Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

I'm sure he'll get a few starts during the rest of the tournament, three games in seven days and all that.

Which is something else that irks me about Klinsmann, his constant switching at CB. Fine if he's settled on Brooks and Alvarado, but stick with them for every single match. Consistency, developing a solid partnership is crucial at CB and we haven't really had an established CB pairing since JK took over, to the detriment of the defense. Gonzalez-Besler was the closest we came but Besler has apparently already been phased out.

I know I'm wanting to eat my cake and have it too in this case. :lol:

Brooks is my main man to be honest. Excellent passer of the ball and has pace and strength. Good in the air as well. Omar gets burnt far too often and would have been torn a new one versus the pace of Honduras. 

My issue with Jurgen is Beckerman.

I also like us with Fab at RB and Yedlin LB. prefer someone to play RW opposite of Zardes - who I'm now a big fan of.

Think Beckerman proved at the last Gold Cup and World Cup he's our best defensive mid, but he did have one of his worst games for us last night. He's 33 so hopefully we can move on after this tournament, Williams and Morales should do. Would love to find a way to get Johnson in midfield again, think he's best there, unfortunately we have no fullbacks.

Brooks is my main man to be honest. Excellent passer of the ball and has pace and strength. Good in the air as well. Omar gets burnt far too often and would have been torn a new one versus the pace of Honduras. 

My issue with Jurgen is Beckerman.

I also like us with Fab at RB and Yedlin LB. prefer someone to play RW opposite of Zardes - who I'm now a big fan of.

If we could play Fab at both fullback slots we'd be set...though I agree with A-toon, he's so much better in midfield. Yedlin is never a LB though...personally think his future is at RW anyway. Chandler has been garbage for the national team ever since he came back into the fold, would be fine if we never saw him again.

Jozy sent home from the Gold Cup, replaced by Alan Gordon. :lol:

Beasley brought in too, hopefully meaning the end of Timmy Chandler.

Chandler is rank defender but blitzkrieg going forward. I'd rather us just play Yedels and Fab as fullbacks, Brooks and anyone not named Alva-fucking-rado at CB. Stop playing Beckerman. Stop playing Wondo. Stop messing about with this team, it's annoying as fuck.

I feel Klinsmann has been an absolute dissapointment for the US. Almost feel like the side have regressed under him when watching them play. Weird choices, seemingly changing the tactics up far too often for a national team given the small amount of time they get to spend together. Wouldn't want Bradley to go back as Bradley is the second coming of Christ and I want to see him continue his dark wizard magic over here to see how deep the rabbit hole goes, but I also think Klinsmann really needs to go sooner rather than later.

Bob Bradley was the right man for the job at THAT time, there's no point even considering him again.

Jurgen Klinsmann was able to get this USA team out of that tough group at the World Cup, he's expanded our reach for players, he's been charged with ushering in the post Landon Donovan era, the Clint Dempsey transition will begin at some point, and so on.

I get very annoyed with his chopping and changing of team, and his love-in for Kyle Beckerman and such - but he also didn't have Tim Howard or Jermaine Jones, who leaders and makeup the spine of the team. We win that Cup with Howard or Jones IMO.

Anyway, it's a stupid thing to just want to change Klinsmann b/c of the Gold Cup disappointment, the thing with Bob Bradley is that there wasn't much further he could go - with Klinsmann, I still think there is more to what he can bring or usher in. It's tough work to educate people who seem to think he's a tactical mastermind, the knowledgeable fan will know the tactics man was Jogi and the staff - what Klinsmann brings is intangible in his pedigree, his experience, and his ability to motivate the players. I believe a combo of team selection for the Cup and the players themselves really fucked this one up.

tldr, I know. But I'm still firmly behind Jurgen and those who think we need to make the change would need to convince me otherwise via a different manager or system or players to prove otherwise.

Bob Bradley was the right man for the job at THAT time, there's no point even considering him again.

Jurgen Klinsmann was able to get this USA team out of that tough group at the World Cup, he's expanded our reach for players, he's been charged with ushering in the post Landon Donovan era, the Clint Dempsey transition will begin at some point, and so on.

I get very annoyed with his chopping and changing of team, and his love-in for Kyle Beckerman and such - but he also didn't have Tim Howard or Jermaine Jones, who leaders and makeup the spine of the team. We win that Cup with Howard or Jones IMO.

Anyway, it's a stupid thing to just want to change Klinsmann b/c of the Gold Cup disappointment, the thing with Bob Bradley is that there wasn't much further he could go - with Klinsmann, I still think there is more to what he can bring or usher in. It's tough work to educate people who seem to think he's a tactical mastermind, the knowledgeable fan will know the tactics man was Jogi and the staff - what Klinsmann brings is intangible in his pedigree, his experience, and his ability to motivate the players. I believe a combo of team selection for the Cup and the players themselves really fucked this one up.

tldr, I know. But I'm still firmly behind Jurgen and those who think we need to make the change would need to convince me otherwise via a different manager or system or players to prove otherwise.

:thup:

Kindly would like to see the end of: Rimando, Brad Evans, Beckerman, Bedoya, Wondowlowski, lan Gordon.

Would like to see return of: Jermaine Jones, Tim Howard, Matt Besler, Brek Shea, Danny Williams

Give the Youngins A Shot now:  Alfredo Morales, Bobby Wood, Julian Green, Joe Gyau, Jerome Kiesewetter, Gedion Zelalem, Jr Flores etc.