Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I would be amazed if we signed Zaha, he's not an Eddie Howe type player and at 30 he's to old, to many links for Mctominay now from different sources for it not to be true.

There's no doubt we like him. Hopefully that pricetag is true and is enough to see us move on to other targets. Trust our scouting team to find our next Botman, Bruno, Isak. 

I am almost certain that McTominay will not be sold now.

He is still relatively young and is a club home grown player for Man United.

Also, ten Hag seems to favour him ahead of Fred and yesterday gave him more freedom to get forward, which suits him. 

He'll be staying put with them.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I am almost certain that McTominay will not be sold now.

He is still relatively young and is a club home grown player for Man United.

Also, ten Hag seems to favour him ahead of Fred and yesterday gave him more freedom to get forward, which suits him. 

He'll be staying put with them.

I'm taking your word for it, and holding you accountable otherwise!

5 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

I'm taking your word for it, and holding you accountable otherwise!

:lol:

It just makes too much sense for them to keep him.

On top of that, with how we are doing this season they especially would not want to sell to us, unless they feel that they can rip us off, and we will not go for that.

And I say this as someone that can see him fitting in very well under Howe and his setup. I don't dislike his game as much as a lot of you seem to.

My main fear is that we accidentally buy a dickhead who disrupts the amazing squad ethic we have got going on here. 

I’m pretty certain that’s a huge part of Eddie’s transfer strategy though so it’s probably unlikely, but it’s a fear nonetheless. 

Not a rumour but a suggestion of sorts: Lewis Dunk.

Hear me out...

If we can't get a "top target" for the RCB role. I.e a young player to come in and compete with Schar and eventually take his place, we could do the opposite and sign an experienced player who's been outstanding this season.

Dunk is a better CB than Dan Burn, he's experienced, excellent on the ball, another absolute unit, plays in a very similar system and wouldn't cost alot of money.

It would be effectively kicking the CB can down the road for a season but it would allow us to keep our powder dry if there are financial constraints.

Before anyone goes wild, it's just a different suggestion/strategy to explore.

He’s quality, I thought we’d go for him in the first January but we got Burn instead. Think we were strongly after him way back when Hughton was here weren’t we?

Dunk is great but CB isn’t a position you want to be willingly shifting about too much and they’re next to useless as subs for the most part. Either him or Schar would be sitting on the bench for most of the season.

Signing a defender slightly past it I would get like, but Dunk isn’t near that stage yet.

I’d be happy enough just keeping Lascelles for now, if he’s happy in the role he’s currently performing. I might be totally clouded by optimism, though.

Think it could be at least a season too early to sign a Botman type who would probably expect to play every game fairly sharpish.

40 minutes ago, STM said:

Not a rumour but a suggestion of sorts: Lewis Dunk.

Hear me out...

If we can't get a "top target" for the RCB role. I.e a young player to come in and compete with Schar and eventually take his place, we could do the opposite and sign an experienced player who's been outstanding this season.

Dunk is a better CB than Dan Burn, he's experienced, excellent on the ball, another absolute unit, plays in a very similar system and wouldn't cost alot of money.

It would be effectively kicking the CB can down the road for a season but it would allow us to keep our powder dry if there are financial constraints.

Before anyone goes wild, it's just a different suggestion/strategy to explore.

He's the same age as Fabian Schar though, so not sure I understand the thinking.

Also, Brighton are likely to ask for a fee that is likely to be similar to what we will spend on a younger CB.

I think we'll just spend to get in Botman's future partner. We've been linked with Danso at Lens (who is home grown as he was at MK Dons when he was younger) and Djalo at Lille who played with Botman when he was there. Both would cost around £20 million to £30 million I imagine.

Edited by KaKa

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Dunk is great but CB isn’t a position you want to be willingly shifting about too much and they’re next to useless as subs for the most part. Either him or Schar would be sitting on the bench for most of the season.

Signing a defender slightly past it I would get like, but Dunk isn’t near that stage yet.

Likely going to be in Europe and so we could definitely do with a younger CB to rotate with Schar as he is getting on now.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Was thinking he would cost less than 20m. A young CB of Botmans ilk is going to cost 30+ IMO.

Can't see Brighton selling him for less than £20 million.

Add another £10 million to that and we could easily find another younger CB in the Botman mould on the continent.

Danso, Djalo, Lacroix just some examples that have been linked to us at around that £30 million price.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

He's 31, we are going to have to rotate our squad massively next year with European football. He'd get loads of games. 

Aye but you’re still creating a situation with 2 of the best centre backs in the Premiership competing. It’s exactly what you want on paper but I don’t know if it’s as easy to pull off in reality.

An ageing defender who’s lost his place in a good side I could see.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

In terms of young CBs we are being quite strongly linked with Taylor Harwood-Bellis from city, had impressed on loan at Burnley this season by all accounts.

Yeah, saw that the other day. Looks like he will be at Burnley again on loan next season though. Not sure Man City will be looking to sell him.

Just now, Jack27 said:

We could probably get Roger Ibanez for 20m if big Jose wants to do us a favour

That's another guy we've actually been linked with too. We seem to be looking at a lot of those younger right footed CBs and a good number seem to be available for a decent fee that isn't extortionate.