Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

In all seriousness, the only thing that will propel Neymar to the top is Messi and Ronaldo's aging process, because he'll never get to that level while he's in that league.

Don't see how any active player at the moment can reach any of those two anyways. One is from another planet and the other one is machine made.

Tell that to Neymar.

In all seriousness, the only thing that will propel Neymar to the top is Messi and Ronaldo's aging process, because he'll never get to that level while he's in that league.

Don't see how any active player at the moment can reach any of those two anyways. One is from another planet and the other one is machine made.

Tell that to Neymar.

Pretty sure he's aware of that, however like you said, both are getting older so his chance will come in two years or so and he might as well stop being Messi's bitch and have a bitch a la Dani Alves instead in order to develop even further.

Guest firetotheworks

Tell that to Neymar.

Pretty sure he's aware of that, however like you said, both are getting older so his chance will come in two years or so and he might as well stop being Messi's bitch and have a bitch a la Dani Alves instead in order to develop even further.

I can't say that I know his motivation, but the whole moving out of Messi's shadow thing is weird to me. I just presumed it was because he wanted to get the personal plaudits.

Personally the one to take over from Messi and Ronaldo probably doesn't exist yet, I suspect both will go another 5 years so the likes of Neymar will be approaching 30 then anyway.

In the sense as there's no one that will exceed what they've achieved, but I'm pretty sure there will be someone take over from both of them while they're still active.

Guest firetotheworks

There's a good chance Messi and Ronaldo could burn out, but I think both will be able to adapt their games to stay at the very top level. I'm convinced that Messi will end up playing in deeper role similar to Xavi, but he might not even need to.

If PSG win the champions league and Brazil the world cup Neymar will probably win the Ballon D'or

Even if that happens I doubt it, it's a popularity award. To use an example one of Ronaldo's came in the year Bayern won the treble and Madrid went trophyless.

Bayern didn't have a star man though. They just had loads of brilliant players but no one superstar

If PSG win the champions league and Brazil the world cup Neymar will probably win the Ballon D'or

Even if that happens I doubt it, it's a popularity award. To use an example one of Ronaldo's came in the year Bayern won the treble and Madrid went trophyless.

Bayern didn't have a star man though. They just had loads of brilliant players but no one superstar

Would still rather give it to one of those players than a man who scored loads of goals against bad opposition.

They'll find a way to give it to Messi or Ronaldo like they always do even though they don't always deserve it.

Guest firetotheworks

Popularity award is wrong imo. It used to be that they'd give it to players in teams that had achieved things, regardless of their status in terms of being the best footballer in the world - Cannovaro is the obvious example of that. It's a contentious issue, but for me the Ballon D'or should always be given to the player who's been the best footballer in the world that year, regardless of anything else. As things stand there are really only two choices and that has nothing to do with their popularity imo.

There's a good chance Messi and Ronaldo could burn out, but I think both will be able to adapt their games to stay at the very top level. I'm convinced that Messi will end up playing in deeper role similar to Xavi, but he might not even need to.

He works less and less every season, with runners around him. I mean he's still amazing, but the team is built to to allow him to do what he does without having to worry about much else... as it should be!

Guest Howaythetoon

No-one will get close to Messi or Ronaldo for another 20 years or so and I doubt we'll ever have two players of that level together again. Neymar is a great player, but he's several levels below those two and always will be. I'd far rather have Suarez!

No-one will get close to Messi or Ronaldo for another 20 years or so and I doubt we'll ever have two players of that level together again. Neymar is a great player, but he's several levels below those two and always will be. I'd far rather have Suarez!

:thup:

By choosing to please his own ego & wallet, Neymar has virtually assured it that he'll never reach their levels by playing in that shite league.

Guest Howaythetoon

By choosing to please his own ego & wallet, Neymar has virtually assured it that he'll never reach their levels by playing in that s**** league.

You would always want to be the best you can or should be, but football is a team game and given how good he is already, I personally if it was me, would want to play for the best team and with the best players and play my part in winning as much as I could. Footballers and egos though...

I could buy into his desire for a new challenge and PSG is no backwater club in a backwater league, its a decent standard, great City and a big club in modern terms, but it now all seems to be about him and him only and as a result he can fuck off. I honestly hope he sustains an injury that basically makes him an ordinary player.

By choosing to please his own ego & wallet, Neymar has virtually assured it that he'll never reach their levels by playing in that s**** league.

You would always want to be the best you can or should be, but football is a team game and given how good he is already, I personally if it was me, would want to play for the best team and with the best players and play my part in winning as much as I could. Footballers and egos though...

I could buy into his desire for a new challenge and PSG is no backwater club in a backwater league, its a decent standard, great City and a big club in modern terms, but it now all seems to be about him and him only and as a result he can f*** off. I honestly hope he sustains an injury that basically makes him an ordinary player.

It's all about him because of the media? Or is it all because of him because of the clash with Cavani in game? Don't see anyone wishing Cavani sustaining an injury when he did the exact same thing.

Emery confirms Cavani will remain first choice on pens :smugdog:

It's not like he hasn't been it already. He has taken 5 out of 5 this season. The same way Neymar is the #1 freekick taker and Cavani asked for one and reacted disappointed when he wasn't allowed to take it. Media has made a big story out of rumours that they had a huge bust-up in the dressing room regarding this.