Alexander Isak

Disco

5 minutes ago, madras said:

From where we sit (Milburn L7 online with the Leazes 18yard box) we were sure his second had been deflected, no way from there he'd try to chip Martinez.

Oohh theres a way alright hehe.. not gonna say i was not surprised he did chip it (becuase i didnt see it happening, thought he would go for an assist) but when he did and i saw it happening i knew its going in and that he knew what he was doing. Just another Isak finish :D 

13 minutes ago, Flip said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Isak has the potential to be the 2nd best striker in this league, but he has a very long way to go before he reaches the like of Haaland, Mbappe and Vini Jr. 

I just hope he can stay fit for the entirety of this season. 25+ goals isn’t impossible.

Agreed, a least a little bit, ill explain why.

This is how i see it, if im totally out of it.. let me know.

Haaland, Mbappe, Zlatan, Drogba, Torres, Suarez etc etc (all attackers that one way or another totally demolished PL/other leagues) all had one thing in common that does not apply to Isak, once again... let me know if you disagree.
They were all starts in their top teams. Not saying Alex is not a star, but hes not a star (yet) in the same way the above mentioned are/were (for many different reasons). On top of that, Newcastle isnt a top team like that (sorry guys, i think you know what i mean, they are not Real Madrid, City etc when the mentioned players played there). I know Newcastle is a a huge club otherwise, great history etc. Not to take anything from you guys - truly hope you understand what i mean here.

Being those kind of stars in those kind of teams only meant/means one thing: All balls goes towards these players, maximize their chances to score goals as we paid a lot for them and we need to get something back. Even if they missed 1,2,3 or 4 in a row.. midfielders will keep feeding them ball after ball, yes?
Take Haaland as an example, 8/10 balls whether in the air or on ground are directed towards him. Torres? Same. Drogba? Come one. Mbappe.. EVERY attack goes through him. And so on and so on, Messi, Neymar etc. None of these players are substituted in the ish 60th min either, no matter rotation or not..

Isak might be a star, he might even be Newcastles best (or one of) best players, but nobody in Newcastle is bigger than the team. 
You think Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi would have been give more or less passes if they played in NUFC, to take an example. Or any of the above mentioned, would never been substituted etc.

Not sure i made my point, i think i did...?

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

I just look at the finishes like on Saturday, and that touchline magic against Everton last season, and I see a very special player. If you asked me to swap Haaland with Isak I'd say no. I think he won't score as many goals maybe, but he has more in his locker all round.

I might be baised but.. i would NEVER. 

If Haaland stops scoring 35 goals, what else is he contributing to?
Isak could go a season without scoring a goal and i promise at the end of the season you will still consider him one of your best as he contributes in so many ways, shapes and forms.
Not to mention he can play left, center, right. Even midfield works for him.. if you would have to.

EDIT: Btw i dont dislike Haaland, loving fotball you have to love a guy like that. But also, i am realistic. 
Put Haaland on the left and see what happens haha :D

Edited by IsaksGhost

6 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the so called " top six" came after Isak, Tonali, Joe or Bruno in the coming months , would we be mercinary and sell ?.

None of them will come in for them - on the basis that if they do - they will get a two fingered response from the club 

14 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the so called " top six" came after Isak, Tonali, Joe or Bruno in the coming months , would we be mercinary and sell ?.

I don’t think any of the top teams in PL will. Liverpool was talking about him, but slept. Arsenal, same, slept. ManU won’t, city has Haaland and blinded by that.

If he goes, he needs to first of all keep it up for the whole year, no injuries or longer period of no good.

If that happens, and if he does a great CL, Madrid will start looking at him (again) and maybe Barcelona.

I think Newcastle are good for now, lucky bastards 😀

3 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Maybe next summer if they are prepared to break some records.

If those other players you mentioned were as you say 'bigger than the club', then I'm glad that's not Isak. Don't care if our players have a huge profile in football, as long as they perform, they can hide up in the sunny North East without any of the pantomime that comes with these 'star' players as far as I'm concerned.

30 minutes ago, IsaksGhost said:

Agreed, a least a little bit, ill explain why.

This is how i see it, if im totally out of it.. let me know.

Haaland, Mbappe, Zlatan, Drogba, Torres, Suarez etc etc (all attackers that one way or another totally demolished PL/other leagues) all had one thing in common that does not apply to Isak, once again... let me know if you disagree.
They were all starts in their top teams. Not saying Alex is not a star, but hes not a star (yet) in the same way the above mentioned are/were (for many different reasons). On top of that, Newcastle isnt a top team like that (sorry guys, i think you know what i mean, they are not Real Madrid, City etc when the mentioned players played there). I know Newcastle is a a huge club otherwise, great history etc. Not to take anything from you guys - truly hope you understand what i mean here.

Being those kind of stars in those kind of teams only meant/means one thing: All balls goes towards these players, maximize their chances to score goals as we paid a lot for them and we need to get something back. Even if they missed 1,2,3 or 4 in a row.. midfielders will keep feeding them ball after ball, yes?
Take Haaland as an example, 8/10 balls whether in the air or on ground are directed towards him. Torres? Same. Drogba? Come one. Mbappe.. EVERY attack goes through him. And so on and so on, Messi, Neymar etc. None of these players are substituted in the ish 60th min either, no matter rotation or not..

Isak might be a star, he might even be Newcastles best (or one of) best players, but nobody in Newcastle is bigger than the team. 
You think Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi would have been give more or less passes if they played in NUFC, to take an example. Or any of the above mentioned, would never been substituted etc.

Not sure i made my point, i think i did...?

Edited by BonesJones

34 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Well some of the so called top six are already out of the picture.

43 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Was thinking at the weekend that if we sold Bruno now I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid (like the Cole sale at the time). Not that he was poor at the weekend (he wasn't) but he's not quite at the level he was when he first came, or at the beginning of last season. Maybe it's just that the midfield is so strong now he doesn't stand out so much? If the club couldn't come to an agreement on his extension, or if he decided he wanted to move, then I have utter confidence that we'd take the huge sum that would come with his sale and buy someone as good for no more than about two thirds of the fee received.

I'm not sure we'd sell Isak or Joe at the moment though, and Tonali has just arrived. Whatever happens though I trust those running the club to turn it into a positive.

Trouble is we are going to have to sell players to  generate cash for new signings and satisfy FFP. The players we don’t want probably have little or no resale value. In order to generate more cash they may need to look at other players who cost comparatively little/nothing and/or are near the end of their contracts and/or would now be worth a lot more than what we paid for them

Edited by Toontimes

43 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

Trouble is we are going to have to sell players to  generate cash for new signings and satisfy FFP. The players we don’t want probably have little or no resale value. In order to generate more cash they may need to look at other players who cost comparatively little/nothing and/or are near the end of their contracts and/or would now be worth a lot more than what we paid for them

Not really. This Is why we buy th we youngsters and loan them out. Say Minteh has a good season but Eddie doesn't think he wants him but he's sold for 15 million. He'll be at about 5.5 book value then so 9.5. Sign a player for 47.5 and Minteh pays for it over 5 years as far as FFP is concerned.

Was a bit of footage on the Matchcam vid of him attacking their box with the ball af his feet. He did some jiggery pokery, step over stuff and I went cross eyed. Must be a cunt to mark. 

Edited by Groundhog63

Why on Earth are you guys even discussing selling Isak?

He could challenge Haaland for the golden boot if he keeps getting decent service. Guy can certainly finish.

Edited by Coastie

7 hours ago, Toontimes said:

This. Let's say for sake of arguement Isak or Bruno have tremendous seasons and attract bids of £100m plus next summer. Yes the money means nothing to us in terms of it being needed to fund transfers, but it would open the door to us spending three times that on replacements without falling foul of FFP.

42 minutes ago, Beth said:

This. Let's say for sake of arguement Isak or Bruno have tremendous seasons and attract bids of £100m plus next summer. Yes the money means nothing to us in terms of it being needed to fund transfers, but it would open the door to us spending three times that on replacements without falling foul of FFP.

Isak is untouchable, selling him for any amount would be a mistake. Would hate to see Bruno leave as well. 

Aye, Isak should be a non negotiable.

I’m fully confident that Bruno’s contract will be sorted out, but I think that mentally preparing for his departure, with Tonali coming in, makes it a bit of an easier task.

Having said that… it should be an insane offer to even get a response based on the current market. We’re in the CL and attack the cups; our players don’t need to leave for the first time in a generation. It’s a great feeling.

Nah its just logic over emotion. Selling one of our stars for a ridicolous fee would help out alot in the short term until we got our commercial revenue going.

Selling Isak anywhere near £100m is a non-starter though.

Edited by Displayname