Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

I noticed a name in the Iceland starting eleven that I'd long since forgotten; Gylfi Sigurdsson. What happened to him post-noncing? Did he go to jail or did he get aquitted and end up not getting a deal with a club in any of the major European leagues due to the aforementioned noncing allegations, which led to him end up back on Iceland playing for Valur?

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Didn't have Rob Elliot as the manager type but he's doing a cracking job with Gateshead

I would never have picked him as a manager either but he seems to have really built on the foundations Williamson built there, long may it continue.

His old GK coach Andy Woodman doing a stellar job as Bromley after taking them up last year too, made a handy start in League 2.

Just seen former NUFC player Joan Simun Edmundsson is still going strong for the Faroes. 90 caps now for them.

Presume the pool of players they have to choose from is incredibly low

14 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Am I the only one who has absolutely ZERO idea that Szmodics was Irish/played for Ireland?

Nope.

I think his Great-great-great Grannies cat was Irish.

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Just seen former NUFC player Joan Simun Edmundsson is still going strong for the Faroes. 90 caps now for them.

Presume the pool of players they have to choose from is incredibly low

7 caps away from becoming the all-time most capped player for the Faraoe Islands, he'll manage that as he's apparently "only" 33 years old (feels like a lifetime ago since he was on our books). Him and his 10 year younger brother, Andrias, are (if I'm not mistaken) the most recent addition to the fun fact statistic/pub quiz question for "brothers who've represented their national team together".

Anthony Taylor and friends taking 4 minutes with VAR to determine if it's a goal or not in the Denmark game. Can all UK refs please just fuck off for good? Abysmal.

I'm watching the Gibraltar vs Liechtenstein game as its free on ViaPlay, and its proper feisty. Going into 9 minutes of added time it 1-1, the ref then fails to give a penalty to Gibraltar despite a blatant hand ball, sent the Gibraltar Manager off, overturned a Liechenstein goal for a contentious offside, and basically allowed both benches to continually give pelters at each other, and now Gibraltar has just scored a last minute winner :lol: 

And now Liechtenstein have a 102nd minute penalty for much less blatant handball than the Gibraltar penalty at the start of added time.

This game is bonkers :lol: 

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Anthony Taylor and friends taking 4 minutes with VAR to determine if it's a goal or not in the Denmark game. Can all UK refs please just fuck off for good? Abysmal.

We're so embarrassing, man. Four minutes, why, it's supposed to be CLEAR AND OBVIOUS