Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

f***. Off

:lol: You're one of us, George?

Your Northern Neighbours (hopeless in soccer), but I was massively cheering for elimination of Mexico.

And well, had a quadruple accy bet on Serbia, Romania, Costa Rica, and Panama @ 18.

I'm probably as devastated as people of Panama now. WHAT THE f*** was that....Keep the ball on the ground. Don't cross. If Bob was still managing, I'm certain he would have made sure US won't win it. f***ing Klinsmann

Give Mexico false hope and the Kiwis to shock them; be even better.

Would not be surprised, Mexico have reached incredible levels of ineptitude this qualification. I used to afraid we wouldn't qualify for one tournament in my lifetime, but judging by that we would need to make a real mess of it to not at least get a playoff. Mexico do not deserve this at all.

Anybody expecting us to beat the Mexicans is going to be very disappointed. We might, might score a goal in Wellington. But at the Azteca, it'll be a slaughter. Our form has been absolute garbage and other than Reid our defence is non-existent.

Actually kind of gutted when I saw the US score the winner.

Brad Davis has just punched his ticket to Brazil. Two sublime crosses. That Zusi header was pure sex.

As much as I despise Mexico, it wouldn't be a World Cup without them there. Feel bad for Panama though, this is the best team they've had in years. The Dely Valdes brothers have done a remarkable job to get them this far.

The Mexicans owe us, this won't stop them from throwing p*ss on our fans but they f***ing owe us. Feel awful for some of those fans and players though but anyway, happy we won - that's the result good sides get no matter what.

Worst part is they repackage all that p*ss and sell it as Corona. We can't win.

:spit:

Anybody expecting us to beat the Mexicans is going to be very disappointed. We might, might score a goal in Wellington. But at the Azteca, it'll be a slaughter. Our form has been absolute garbage and other than Reid our defence is non-existent.

I'll be pulling for you lot. I loved watched NZ at the last WC, just a scrappy, no-nonsense team. Undefeated too. :lol:

Please bring Simon Elliot out of retirement.

Nah, have no desire what-so-ever to see Mexico in the World Cup. They are our biggest rivals and nothing makes me happier to have won our group, and beat them in the process. Hopefully NZ embarrasses them in the 2 leg playoff.

Just watching the highlights. Panama player's reactions :lol::lol: they can't understand why you scored

I have the same question. It makes sense to work hard and ensure of the tie and earn your place, but when it gets to minute 92 and everyone involved qualifies if you just pass the ball among the back four, scoring just seems unnecessary.

It is also nonsensical how easy Mexico's path is. They win 2 of 10 and live. Egypt wins 7 out of 8 and dies :lol:

Just watching the highlights. Panama player's reactions :lol::lol: they can't understand why you scored

I have the same question. It makes sense to work hard and ensure of the tie and earn your place, but when it gets to minute 92 and everyone involved qualifies if you just pass the ball among the back four, scoring just seems unnecessary.

It is also nonsensical how easy Mexico's path is. They win 2 of 10 and live. Egypt wins 7 out of 8 and dies :lol:

True, it's wildly unfair. If Mexico had a playoff against almost any other region, I'd lock them to lose. They've been horrible all year.

It's got nothing to do with audience potential etc for the tournament, obviously, FIFA is absolutely straight as we all know.;)

Isn't NZ master at grinding out 0-0s ?

I think if your lot avoid conceding early at Azteca, you may be able to frustrate them. Mexico seem very vulnerable to set pieces and I think NZ can pick them out on that. But then, I'm just being optimistic and rooting for NZ, because I have a lot of Kiwi mates. Anyways, all the best !!

as for Panama, they are spineless. You are 2-1 up, 2 minutes to go...all good. and yet their coach leaves 4 players in US half when US are attacking. Fuck that man !! park the bus and see the game out. I can't believe how open Panama were after going up 2-1. Bosnia played it fantastically after going 1-0 up. just stopped being ambitious and shut the shop. Panama on the other hand, were still going through motions. Manager to blame for me.

Panama's goalie shouldn't have played dead for 3 minutes as well, a ton of their decisions via attacking and time wasting were probably the worst times to do it. Should have time wasted when the ball was in play. Should have not attacked the way they did when they were up 2-1.

Those players on the pitch for USA aren't first choice, they're all fighting for any available spots in the squad next year. Any good impression made can count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1XhaBT45I

:lol: :lol:

"We luv u forreva and eva!"

I don't speak Spanish but according to a commenter on Deadspin, this was the translation:

"GOOOOAAAAAAL The US of A PUTS us in the playoffs!!!!!" USA!

"It is because of the USA that we are being placed in the playoff ...BECAUSE OF THEM , NOT DUE TO YOU..NOT ANY OF YOU in the green shirts ....IT WAS THEM!!.NOT YOU!..THEY DID IT!!!!!NOT YOU! remember this forever..... KEEP THIS CLEARLY IN MIND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES! You do NOTHING for the shirt, you do NOT put the effort, you have NOTplaced us in the playoffs , you HAVE NOT placed us in the WORLD CUP ..YOU WOULD NOT HAVE KEPT US ALIVE....IT WAS ESTADOS UNIDOS, NOT YOU.! .NOT YOU AND YOUR ARROGANCE/CONCEIT.....NOT YOU AND YOUR INFAMY....NOT YOU AND YOUR MORONS/PUNKS....

"IT IS A FAILURE.....and UNDESERVED -to go through to the playoff- WE HAD NO ARGUMENTS to earn the playoffs, THE USA, WITH SUBS , WITH MANY SUBS as the visiting team shows us once again what the USA is all about ....how to play the game with dignity, how to approach the sport..Mexico is a horror, just terrible....A FAILURE....

THE USA HAS SURPASSED US ..They are better than Mexico in SOCCER ....THEY EVEN HAVE THE LUXURY OF PLAYING THEIR SUBS and KEEPING US LIVE.... I hope our coach wears the pants and resigns..He has failed as coach...."

Ouch.