Alexander Isak

Disco

Im pretty sure Isak is out for at least a month. You could see it in his face. He’s had this problem for a while so I’m certain he knows his body by now and that it’s not just a game or two. Having said this, I hope I’m brutallly wrong, but I doubt it…

Aye, was just getting back up to speed last couple of games as well. Hopefully Wilson/Barnes back to give us some options and let Isak rest. 

10 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Im pretty sure Isak is out for at least a month. You could see it in his face. He’s had this problem for a while so I’m certain he knows his body by now and that it’s not just a game or two. Having said this, I hope I’m brutallly wrong, but I doubt it…

Impressively specific reading of the non verbals! 

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

By that logic you may as well get rid of fitness assessments and just rest everyone with any kind of niggle. 

Aye, let’s potentially risk getting three points from one of our easier home games, just to be on the safe side. [emoji38]

Edited by reefatoon

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

By that logic you may as well get rid of fitness assessments and just rest everyone with any kind of niggle. 

Luton at home is a game I would expect us to win without Isak , why risk him in a game we don't need him when we know how injury plagued he has been since we signed him. It's a case of looking at the bigger picture , don't play him let him recover from whatever slight injury he has and he be good to go next week in a game we will need him in. Rushing players back from injury this season hasn't worked for us at all.

Edited by Geogaddi

if there's nowt on the scan it may be worth giving him a run out.

may be more to do with his confifence.

having  a normal scan may have reassured him.

he's probabaly been told not to take any risks if he feels a twinge and ask to come off.

the idea that we simply roll over an in-form PL team without a recognised striker on top of all other injuries seems a bit mad. 

they've already beaten us once this season ffs 

if he's fit he should play imo

With Murphy back we can always start with Gordon/movement up top and have Isak on later if not quite 100%. Be good when Barnes and Wilson back too. Man would have be in the fight for 4th if everyone was fit. 

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

I'd honestly rather just leave him out at this stage.

I'd be happy enough for him to be on the bench and go Miggy left, Murphy right and Gordon central. Get Miley a bit further forward to support more.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Aye, let’s potentially risk getting three points from one of our easier home games, just to be on the safe side. [emoji38]

Wouldn't be the first time that we decided to start a player who shouldn't. Why did Pep "risk losing" to us by putting De Bruyne on the bench? He had been injury free for a good while at that point. He was one of their very best players available. When did being careful with a player whos had a muscle injury stop being a reasonable thing to do? If you think leaving out Isak for one game is bad, imagine having him being out for several games. We would be "risking points" for way more than 1 game if he gets injured.

Obviously it's up to the medical team and Howe to assess the injury, so hopefully they make the right decision..

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well, in Isaks case it’s not just a niggle is it? He’s had problems on and off with his groin for a while. I’ve had groin problems too and if there’s a “niggle” now it’s not suddenly gonna be bulletproof a week after. Groin problems need to be very carefully used and it’s a pain in the arse to get rid of. He might be able to play say 45-70 minutes without too much pain but it will only push the problem forward and make it a bigger one if not healed or adressen correctly and carefully.