Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

An all eastern US and Eastern Canada final would be fine by me. I was thinking by co-hosting, Canada would actually qualify (hell it may even help their development for the game). The US is too big as it is for the travel/cost for average fans and adding a massive country like Canada only makes this worse. So why not regionalize it? I would prefer the West Coast or Cascadia because yeah I believe the crowds and the weather are better.

An all eastern US and Eastern Canada final would be fine by me. I was thinking by co-hosting, Canada would actually qualify (hell it may even help their development for the game). The US is too big as it is for the travel/cost for average fans and adding a massive country like Canada only makes this worse. So why not regionalize it? I would prefer the West Coast or Cascadia because yeah I believe the crowds and the weather are better.

Since the previous two are being held in Brazil and Russia then I imagine stupidly long distances between host cities won't be a problem.

Also, I've just learned that Fox have US broadcast rights to the World Cup in Russia, not ABC/ESPN. Christ.

No real cities on the west coast? Granted LA is just sprawl but you are really going to say SF isn't a legitimate city? That is just crazy talk.

San Francisco is maybe my favorite city in the U.S. :thup:

World class city. Heading out there again this fall, can't wait.

It would be nice to see the USA (heck I dream of a day Canada gets to host a World Cup) host a world cup, 2022 should have went to the USA. I know they had one in 1994 but back then I was only 4. I would certainly go to a World Cup in the USA/Canada.

I don't ever want the USA to ever win the world cup though, that would be too much to take, it would be like Liverpool winning the league whilst Sunderland won the FA Cup and done the double over us in the derby. 

USA shouldn't be getting the World Cup before England. Neither should have Germany nor Mexico. Criminal that the country that invented the game has hosted it once nigh on half a century ago.

I fail to understand the logic behind this statement.

Since the previous two are being held in Brazil and Russia then I imagine stupidly long distances between host cities won't be a problem.

Also, I've just learned that Fox have US broadcast rights to the World Cup in Russia, not ABC/ESPN. Christ.

Tbh, the Russia World Cup is all in Western Russia and Europe. None of it in Siberia or the Eastern coast. Though obviously this is for reasons other than pure distance.

USA shouldn't be getting the World Cup before England. Neither should have Germany nor Mexico. Criminal that the country that invented the game has hosted it once nigh on half a century ago.

Wat.

I fail to understand the logic behind this statement.

Tbh, the Russia World Cup is all in Western Russia and Europe. None of it in Siberia or the Eastern coast. Though obviously this is for reasons other than pure distance.

It isn't rocket science...all of the countries mentioned have hosted the tournament twice since we held our only one. Since football is our gift to the world , we really should have held it more than once.

They played a variation of football in China 2000 years ago, man, as well as tons of other cases all over the world. England invented the modern day rules in the 18th century and popularized it. I wouldn't say they invented football, but they created the football we know today due to their rules being brought all over the world due to imperialism.