Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Has UEFA banned betting companies as shirt sponsors already?

Just did a bit of Googling, it's not to do with UEFA, apparently Poland have strict anti-betting advertisment laws, so Villa have to cover it to comply.

@brummie I may be making this up, but I swear every time that Tielemans gets on the pitch you guys look markedly worse, he seems so slow, sluggish, and easily beaten, have you seen anything that makes you think he'll come good?

47 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I've no major dislike for Villa but happy to see them lose. Don't want an English club to win the Conference League again. 

Conflicting, hate to see English teams do well in Europe but them doing well this season means a fifth CL spot for the league. :undecided:

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Conflicting, hate to see English teams do well in Europe but them doing well this season means a fifth CL spot for the league. :undecided:

Plus could also cost them a bit in the league as the season goes on. At least they shouldn't wrap the group early and make wholesale changes like what West Ham could do, although they will be pleased that AZ blew a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3 against a lesser known team in their group.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't think that will be any of our concern this year; it'll be a grueling season and while I think we'll probably visit the European places, I can't see us being in the CL race.*

Five from England would be grim anyway imo; as if the Premier League needs any more of a leg-up among its European peers. 

*Incidentally I don't regard this as an especially pessimistic take. :lol: