Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

I went to Anfield yesterday for the first time and Liverpool were ridiculously good on the counter attack, Iraola made a tactical change at half time and dropped Tavernier deeper so Lewis Cook could drop in front of the back four which helped leaving them as exposed but it was too late by then.

Their attackers don’t necessarily link up well, but they have midfielders that can land long balls in to space and pace in attack to make the most of it.

The acoustics in the stadium give an impression the atmosphere is better than it is, which is manufactured for the most part with long periods of silence, even the announcer on the tannoy and their 90’s techno music in the warm up go through you.

I am off to Preston vs Blackburn today, it should be a good one.

23 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

”Eyes on the ball” must be the worst explanation ever. What does that matter?

Because there was no intent to hurt the player and he played the ball. 

I'm admittedly unsure of the rules, but since he hasn't touched the player at all, I don't see how it can be a red?

Where's Howard Webb to clear this up. 

37 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I went to Anfield yesterday for the first time and Liverpool were ridiculously good on the counter attack, Iraola made a tactical change at half time and dropped Tavernier deeper so Lewis Cook could drop in front of the back four which helped leaving them as exposed but it was too late by then.

Their attackers don’t necessarily link up well, but they have midfielders that can land long balls in to space and pace in attack to make the most of it.

The acoustics in the stadium give an impression the atmosphere is better than it is, which is manufactured for the most part with long periods of silence, even the announcer on the tannoy and their 90’s techno music in the warm up go through you.

I am off to Preston vs Blackburn today, it should be a good one.

Gravenbach looks miles better than anything we've got in midfield.

40 minutes ago, TRon said:

Gravenbach looks miles better than anything we've got in midfield.

£35 million. It's looking like great business. He's been brilliant.

We spent almost double that on Tonali. The way things are going this season we are going to need Tonali to be truly exceptional to turn things around for us.

Really hope it works out that way.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

£35 million. It's looking like great business. He's been brilliant.

We spent almost double that on Tonali. The way things are going this season we are going to need Tonali to be truly exceptional to turn things around for us.

Really hope it works out that way.

Would have cost us 70m though 

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Because there was no intent to hurt the player and he played the ball. 

I'm admittedly unsure of the rules, but since he hasn't touched the player at all, I don't see how it can be a red?

Where's Howard Webb to clear this up. 

So you mean dangerous, possibly career-ending tackle is not a red if it misses the player? Of course it is serious foul if you go for the ball like that. It would be suicide for the opponent to challenge for the ball. 

to be honest, that kind of tackles are very rare these days compared to 20 years ago when I started watching PL. They were never red back then..

Edited by KingArthur