?  He has scored 6 goals this season - that isn't a great return for a forward.

He’s hit double figures in 3 of the last 4 seasons in an average Palace side who struggle to score goals. Dropped a bit this season but has missed large parts through injury.

59 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’d be happy enough just keeping Lascelles for now, if he’s happy in the role he’s currently performing. I might be totally clouded by optimism, though.

Think it could be at least a season too early to sign a Botman type who would probably expect to play every game fairly sharpish.

I don't mind Lascelles but I think we're asking for trouble if we're going to have to start relying on him to start games regularly, which we probably would do if we didn't sign someone else. For every Man City, where he was good, there's a Sheff Wed, where he was hopeless. Getting him out of the team was also very urgent business in Jan '22.

CB is arguably priority number one for me in the summer tbh. I think we can accept that our league campaign is probably going to take a hit next season given European involvement, but the thing that will impact harder is inadequate defenders coming in, moreso than less effective attackers, imo. One of Schar or Botman getting an early season injury wouldn't bear thinking about  

Obviously it would have to be someone who is prepared to compete. 

In terms of recruitment, we should try and look at things through this lense: "which injury would cost us the most?"

Right now Bruno is the player which is irreplaceable. We'd be a different prospect with someone who has anywhere near Brunos quality in the middle. It doesn't matter if DM or AM, just someone with real quality. Palhinha would be my choice.

After that, I think it's CB. We lose Schar or Botman and we are down to Burn or worse Lascelles. Therefore a RCB is next in line.

3rd on the list, I think we need to look for a striker/versatile forward. If Isak gets a layoff, we are down to Wilson on his own, with noone on the bench.

Look how many points we've gained from having impactful subs. We need a 3rd option.

1 hour ago, duo said:

Trippier staying fit has been massive for us - he leads the back line and is a huge creative force in attack.  

Seems to sit down and stretch his hamstring or calf at least once a game and I shit myself.

Edited by madras

I'm probably biased as a Croatian but I think Sutalo from Dinamo Zagreb would be a fantastic signing at RCB.

He is young (just turned 23), very modern centre back. Will probably go to RB Leipzig or a similar club for £20m pounds this year, and then be sold for £40-50m in a year or two so it would be smarter to buy him now. 

He's been excellent for our National team and for Dinamo in the UCL. Very similar to Schar playstyle wise, fantastic technique and very calm on the ball. Also faster than Schar, but also makes a mistake here and there which is to be expected from a young player. 

Don't think we'll sign him, he will probably go somewhere where he will be a guaranteed starter, but with us playing European football, we will have lot more minutes to give at centre back positions. 

Tierney makes so much sense in terms of a signing.  Younger Dan Burn type player who can play centre back and left back.  I know everyone will mention his injury record but i think players with versatility will be what we target in the summer

11 minutes ago, kocunar said:

I'm probably biased as a Croatian but I think Sutalo from Dinamo Zagreb would be a fantastic signing at RCB.

He is young (just turned 23), very modern centre back. Will probably go to RB Leipzig or a similar club for £20m pounds this year, and then be sold for £40-50m in a year or two so it would be smarter to buy him now. 

He's been excellent for our National team and for Dinamo in the UCL. Very similar to Schar playstyle wise, fantastic technique and very calm on the ball. Also faster than Schar, but also makes a mistake here and there which is to be expected from a young player. 

Don't think we'll sign him, he will probably go somewhere where he will be a guaranteed starter, but with us playing European football, we will have lot more minutes to give at centre back positions. 

Was it him alongside Gvardiol at the World Cup?

If so I really liked him and that's a great shout. Didn't realise he was so young.

Yes please!

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Was it him alongside Gvardiol at the World Cup?

If so I really liked him and that's a great shout. Didn't realise he was so young.

Yes please!

It was Lovren during most of the World Cup(most Croatian didnt like that decision but he played well so its hard to argue), he played only against Morocco in the 3rd player match. That match is probably the only one where we dominated, besides Canada in the group stage. 

He did play against France when we beat them in Paris in Nations League. He and Stanisic made Mbappe invisible. 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That rumour's been around for a while now. Looks like it will happen.

Looks like it might happen is probably saying too much :lol:

Hope it does mind. Not sure where or if correct but I read somewhere that he wants Arsenal move. Think I read RM too. We would be a very good next move for him like.

Edited by Ikon