Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Stoke asked for Cameron to be left out because of injuries, would've really liked to have him for this. I don't get leaving Williams out though, I guess Morales and Beckerman are enough.

Beckerman will be getting call-ups until he literally can't run beyond a brisk trot.

Williams has to be the heir apparent to that base midfield position in the diamond, think he should be there. Especially curious he was left out considering he started both of these last two friendlies.

Think Brooks has probably locked down a starting CB spot, despite not looking great in these friendlies. Klinsmann seems to favor him. Wonder if he'll persist with Alvarado alongside him or opt for a more experienced Gonzalez or Besler (or Orozco). Fuck knows, it'll probably be a different pairing every game.

On the broadcast they were saying that Williams was left behind to recover from injuries and possibly earn a transfer to another club. Strange decision right after bringing him back into the fold.

:thup: by all accounts he had a strong season for Reading. I'd like to see him try his hand back in a top flight division, either the PL or Bundesliga.

• 4 weeks later...

U.S. Soccer

‏@ussoccer

#USMNT Starting XI vs. Honduras: Guzan; Chandler, Alvarado, Brooks, Johnson; Beckerman, Yedlin, Zardes, Bradley; Dempsey, Altidore #USAvHON

Erm, I like Beckerman and all and will assume he will prove me wrong but I'll be honest - I'm actually over starting Him and Dempsey these days and would much rather see Aron and Mix.

Yeah Bench, was actually expecting him to start.

I've always been a massive Jnr Jones fan and wishing he was playing the DM role as he's got more to his all-around game. I'm honestly happy to see the eventual replacement for Dempsey too. As crazy as I sound. Always feel like we look more cultured with Mix these days too.

U.S. Soccer

‏@ussoccer

#USMNT Starting XI vs. Honduras: Guzan; Chandler, Alvarado, Brooks, Johnson; Beckerman, Yedlin, Zardes, Bradley; Dempsey, Altidore #USAvHON

Erm, I like Beckerman and all and will assume he will prove me wrong but I'll be honest - I'm actually over starting Him and Dempsey these days and would much rather see Aron and Mix.

Nah, my man Clint gotta start until his legs fall off. Far and away the best attacking player we have still.

This should be Beckerman's last tournament...I agree totally, time to start blooding the next gen. But I'm okay with Klinsmann playing it a bit a safer if it means we get a guaranteed spot in the 2017 Confed Cup.

This should be Beckerman's last tournament...I agree totally, time to start blooding the next gen. But I'm okay with Klinsmann playing it a bit a safer if it means we get a guaranteed spot in the 2017 Confed Cup.

Beckerman slows everything down

@NUFC_US: Everyone in the US is discovering what watching Pardew's #nufc with a 2-1 lead was like. #USAvHON

:lol:

:lol: When the fuck did that motherfucker ever have a 2-1 lead.

If I were Omar Gonzalez, I'd feel pretty hard done by Klinsmann. Alvarado has seemingly been anointed the future at CB despite looking pedestrian at best whenever he's appeared for the U.S. He's clearly talented, you don't start for Club America at age 22 if you're not. But it feels like a bit of that anti-MLS Klinsmann bias creeping in...Gonzalez would probably do well to look towards Europe (or even Mexico). If for no other reason than he's maxed out playing in MLS, arguably been the league's best CB the past couple seasons.