Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

I have many pressing points on the matter.

a) i dont really care, despite my following 5 points on the matter

b) i was chuckling at the germany rival comparison. It might have worked 10 years ago, but it's like equating Liverpool to Newcastle. We may have been on a similar level at one point, but by now we're all too aware that we're not even playing the same game anymore

c) whether you like it or not, you're on foreign soil here boy. This is an English forum and all of these dirty foreigner  (and other club) threads are littered with bantz

d) you should consider it a compliment that you're getting bantz over the patronising shit that the plucky underdog gets. Teams that are moderately competitive with England are going to get bantz, if you're getting support and recognition, it probably means you're realllllllly shit

e) i made a graph

http://i.imgur.com/knAN08v.png

f) why isnt connor casey in your squad

Wondo 4 lyfe.

You spent far too much time on that graph you daftie.

I seriously don't care, caught me in an angry morning moment before my morning toilet visit. But now that it was over with, I've come back to light and the sheer fact that I couldn't give a single f*** and the Jormany comparison was pretty s*** on my part. Even though they've taken the kicks in the gut and turned it into something special and the English have to rely on the hope that Sturridge, Sterling, and Kane become something. The great hope. On a side note, I'm starting to warm up to this Harry Kane fella.

US, one of the few teams that are even worse than England and still have idiots supporting it  :frantic:

:lol: Worse than England. :yao:

Your best striker had, what, 2 goals in a season? :mackems:

Still got further in the world cup though

Easier group

Though I'll leave you guys to discuss your team  :angel:

Not from the US and don't think they are particularly good. There is no way USA had an easier group than England in the last world cup

I have many pressing points on the matter.

a) i dont really care, despite my following 5 points on the matter

b) i was chuckling at the germany rival comparison. It might have worked 10 years ago, but it's like equating Liverpool to Newcastle. We may have been on a similar level at one point, but by now we're all too aware that we're not even playing the same game anymore

c) whether you like it or not, you're on foreign soil here boy. This is an English forum and all of these dirty foreigner  (and other club) threads are littered with bantz

d) you should consider it a compliment that you're getting bantz over the patronising shit that the plucky underdog gets. Teams that are moderately competitive with England are going to get bantz, if you're getting support and recognition, it probably means you're realllllllly shit

e) i made a graph

http://i.imgur.com/knAN08v.png

f) why isnt connor casey in your squad

Fucking graph. :lol:

I was lamenting the response to this KingShearer fellow. Been here for 3 days and coming out with this shit? No sir, you gonna earn the right to be a cunt on this forum just like everyone else.

England is expected to do well but are shit, America is expected to be shit but does well. i can understand your frustrations after that wc englishers. If it makes you feel better, we are back to the complete turboshitte everyone expects now.

England is a shit team these days tbh. If I had made up a five tier system, I'D have both the US and England on the second tier. The first tier has teams you expect to beat them, like Germany, Brazil and so on. The second tier has teams like Belgium, Columbia and so on where they might have a chance but you don't really know in advance.

If the US met England I'd really not know which side to bet on. A draw perhaps.

This doesn't mean that England has worse players than the US, just that they time and time again undermine their quality by refusing to work as a cohesive unit.

Guest TruToon94

I'm just going to say that quality in my lifetime means fuck all when it comes to internationals. A great coach can easily make a mediocre team good (Costa Rica pop to mind from last world cup).

Without a doubt in my mind U.S.A have a coach who is massively superior to our own and players who whilst individually may not be good, can and will work together as a team. England would win friendlies and qualifiers but in competitive matches it'd be a draw/win for the yanks.

I'm just going to say that quality in my lifetime means fuck all when it comes to internationals. A great coach can easily make a mediocre team good (Costa Rica pop to mind from last world cup).

Without a doubt in my mind U.S.A have a coach who is massively superior to our own and players who whilst individually may not be good, can and will work together as a team. England would win friendlies and qualifiers but in competitive matches it'd be a draw/win for the yanks.

Klinsmann is a strong motivator and very good at looking at the big picture. Completely out of his depth tactically though and he doesn't have a Jogi Low to bail him out like he did with Germany. We're as much a mess on the field now as when he took over. I think he'd be far better off handing over the reigns to a young up-n-comer (we have quite a few young, forward-thinking American coaches in MLS) and focus exclusively on the development of the U.S. program.

The latter part I definitely agree with, I think England's problem in recent years has been trying to shoe-horn all the divas into the team rather than assembling the most cohesive team. The U.S. definitely doesn't have that problem...we don't have any high-profile players. :lol:

Klinsmann seems like he'd be so so so much better in a higher up role. His actual tactics and team fiddling has been awful imo. They had a solid WC but that's mostly just because of Americans and their annoying habit of embracing high pressure events, rather than shitting their pants and avoiding risk at all costs.

Klinsmann seems like he'd be so so so much better in a higher up role. His actual tactics and team fiddling has been awful imo. They had a solid WC but that's mostly just because of Americans and their annoying habit of embracing high pressure events, rather than shitting their pants and avoiding risk at all costs.

See: WWII

I agree with this :lol: