Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Palace are desperately depressing.

This Jordan Ayew thing in particular is just tragic. 

Why he's still playing so many minutes in so many games is truly beyond me.

Selhurst Park is a vortex of the most dull, dire, football culture in the whole of England. How fucking bored do they all look, not even bothered to lay into their shit heap of a team.

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I don’t think they were necessarily celebrating Spurs beating Liverpool per day. Just enjoying Liverpool being incredibly, incredibly hard done by in extremely controversial circumstances, only for Matip to then belt one top corner in his own net in the 9th minute of injury time when it looked like they had held on for a point with 9 men. 

Most people here were hoping for a draw. I care way more about our chances of top 4 than Liverpool getting screwed. Liverpool win in that game any day for me.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, The College Dropout said:

He’d do a job under Eddie I’m sure. 

Looks like he should have a free role playing off a striker that can hold it up, and he can then just focus on timing runs into the box to get on the end of things.

He's not good enough on the ball to play wide, or good enough making the ball stick to play upfront.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near Newcastle personally.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Palace a midtable team missing their 2 best players. What do people expect ?

Not to still be playing the likes of Ward, Ayew, Schlupp and Hughes so much, and to maybe move on from Hodgson at this point, as there isn't much to really build on with him going forward, although he has served them really well.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Selhurst Park is a vortex of the most dull, dire, football culture in the whole of England. How fucking bored do they all look, not even bothered to lay into their shit heap of a team.

They have a pretty good academy and have still managed to get some decent talent into the club.

The likes of Anderson, Guehi, Eze, Olise, Mitchell and Doucoure are decent talents.

They just can't seem to find a manager to take them to another level for some reason.

If Howe had this squad I swear they'd look a lot better and far more dangerous.

The problem is that Parish is a fucking moron, just like Simon Jordan was. A footballing dinosaur.

Every time he tries to move on from Hodgson he ends up with Viera or De Boer.

How about hire someone genuinely transformative? Brighton manage it, Brentford manage it. Fulham managed it to a degree.

The fact he keeps relying on Roy tells you everything an absolute failure of imagination and ambition.

If Parish was here, he tell us that he doesn't have the finance to compete but he doesn't have the morals to seek new investors or indeed new owners to make sure of the clubs future. Wheres the vision?

Edited by STM

12 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Ever been there?

It is in one of the least interesting parts of London. Absolute shit tip. 

I can see all top 5 sides winning this round.. That will mean 22 out of 30 points for 5th place after 10 games, 2.2 points per game. Kind of wild to be honest, might even be a new record.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

He reminds me of Stephan Ireland, but is twice the player Ireland ever was. :lol:  

image.thumb.png.24cd440b3562bef37730dd038a1c877c.png

:lol: :lol: Bogan like high fashion.  

I’ve had the exact same though! Ireland and Robinho was the most random one two punch in PL history. 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

They have a pretty good academy and have still managed to get some decent talent into the club.

The likes of Anderson, Guehi, Eze, Olise, Mitchell and Doucoure are decent talents.

They just can't seem to find a manager to take them to another level for some reason.

If Howe had this squad I swear they'd look a lot better and far more dangerous.

They have a good catchment area, if they weren't in London, they'd be lower to mid table Championship level. 

When Conor Gallagher was there with Zaha, they at least were somewhat interesting, they've been getting worse since Viera left. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Respect to their fans. They turn up to their shit tip of a ground, with their faux ultras and get served a weekly eyesore by a geriatric old cunt in the dugout, but they still turn up in numbers.

The ground was full, so credit to them for doing that.