Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, El Prontonise said:

This is only Flick's 3rd game.  Give him a chance. :lol:

Sorry meant in general over last few years - not Flick in particular - will be interesting how they evolve with him 

In fairness there’s no Frankie or Gavi - that will hopefully make them more fluid 

Kounde I can’t stand at RB

Was quite funny watching Andy Walker on Sky Sports at Barrow, thinking he was at Carlisle all night. The whole night they went to him he was talking about Carlisle - never mentioned Barrow once until the pens (someone must have had a word by then).

Someone on Twitter caught one of the best ones:

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Brighton might never challenge the top 3 but their transfer windows are always exciting. Looked very good going forward tonight, loads of attacking options for them.

We had a great transfer window in Summer 2016… 

All young high potential buys Brighton would be proud of including NUFC fan Mitrovic, the new Ben Arfa Thauvin, young Dutch international Wijnaldum and young solid CB Mbemba.

Then even Townsend and Shelvey in the January. 

We know what happened that season. 

The manager is by far the most important signing, we don’t know anything about Brighton’s yet. 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Brighton might never challenge the top 3 but their transfer windows are always exciting. Looked very good going forward tonight, loads of attacking options for them.

They can obviously point to themselves being the perfect stepping stone club but seems to me they have way too many players currently albeit they obviously have great depth as a result. 

Valencia losing away a Athletic Club, they've had a shocking start to the season. Their next two games are Villarreal and Atletico too, who have both had good starts to the season, so it could potentially be 5 defeats from 5. 

2 minutes ago, janpawel said:

So many big champions league games drawn immediately in this new layout 

Not gonna lie, jealous we aren't in the mix

I looked and thought meh seeing most then I realised who posted it and it's actually a dig at us. Going to be a long season finding subjects on here that aren't dragged back to the clubs failures 

6 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I looked and thought meh seeing most then I realised who posted it and it's actually a dig at us. Going to be a long season finding subjects on here that aren't dragged back to the clubs failures 

Not sure what you mean mate? 

I just mean Madrid / Barca /PSG / Dortmund / Arsenal / Inter / Bayern / Liverpool already have plenty games against each other, shall be an interesting watch 

Also, Villa have a pretty easy draw all things considered 

Must be a chance that Girona and Bologna drag down Spain & Italy's co-efficients down a bit which can only be good for us in that it brings 5th into play as a Champions League spot.