Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, Danh1 said:

Sick of Villa mind. :lol:

Sheffield United are utter garbage. Even if this is ruled out I cannot see them not conceding. 

Just popped in to post the same [emoji38]

can’t wait to see us at full capability and full strength again. It will come eventually   :indi:

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Surely sheff Utd had enough time and possession after the foul to clear it though ?

Doesn't matter though, right? Keeper tried to punch it and couldn't because his arm was held rooting him down.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Surely sheff Utd had enough time and possession after the foul to clear it though ?

Possibly but not as much time and possession as they would have had had the foul been correctly given

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

The team had possession back again, it had absolutely no impact on that goal whatsoever lmao

I think it does if you compare having a free kick given to Sheff Utd rather than having posession in your penalty area with 9 Villa players surrounding you

Just now, Wullie said:

The team had possession back again, it had absolutely no impact on that goal whatsoever lmao

Well, had he punched it so who is to say where it would have landed. Goalkeeper was fouled in a crazy way but I have already demonstrated I'm not the expert on the laws of football so I defer to the experts. I just know you cannot hold a goalkeeping in place by the arm when he tried to come out and he's prevented from doing so.

I do think the 'phases of play' is incredibly murky though which is why for me VAR is and always has been a pretty preposterous idea

Unlike cricket and tennis when there's a genuine break after every ball/point