Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, fair point. Maybe it's just a Premier League familiarity thing.

I’d agree with that rather than a nationality thing. 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Just very quickly off the top of my head ... Gallagher, Mount, Rice, Grealish, Ramsdale, Pickford have all typically got a hard time on here.

I mean these are all at the very least somewhere between solid to really good players. I just don't get it.

The more you see a player the more likely it is that you’ve seen him have a poor game (and if they’re your own nationality, you’ve seen them way more than other players). The old “familiarity breeds contempt” idea in practice, really.

Oh and possibly the stereotype of Brits being massive moaners in general may come in to play too :lol: .

Not sure what kind of fee they'd ask for but I'd much prefer a move for Eze than Gallagher if it was possible. Think he'd slot in brilliantly into our current system and could play centrally or wide. Probably only the previous injury is a red flag.

Tbh I'd probably even prefer him to Maddison.

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we did part with serious cash for Gallagher, there's no way that he's coming in as a squad player. 

I also couldn't care whether that cash is going to Chelsea, our own needs are far more important. 

But Chelsea repairing themselves affects us...

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yes indeed. He was another one.

I also noticed whenever we get linked with these players, there'll usually be someone mentioning Howe's Brexit Mags or something similarly strange.

I may have been guilty of that when we were linked with Gordon and spoke about his previous record at Bournemouth. But I legit watched a fair amount of Gordon (and have been right about him so far).

I only watch PL & CL. So I only talk about players in this division in detail. 

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

The more you see a player the more likely it is that you’ve seen him have a poor game (and if they’re your own nationality, you’ve seen them way more than other players). The old “familiarity breeds contempt” idea in practice, really.

Oh and possibly the stereotype of Brits being massive moaners in general may come in to play too :lol: .

Grealish & Rice are/were routinely good to great though. And have had good games against us too. No doubt if they were Spanish they would be higher rated.

Same as Nick Pope. Routinely great for Burnley.

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

We shouldn't be buying players like Gallagher and McTominay that aren't good enough for Chelsea and Man United, if they aren't good enough for them then they aren't good enough for us.

I'm not necessarily saying we should be buying these players, but I think we give these clubs way too much credit sometimes. I don't think a lot of them manage their players very well, and so a lot of talent slips through the cracks.

When it comes to British players (we do need them in the squad) I’d rather go for young guys that are ready to make the step up, like Brennan Johnson, Gibbs-White, Alex Scott, over guys that have had a chance at a top club already, then not looked good enough and found themselves on the “get rid” list (Gallagher and McTominay). 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It's definite anti-British sentiment among football fans.  It extends to players and coaches. It's not alone.

Not just in England as well but around the world there’s this idea that England produces overrated players. I disagree; I watch a lot of world football and England are top 3/4 imo for producing talent in numbers.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Not just in England as well but around the world there’s this idea that England produces overrated players. I disagree; I watch a lot of world football and England are top 3/4 imo for producing talent in numbers.

If Chelsea never get that transfer ban, we probably never see the likes of Fikayo Tomori, Reece James and Mason Mount come through like they did, or even Tammy Abraham who had a really good season that year too.

Watching their last few games, I think they have another gem on their hands in Lewis Hall at left back, but he's already got Cucurella and Chilwell ahead of him. I'd 100% be looking to snatch him up.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If Chelsea never get that transfer ban, we probably never see the likes of Fikayo Tomori, Reece James and Mason Mount come through like they did, or even Tammy Abraham who had a really good season that year too.

Watching their last few games, I think they have another gem on their hands in Lewis Hall at left back, but he's already got Cucurella and Chilwell ahead of him. I'd 100% be looking to snatch him up.

Think Cucerella is expected to be sold this summer 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

A few (poor) links emerging for us being interested in Tyler Adams from Leeds.

in there with some other names that get tossed around:

https://twitter.com/nbcsportssoccer/status/1663567925452652544?s=46&t=o213wZ3VkQnue4sonSgQAQ

He’s limited on the ball, which could preclude us from moving for him. But he’s relentless. I think Eddie would love his tenacity.

Just seen an article that says we had one of our scouts Mick Tait at the Coventry vs Luton game to scout Viktor Gyokeres.

What's really interesting, that I didn't realise, is that he was actually brought to the UK by Brighton under Ashworth at 18 years old, and they were the ones that sold him to Coventry.

Last twist is that he featured internationally for Sweden last year and played alongside Isak, who spoke well of him after the game and enjoyed playing with him.

Maybe one to keep an eye on, as a fairly priced third striker option with some upside to eventually take Wilson's place longer term, that will be happy to be part of the rotation in the meantime, as Wilson's fitness is unreliable.

Why is my newsnow feed filled with stories about the dippers being in talks for Bruno.. i mean i know it's bullshit, but is it just a campaign to try and unsettle him? Or agent hijinks to get a better contract?

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think Cucerella is expected to be sold this summer 

Wow! They're going to take a heck of a loss on him if so. Imagine his wages would be high too. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why is my newsnow feed filled with stories about the dippers being in talks for Bruno.. i mean i know it's bullshit, but is it just a campaign to try and unsettle him? Or agent hijinks to get a better contract?

It's contract time and so I think his agent is putting his name out there to apply pressure.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

We're flogging him to fund moves for McTominay and Gallagher.