Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

That’s just an opinion - when a team after this many games are 3 points behind us they certainly are a threat to us, fact.

We could be above Man United tomorrow yet looking at our fixtures compared to theirs I don’t think we will finish above them , sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture .

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I just have and it's arguably better than ours. We only have Southampton and Leciester at home where we will be clear odds on favourites to win, whereas they have Southampton, Everton, Wolves at home for a start. They have Bmouth away where we were disappointed to drop points (so would they be, and less travel). Villa away on the final day will probably be a dead rubber for the home side as well, and possibly not even a league position on the line, and potentially more favourable than when we play them soon.

They've got 16 points from their last 8 games, or 25 from their last 13, so have been averaging 2 points per game for a while, and are a very good side.

They have Spurs , Arsenal Chelsea and us away which realistically is 3 points at most for them. They also have Man City and Man United at home which again would be 3 points at most . That’s about half their games and we are looking at 6 points at the absolute best. They also have a cup semi final which will distract them from some of them easier games like it did to us. I like Brighton they are a good side but as long as we finish above Spurs and Liverpool we will be top 4.

Edited by Geogaddi

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

We could be above Man United tomorrow yet looking at our fixtures compared to theirs I don’t think we will finish above them , sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture .

I totally get what you’re saying but you’re post says “could”, “I don’t think” - it’s opinions and speculations. Facts as they stand at the moment though is they are currently a threat to us.

6 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

They have Spurs , Arsenal Chelsea and us away which realistically is 3

points at most for them. They also have Man City and Man United at home which again would be 3 points at most . That’s about half their games and we are looking at 6 points at the absolute best. I like Brighton they are a good side but as long as we finish above Spurs and Liverpool we will be top 4.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, because they've already taken 4 points off Liverpool, including a 3-0 home win, and also put them out of the FA Cup. They beat Chelsea 4-1, and won at Old Trafford at well.

They likely will drop points in some of those games you mention, and the games may well catch up on them as they juggle the FA Cup, and some rearranged league games, but as they have already beaten a lot of the sides that you have mentioned, and are in great form, you certainly can't just assume they will draw / lose those return fixtures.

Edited by Paullow

Just now, Skeletor said:

Brighton are a good team but no-one should be wishing them well. If they do well it will be at our expense. I hope they crash and burn, whilst still being an admirably run football club.

Disagree- we can still wish them well at the expense of Liverpool or whoever else, I think everybody has said they hope Brighton get in a European place as long as we get top four as well. That’s not at our expense 

11 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Watching Liverpool, Brighton, and Bournemouth today and all three look vulnerable at the back, conceding goals which we wouldn't. I'm feeling quite confident now. 

To be fair so did we against wolves and Forrest but yeah it is comforting 

It's great football at this stage of the season. Huddersfield level against Boro, and no doubt Sheff U fans watching one of those GSS / Final Score shows, who normally wouldn't care so much about their relatively near Yorkshire neighbours, will be absolutely buzzing.

I've not seen the (non) penalty at Forest, but Wolves certainly don't seem to be getting the rub of the green generally with these VAR decisions. That goal at Liverpool, Pope, the Leeds goal the other week, and now this. That new manager will definitely feel something is up :lol: