Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

They're generally not deed y'knaa.  They can get another job.

Footballers are notoriously well educated tbf

Just the non-Irish ones. /Disco

Of course but nothing where they can earn the same amount.

My point is simple. I can't begrudge footballers chasing money, their career is short and one bad injury could end it all.

Remind me how much Henry is on a year at Sky?

My point is simple. I can't begrudge footballers chasing money, their career is short and one bad injury could end it all.

Aye can't wait for Papa Souare to rock up on MNF next week

He'd probably do a better job :lol:

He'd probably do a better job :lol:

:lol: :thup:

I think the fact he couldn't cut it in the Championship gives you all the evidence you need...

In his one full season he took Bristol City to the Wembley play-off final so evidence doesn't seem that shabby but will take your word for it if you watched him play down there.

:lol: :pow: I can just remember Leeds fans saying he was s****. The stats are rubbish n all.

As long as I know I'm debating his merits with someone else who's not seen him play then I'm comfortable with that :lol:

More Garth, from Mediawatch :lol:

‘What a ball for Diego Costa to score. I don’t know what was better, Costa’s movement in order to offer the invitation for David Luiz to attempt the 40-yard wonder ball or the sheer audacity and precision of the pass. I suppose the movement combined with the chest trap made it for me.

‘The last time I saw a centre-back put a centre forward in on goal so well or so deliberately was Bobby Moore in the World Cup final in 1966. It was just masterful. As a former player I saw defenders try something like that but seldom did it work.

‘I even played with defenders who would not have given a moment’s thought to attempting such an adventurous manoeuvre for fear of ridicule. That was left to the midfield players – providing you had one that could pass, of course.

‘It’s great to see world-class defenders producing world-class moments.’

So, who wants to break the bad news to Garth Crooks?

Even leaving aside Crooks’ clear bullying of Cesc Fabregas, his BBC team of the week is quite something. From describing Gary Cahill’s own goal for Chelsea against Manchester City as ‘an excellent finish’ with absolute seriousness, to claiming that Crystal Palace are ‘punching above their weight’ in 13th, it is a rollercoaster from start to finish.

The highlight might just be Crooks insisting that he would have preferred Tottenham to draw with Chelsea last week and beat Swansea 2-0 this, as opposed to losing to the Blues and thrashing the Swans. The reasoning seems obvious, yet Crooks is insistent that he has to explain.

‘We’ve all seen what happens when Spurs fancy it – they can be devastating. However, I would have preferred a draw against Chelsea last week and a comfortable 2-0 victory, as opposed to a swashbuckling win, against Swansea. My reasoning is this: I’m tired of being continuously led into a false sense of being optimistic about the title by a Tottenham team that destroys the lesser outfits yet suffers from stage fright when the bigger clubs come along.’

Just stick with ‘four points are better than three’ next time.

More Garth, from Mediawatch :lol:

‘What a ball for Diego Costa to score. I don’t know what was better, Costa’s movement in order to offer the invitation for David Luiz to attempt the 40-yard wonder ball or the sheer audacity and precision of the pass. I suppose the movement combined with the chest trap made it for me.

‘The last time I saw a centre-back put a centre forward in on goal so well or so deliberately was Bobby Moore in the World Cup final in 1966. It was just masterful. As a former player I saw defenders try something like that but seldom did it work.

‘I even played with defenders who would not have given a moment’s thought to attempting such an adventurous manoeuvre for fear of ridicule. That was left to the midfield players – providing you had one that could pass, of course.

‘It’s great to see world-class defenders producing world-class moments.’

So, who wants to break the bad news to Garth Crooks?

Even leaving aside Crooks’ clear bullying of Cesc Fabregas, his BBC team of the week is quite something. From describing Gary Cahill’s own goal for Chelsea against Manchester City as ‘an excellent finish’ with absolute seriousness, to claiming that Crystal Palace are ‘punching above their weight’ in 13th, it is a rollercoaster from start to finish.

The highlight might just be Crooks insisting that he would have preferred Tottenham to draw with Chelsea last week and beat Swansea 2-0 this, as opposed to losing to the Blues and thrashing the Swans. The reasoning seems obvious, yet Crooks is insistent that he has to explain.

‘We’ve all seen what happens when Spurs fancy it – they can be devastating. However, I would have preferred a draw against Chelsea last week and a comfortable 2-0 victory, as opposed to a swashbuckling win, against Swansea. My reasoning is this: I’m tired of being continuously led into a false sense of being optimistic about the title by a Tottenham team that destroys the lesser outfits yet suffers from stage fright when the bigger clubs come along.’

Just stick with ‘four points are better than three’ next time.

The man is mentally ill.

:lol: :pow: I can just remember Leeds fans saying he was s****. The stats are rubbish n all.

As long as I know I'm debating his merits with someone else who's not seen him play then I'm comfortable with that :lol:

It's Yorkie, dude. If we restricted his posts to what he actually knew about he'd confined to the Chat section, enthralling us with more tales of his colourful personal life.