Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/true-faith-dont-talk-to-the-sun/

Yesterday we were contacted by The Sun, which is an alleged newspaper.

Please see below for their e-mail to us and our response.

True Faith will have absolutely nothing to do with The Sun and neither will any decent football supporter.

Don’t Buy The Sun

Justice For The 96

Don’t contact us again

Michael Martin, Editor, true faith, Newcastle United Fanzine

——– Original message ——–

Date: 11/04/2017 11:28 (GMT+00:00)

To: [email protected],

Cc: “Harper, Rory” @the-sun.co.uk>

Subject: WANTED: NEWCASTLE FANS WITH PRE-GAME RITUALS

Hi there,

I’m writing to you from The Sun Football team. We’re currently putting together a series of videos that focus on football fan’s pre-game superstitions – the stranger the better. Lucky pants, the same meal in the same cafe etc… At the moment we’re specifically looking for Newcastle United fans with pre-game rituals.

As a well known NCFC fanzine, I wondered if you, or any of your Newcastle supporting friends have any interesting superstitions you’d like to share?

We’re heading up to Newcastle this Friday (14th April) to start filming fans in the build up to the Leeds game.

The finished videos will be posted on The Sun Football Facebook page which currently has over 3 million likes. It will also be shared on the Talksport website.

If you think you know anyone that could help, or want to know more information,please get in contact. Either via email, or feel free to call me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dan Rhodes

The TF are not exactly ones to take the moral high ground. The fanzine is full of ex hooligans who's still fantasise about hooligan culture.

I'd have invited them up with the promise of really zany, but unspecified, pre-match rituals only to show them really mundane stuff.  "Before a match, I like to make sure I have my season ticket.  I always put it in my jacket pocket.  And I like to double-check that it is in my jacket pocket just before I leave my house.  I do that before every game, it is a lucky ritual of sorts."

True Faith will have absolutely nothing to do with The Sun and neither will any decent football supporter.

Don’t Buy The Sun

Justice For The 96

Don’t contact us again

——– Original message ——–

Hi there,

I’m writing to you from The Sun Football team. We’re currently putting together a series of videos that focus on football fan’s pre-game superstitions – the stranger the better. Lucky pants, the same meal in the same cafe etc… At the moment we’re specifically looking for Newcastle United fans with pre-game rituals.

As a well known NCFC fanzine, I wondered if you, or any of your Newcastle supporting friends have any interesting superstitions you’d like to share?

We’re heading up to Newcastle this Friday (14th April) to start filming fans in the build up to the Leeds game.

The finished videos will be posted on The Sun Football Facebook page which currently has over 3 million likes. It will also be shared on the Talksport website.

If you think you know anyone that could help, or want to know more information,please get in contact. Either via email, or feel free to call me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks,

Dan Rhodes

The TF are not exactly ones to take the moral high ground. The fanzine is full of ex hooligans who's still fantasise about hooligan culture.

Paully?

I'd have invited them up with the promise of really zany, but unspecified, pre-match rituals only to show them really mundane stuff.  "Before a match, I like to make sure I have my season ticket.  I always put it in my jacket pocket.  And I like to double-check that it is in my jacket pocket just before I leave my house.  I do that before every game, it is a lucky ritual of sorts."

:lol: could have been some comedy gold in there, if you could maintain a straight face, deadpan delivery and air of stereotypical stupidity.

Oz meets Rowan Atkinson persona: "When I was a kid, like, ah had a geet unlucky trip to the groond. I didn't put me ticket in me poke an' when ah got there, well, they wouldn't let me in, like! The lads lost anarl."

Perplexed YTS cub scum: "So... people can sometimes develop really zany superstitions and rituals after an experience like that. Really mad. Out there, you know?"

Oz meets RA: "Reet. Well. Ah aalways put it in me pocket, like. Noo."

"Ok... Do you get dressed in a certain order? Say anything go to yourself? Have a lucky breakfast? Have you had the same undies on since then? Travel a particular way to the match? Anything like that?.

"Nah."

"Anything else? Anything?"

"Ah pat me pocket, like."  :lol:

Don’t Buy The Sun

Justice For The 96

Don’t contact us again

——– Original message ——–

Hi there,

Many thanks,

Dan Rhodes

They would have caused  Hillsborough then according to that shitrag.

'Before every match I put my socks on before my trainers, it's just tradition now'

:lol: "Ah, aallways put me left one first anarl ... well nearly aallways... mostly.... I think it's left first... at least some of the time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39603942

Columnist Kelvin MacKenzie has been suspended by The Sun after he expressed "wrong" and "unfunny" views about the people of Liverpool.

In an article published on Friday, MacKenzie compared Everton midfielder Ross Barkley, who has a grandfather born in Nigeria, to a "gorilla".

He said men with similar "pay packets" in Liverpool were "drug dealers".

Merseyside Police are investigating whether his comments constitute a "racial hate crime".

The Sun apologised "for the offence caused" and added that it was "unaware of Barkley's heritage".

In a statement of his own, MacKenzie reiterated the latter sentiment, adding that it was "beyond parody" to describe the column as "racist".

In the article, which has since been taken off the newspaper's website, former editor MacKenzie said:

Barkley is "one of our dimmest footballers", also calling him "thick".

His eyes make him "certain not only are the lights not on, there is definitely nobody at home", adding: "I get a similar feeling when seeing a gorilla at the zoo."

Men with similar "pay packets" in Liverpool are "drug dealers" and in prison.

Alongside the article, The Sun published adjoining pictures of Barkley and a gorilla on their website with the caption "Could Everton's Ross Barkley represent the missing link between man and beast?" The picture was later removed.

Don’t Buy The Sun

Justice For The 96

Don’t contact us again

——– Original message ——–

Hi there,

Many thanks,

Dan Rhodes

Good on them

'Before every match I put my socks on before my trainers, it's just tradition now'

Sorry lads I think tonight was all my fault, tried to risk it and put my trainers on first.

:lol: "Daniel, you still up for a trip up North? Think we have a live one..."

Guest neesy111

The gorgeous irony of Kelvin McKenzie potentially falling on his sword for an article about people from Liverpool. Fucking arsehole.

:thup: