Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Well that was entirely predictable. Two singular moments of class produce two goals in an otherwise turgid performance. Though I'm not sure what we could've expected, as Klinsmann seems allergic to the idea of consistently starting the same XI. I look forward to the game against Switzerland, in which we'll have two completely new faces at CB and yet again look weak at the back.

Bradley was the only player I'd say was even remotely decent, as he generally moved the ball well through midfield and didn't look the spastic that the rest of our players did. After that ball over the top to Jozy for the 2nd goal, TT was spot-on about Bradley needing to play deeper. At his very best, against mid-level opposition or worse, he's a very effective deep-lying playmaker. I've seen him hit too many of those pinpoint accurate long balls to feel otherwise. At worst, against top sides, he's the best DM in the pool by far, capable of playing the ball calmly out of the back. Completely wasted as an attacking midfielder, which explains his overall poor performance in the World Cup.

I also loved the way Klinsmann stuck with the 2-man central midfield the entire match, as if Denmark didn't have 3 central midfielders who completely ran the show through midfield. Goal aside, Johannsson was invisible and should've been dropped at HT for another CM.

Lasse Vibe does look like a very useful player out wide for Denmark. Definitely better than the Swedish league.

In other news, French Guiana, not even a member of FIFA, beat Honduras 3-1 in the first leg of their Gold Cup qualifying play-off. Which is lovely, because Honduras play some of the most negative, cynical football in the world. Hopefully they can hold out with the next leg to be played in Honduras.

Guest KingShearer

US, one of the few teams that are even worse than England and still have idiots supporting it  :frantic:

Guest KingShearer

US, one of the few teams that are even worse than England and still have idiots supporting it  :frantic:

:lol: Worse than England. :yao:

Your best striker had, what, 2 goals in a season? :mackems:

He was on a terrible team. :lol:

Still got further in the world cup though

Guest KingShearer

Still got further in the world cup though

Easier group

Though I'll leave you guys to discuss your team  :angel:

The fact people come in here and even compare the fact that you've got the likes of Rooney, Sturridge and Sterling all on the same team + Kane coming through and Henderson etc to our Jozy and Bradley says enough.

Germany says Hello England, whilst shining that Trophy.

Naw. Just your bitter rival you used to take to the shed and shoot from time to time. England fans coming in here telling us we're shit is pretty pathetic. You've got far more quality go get angry at other European nations. We're not in the same footballing breath and only have recently been punching above our weight due to some luck/determination/gritting out results.

We're here fighting over Johansson and Jozy and Dempsey as our strikers and you've got Rooney, Kane, Sturridge and Welbeck you should be figuring out ways to find a Sack Roy.com site going is all I'm saying