Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Is this the game that the Birmingham owner wanted to be played in the US?

It is. To their credit, McElhenney/Reynolds refused even entertaining the idea and straight up refused to discuss it saying they wouldn't do something like that to the fans of their club.

By all accounts Reynolds and McElhenney are very good owner, and treat it like they're custodians of the a historic club and not just their play thing. 

I know they have the documentary and the baggage of having the most famous owners in the world, but other than that, they're great owners.

Just now, The Bonk said:

My dodgy stream is showing CBS Sports broadcasting this? :lol: :lol:  Curious to how many people are opening wide to this. Stansfield levels! Becks and Brady enthused.

Probably many more opening wide for this than you imagine, people that had never watched a football match in their life have started watching over there thanks to Welcome to Wrexham.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

My dodgy stream is showing CBS Sports broadcasting this? :lol: :lol:  Curious to how many people are opening wide to this. Stansfield levels! Becks and Brady enthused.

They have a huge following in America - not even surprising considering how much PR they've been doing over there

Just now, Menace said:

They have a huge following in America - not even surprising considering how much PR they've been doing over there

If I'm not mistaken, one of their pre-season fixtures against mediocre opposition sold more tickets than the best selling Chelsea/Man City USA pre-season match.

Just now, Menace said:

Just saw Birmingham spent close to £25m this summer - we got outspent by a L1 team.

£10million on the kid who scored. Record for League 1 (record transfer for the division)