Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

The team has looked shite since the first minute against southampton. Nicked the results despite it for the first few games. Now regressing to our mean. Begs the question, is 50 games not a big enough sample size for you? ManU dealt with major injuries last season, and Chelsea were an absolute disaster for 6 months, and one got Europa League, and the other won an FA Cup.

Excuses are weak.

There you go! 

You've answered your own doubts [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I get easily whipped up man lol. Could we win the FA Cup or snag Europa? I suppose - seems almost impossibly unlikely, but sure, I guess who knows. If we keep this up though it'll be a long long season and summer.

Considering I only posted my opinion on the press twisting Isaks contract, that sure got long winded.

If I'd posted about our form past and present, I'd stand by last season as unfortunate.

This season I still feel its early days, like I said four games in and it's Newcastles best start to a season in 29yrs, four more games and its not as rosy, but, we have a long way to go, I'm obviously taking the pragmatic approach, but to be fair, I see your point on the performances, they haven't been great, but many players have looked slightly off, perhaps it's just taking a bit longer for the sharpness to come back, just give it time, and try and not write us off so soon. [emoji38]

The list of clubs outside the PL who would (realistically) think to buy Isak is incredibly short. 
RM? Do they need him?
Barca? Financial mess.
Bayern? Possibly but they’ve got Kane.

Athletico? Just bought Alvarez.

PSG? Maybe…

Napoli could probably afford him if they sold Osimhen but doubt they would invest it all in one player.

Problem with PL prices and valuations is that you get to a stage where only other PL clubs can afford them. 
If we’d be happy selling to another PL club then Isak’s valuation could be high as long as he stays fit and scores plenty of goals this season. Otherwise I think talk of getting £80-90M for him is fanciful. 

4 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It would not surprise me at all if he agitates for a move or seriously considers it next summer if we don’t get Europe, I don’t think that’s controversial 🤷‍♂️ 

Would equally not surprise me if club tell him he can’t go and revisit a year later. He’s 3.5yrs on his contract. Club have no need to worry. Nor should the fans.

Edited by LFEE

5 hours ago, LFEE said:

Would equally not surprise me if club tell him he can’t go and revisit a year later. He’s 3.5yrs on his contract. Club have no need to worry. Nor should the fans.

But Craig Hope says we have to worry.

13 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It would not surprise me at all if he agitates for a move or seriously considers it next summer if we don’t get Europe, I don’t think that’s controversial 🤷‍♂️ 

the unknown there of course is that if we don’t get Europe the board will need to consider what the new manager will want and need

18 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Im not making an argument? 

Stating the obvious, and yes after our first four games it was reported it was Newcastles best start to a season in 29 years, and as mentioned previously, we were not really bang average all season, we really struggled with injuries, and just fell short of a European place, still finishing above Man Utd, and Sunderland. 

We had our easiest start to the season in years. We'll have a better idea after this month.

7 hours ago, TRon said:

We had our easiest start to the season in years. We'll have a better idea after this month.

I was originally here for the Isak topic, see the original post, if you can actually be arsed.

Literally never once mentioned our form this season or last, apparently we've been shite for 18 months, and our star players should be looking to move, I couldn't understand that take. 

Thanks for dragging me back in, to once again explain myself.

Read through the to and fro, rather than quote the bits that suit.

Thought he looked our most dangerous player by some distance, but his finishing was off, and he lost the ball for their winner. Not sure how you fix that because there isn't anyone better waiting to come in.

42 minutes ago, TRon said:

Thought he looked our most dangerous player by some distance, but his finishing was off, and he lost the ball for their winner. Not sure how you fix that because there isn't anyone better waiting to come in.

There are generally about 2-3 strikers in world football at any given time that are actually consistent and do not go through random patches of poor finishing. Osimhen is probably my favourite player around these days and once every five matches or so, he looks like Michail Antonio on a bad day. Lautaro Martinez, Harry Kane, even Lewandowski all have games like this regularly. Isak is at the same level of the players I named, imo, but scoring goals is difficult. 

Once again, the failure is recruitment. Calum Wilson should have been shipped to Saudi or a lower team in the table that can take the risk with his constant absences due to his quality. This Osula boy, they could have loaned him to a Championship side or somewhere in Europe if he needed to season first. Isak has played 90 minutes in most of the matches he's started this season; even the best forwards usually sit after 75 or so if things are not working. We simply cannot afford to. 

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi